• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    7 Days To Die Modded Monday - October 19, 2020

    7 Days To Die Modded Monday - October 19, 2020


    Modded Monday - October 19, 2020

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Looking for advice or help on where to start with modding for 7 Days to Die? Are you having trouble finding a particular mod, or opinions of what mod to play next?

    Post below with what you're having trouble with or what you're looking for!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I would love to be able to pet them while they are devouring me

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if I can change my private friends only server settings once I’ve already started the game ?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    Help me :(

    submitted by /u/Abyxis4591
    [link] [comments]

    Catch 22 on skills and crafting?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    So I am a newb, just picked up the game today, but I am having a lot of trouble on my first play-through. It might just be me since I am new but it feels like most of the skills and crafting recipes are in an order that requires you to unlock half the skill tree to make them?

    Like it takes forever to get from one spot to another, so when I saw that the skill Intellect>Grease Monkey > Bicycle Mechanic I jumped at it. Except... I couldn't build the bike. Because I needed a workbench to build the parts. I had already dumped two points into intelligence, one to have the requisite attribute, and the second to but the mechanic skill.

    I had to dump an additional 5 points, 3 more into intellect to have the level 4 attribute skill needed to unlock advanced engineering, and 2 so that I could craft the workbench.

    Only to find out that the workbench requires 20 mechanical parts which I have never seen in the game so far (9h) and I don't see any way to craft them so I assume I have to scavenge them somewhere.

    Similarly I got infected within the first 5 minutes of my first play-through. Started looking for antibiotics everywhere. Never found them. Of the 21 houses I searched, exactly one had an intact medicine cabinet, which did not drop antibiotics. Theoretically there are pharmacies on the map but both of them are two kilometres away from my base (sure would be nice to have a bike), and the one appears to be in a highly dangerous zone? It was snowing and I was mulled to death by a Siberian tiger.

    I could craft antibiotics, if I unlocked THE MAX TEIR of the physician tree which would require a total of 13 skill points dedicated to nothing but unlocking the ability to craft the antidote to an unrecoverable illness that cannot be cured in any other way and can be received from a single zombie hit within 5 minutes of the game.

    There is in theory also Herbal Antibiotics but as far as I can tell the only way to learn to craft them is to pray the RNG gods grant me a recipe book, which they never did. And even if they did I would have needed to fined the 4-5 different ingredients before my infection got bad enough to require normal antibiotics bringing me back to the first problem.

    Also honey, which is also an random drop that I never found.

    I died once so far and within 10 minutes of coming back to life, I got hit by a zombie and picked up the infection again. So maybe I just suck and I need to just... never get hit? But this seems really brutal for playing on the easiest difficulty.

    So now I am starving and infected and low on resources because I dumped all of my points into trees that apparently wont pay off until level twenty-something. I realize now it might have been more effective to invest in tracking and cooking, but its really frustrating to waste skill points when anything those skills let you craft are gated behind other skills.

    Like, if all the bike components are going to require a workbench, bike mechanic should be gated behind the tinkerer skill that lets you actually build the workbench. Or better yet, the bike components shouldn't require a workbench so players can get onto wheels before the first year passes. Maybe so they can ride past the tiger and make it to the pharmacy to find the cure to the infection they got.

    submitted by /u/CiberX15
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an early-game melee capable fort that'll let you take on the horde? Hate dogs & zombies being able to break into your base? Check out episode 2 of Evolution of a Horde Base where we're taking a simple base concept and expanding on it each week by fixing issues and adding features.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    My best A19 game start so far

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I managed to buy the Motorcycle on Day 3 and the AK on Day 4 when he restocked.

    https://imgur.com/a/ULYCKen

    I've played A19 about 6 times, each game lasting about 10-40 game days. I like the very early (first week) portion the most, so i tend to restart a lot of my games once i hit a certain point in the game.

    This time, I spawned in a very open town, but only 1 Tier 5 building (Pills factory), but it had a trader about 400m from where i started. I looted a house on the way there and was dismayed to see the motorcycle available on Day 1. Since i only looted 1 small house, i had a bit of junk i normally leave behind like lead and brass, so i sold it and got a wee bit of gold. There was a junkyard right cross the trader, so i looted it as well and came back with a ton of more brass and lead from all the trash piles. I got a few schematics and sold them after reading 1. I was about to around 6K on the end of Day 1 and thought if i had a better town, it might be possible to get the 20K needed, but figured i would just loot whatever is available and see what happens. Sadly the town was very spaced out and if it wasn't for me continuously getting steroids as loot, i would have been bogged down trucking loads of literal crap back to some storage chests i set up by the trader. A ton of the buildings were rubble business, like partial buildings. In general the town just happened to be a dead place for loot. No stores, diners, etc. I kept looting brass and whatever else and by the end of Day 2 i had about 14k and felt it just might be possible.

    The problem was i was running out of buildings, since it was a small town and i was having to run hundreds of meters to get to the outlying buildings i hadn't looted yet. On Night 1, i risked it and looted the pills factory by crating up to the top and then on Night 2 a creamery factory next to my base and the trader.

    On Day 2, i found 2 treasure maps, but it was about 800m-1km away and without a vehicle, that would probably eat up half the day. If i knew i'd get 10-15K from it, i might have gone for it at this point, but it ranges from 5-15k usually and i just didn't want to risk it. I couldn't afford to spend Day 3 on it, since i was still far behind.

    About midday on Day 3 i showed up at the trader with a ton of crap to sell and was hoping i would have 20K. I had leveled up recently and saved a point and found a cigar. I leveled up better barter, and wore the cigar and the price came down to 17K.

    During my looting, i managed to get about 800 gas, so i had some fuel. On the afternoon of Day 3, i went on the motorcycle right after the screenshot to get the crate for that day. It happened to be in a nearby town and there was a medium/large book store. When i came back to work on stone and clay for the night, i was about to drop off my loot when 3 dire wolves attacked. I really hate how dogs and other animals make no sound when they are a horde until they are about 5 feet away and then they roar in your face. I managed to heal and get away on the motorcyle and then ran them over. I looted the book store on Day 4 and got the AK after that. I wrenched many non-container cars for gas and have a ton of gas for now.

    I then spent the next 3 days working on my standard base. It held up fine on horde night and on Day 8, i wasted over half a tank of gas scoping out the desert area, which i plan to go back to the next time i play, to collect shale ore. The desert town sucked as well, so I am not very pleased with the towns so far. The book store town seems like the best one so far for looting, but still it's nothing to write home about.

    What i found surprising is that when i looted the initial town, there were tons of the blue cobble squares in tarps and i did loot those through all my days of looting. If it wasn't for that, i would have been very behind on building my base. I managed to build my base in record time through all this, even when i was focusing on earning as much money as i could on the first 3 Days. Normally my typical base isn't ready until Day 7, but it was up and fairly upgraded on Day 6.

    I'm on Day 8 now and have about 65K after i went and collected the 4 treasure maps. There's a 2nd trader near the book store town which is very close by, so i am just hoping the Gyrocopter shows up at one of them soon.

    Anyways, hope everyone else is having a good run on their game. \o

    submitted by /u/wamplet
    [link] [comments]

    When your friend tries to dig a basement for your base.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    Looks like I'll be dual wielding early on ;)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    Don't forget to loot the underground lab in the garage

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    When you find the best location to build... but wherever you build your base, it'll be on a harsh slant. :/

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Looking for a fix or help with issue building. Ps4

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    Building a base and I'm decently high up. I'm trying to add walls and they are falling in but just in one area. The base is built uniform on all side however this is the only wall to do this and it's only in one small area of the wall. Any tips or advice to help fix it.

    submitted by /u/TheOr-gasmDoner
    [link] [comments]

    What are some add mods that are a19 ready and fun/good?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    I used to love the farming mod, but it hasn't been updated in over a year sadly. I don't mean darkness falls, raven, etc. Just simple ones like UI changes, a couple items added, etc.

    submitted by /u/Cerebral23ad
    [link] [comments]

    Mines kills shoud give some experience

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    I love mines. I make them a lot. And its so romantic when hearing from my underground base that poor zombie bastard just exploded my sweet little mine under its rotten legs. It the sweetest sound in the world!

    Now, how about devs give us some exp rewards for mines kills? What da ya think.

    submitted by /u/Vendor_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    7days-PC-Dedicated Server

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    I run a personal dedicated server on windows for me and some friends. We have found that every day I have to log into the server locally and then once i do that my friends can join. It doesnt do it instantly but it does do it after some time. Is there a known fix for this issue or something i am missing?

    submitted by /u/Wdrussell1
    [link] [comments]

    Some inappropriate behaviour.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Storage or Despawn crates?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    What can and can't you use as storage?

    Can i use lockers and fridges to store things? Will stuff despawn if not in lockable storage containers?

    Last time i played the only option for storage was the wooden chests and gun safes. Can i use a fridge to store food and lockers to store clothes or will they despawn in those?

    submitted by /u/LittleDrummerBoi
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days to Die How to Access Dev Tools

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Looking for someone to play w/

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Just looking for someone to play with who enjoys survival/multiplayer games as much as me. I am willing to start a brand new server. Usually my main goal is making the motorbike and creating a sick base. I like to play with daylight hours extended. I have the game on Xbox 1 and PS4, I would be down for either.

    submitted by /u/bsvrd
    [link] [comments]

    Setting Heavy Fog

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    Modding type question here:

    Group of fellers I play with want a more intense game, one of the ways I want to do this is via fog. I've found two settings that seem to control fog:

    In worldglobal.xml

    <property name="fogPower" value="1, 1"/> <!-- day, night --> <property name="fogWater" value=".8, .2"/> <!-- density, speed --> <property name="fogWaterColor" value=".38, .42, .38"/> 

    If I change those power values you see a distinct effect. For example changing them to .375, .375 makes the world covered in a heavy fog. The day night cycle works as well. If you do .375, 1 you have no fog at night and heavy fog during the day.

    The other location is in the biomes.xml. Ive been trying to use this because although I do want fog I don't want heavy fog all the time (just a lot of the time)

    In each specific biome there is section for weather that looks something like this:
    <Fog min="0" max="0" prob=".9"/>

    <Fog min="100" max="100" prob=".1"/>

    I understand from the comment section in that file this is how its supposed to work. Translated that is a 90% chance of 0 to 0 fog and a 10% change of 100 to 100 fog. Problem is no amount of tweaking to that seems to make much of a difference. If I keep the world values at stock 1,1 and update that code to

    <Fog min="0" max="0" prob=".5"/>

    <Fog min="100" max="100" prob=".5"/>

    I see a tiny receding of fog every give or take 4 days. If I set the world fog to .375 same thing, but the min/max values seem to have very little affect on the the fog. I would have assumed 0 meant none and 100 meant maxed global settings. That isn't the case as the change in fog is almost un-noticeable. Has anyone had any luck with this?

    submitted by /u/Aiur16899
    [link] [comments]

    Console updates

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    I know about why they have no more console updates anymore, but has there been any announcements or any type of update about doing anything about it. They said in their response about the game a while back that when a new console comes out they could add it. If anyone knows lmk. Thanks

    submitted by /u/NumbuhUn0
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wanna play??

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Hey I'm new to the game looking for someone or maybe a couple people to play with to show me the ropes. I've wat hed youtube videos but I know there is alot more to this game than the "beginners guides" show. Just looking for people to play the game with. My discord is F8L DOC#3251. Add me I'll be on in a half hour my discord is currently pulled up though.

    submitted by /u/Coreytyler1
    [link] [comments]

    Random Blood Moon setup.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    I've read so many different things regarding the blood moon range. The wiki says one thing about the range being + or - and I've seen post of people are saying it's just +. I want to set up a random blood moon setup where as soon as the blood moon is triggered it resets the algorithm for another random blood moon. I've set up my current game with a blood moon every 7 days with the range set to 7 as well. Got all the way to day 12 before a blood moon. Is it possible for the blood moon to happen before day 7 with the range set to 7 or is that range just +? This is in regards to Alpha 19.

    submitted by /u/jsmcdorman
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use the reinforced chests or will my loot de spawn?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    I know I can't craft them but there's one in a house I'm going to make my base so I am hoping I might be able to use it

    submitted by /u/grammasSweetTiddies
    [link] [comments]

    What rank in difficulty would you give the biome?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Everyone seems to choose the forest. Its pleasant with birds chirping and fluffy bunnies everywhere. I have been playing warrior level in the wastland. Its dangerous and wow the tension. I think I stop breathing sometimes. How would you rank the biomes if you played the entire map as that single biome?

    Here mine.

    1. Wasteland
    2. Snow
    3. Burnt
    4. Desert
    5. Forest

    I chose snow for second because the big cats, bears, dire wolves and roaming wolf packs are around every corner. I can stand on a poi rooftop and usually spot 2-3.

    submitted by /u/Athelious101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel