• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - December 02, 2020

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - December 02, 2020


    Wildcard Wednesday - December 02, 2020

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Please use this thread to post anything you might have missed from the schedule below

    Day Topic
    Sunday Seedy Sunday
    Monday Modded Monday
    Tuesday Tips n' Tricks Tuesday
    Wednesday Wildcard Wednesday
    Thursday Base Tour/Showcase Thursday
    Friday Friend Finder Friday
    Saturday Streams/Let's Play Saturday
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just thought I would share this but my GF painted me this for my birthday.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Mistakes were made.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:36 AM PST

    I got a toilet gun on day one and just wanted to let people know you can still get one on day one

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 03:47 PM PST

    A lot of questions from new player :D

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:43 PM PST

    Hello, I'm new to this game about 25h, I'm playing with two, also new, friends and I have some random questions. We just finished day 21, so please no future spoilers for different zombies, important locations etc. Thanks :3

    About collecting, crafting and cooking:

    1. What is the best way to collect food? We are literally always hungry. Even if we have 200 corn, we can't cook it because of missing water.
    2. Which cooked food gives the most for the least used resources?
    3. Is there any water collector so we don't need to go to river/lake/snowy biome?
    4. What plants are best to plant?
    5. Where can we find potatoes?
    6. Will we eventually get to the stage in the game where everyone can create all possible items, or should we divide the tasks from the beginning?
    7. Which skills should not be invested in? Which are the least useful?

    About base:

    1. What is the hardest biome to have a base and why?
    2. What are the blocks upgrades in order from weakest to strongest? And also is it possible to upgrade to the most powerful ones of the basic blocks? So far we got to the flagstone, we also started building a base and we wouldn't like to have to do it all over again if it was not possible to upgrade to the strongest blocks.
    3. What should we know about base's layout? How many rooms do we need, how big should rooms be, where should the most important things be and so on?
    4. Is this a good idea to have two bases - one for normal days and one for fight while blood moon? If so, at what point (lvl or stage in game) should we create this one for fighting?

    This is our basic idea for the base:

    A rectangular wall on a hill, with extra walls at the bottom so that we can be one or two squares "behind" them so that they won't be perfectly below us to make it easier to shoot; a moat full of spikes in front of the wall and probably other traps in the future. Inside of walls would be our house and garden.Is this a good idea? Should we change something?

    Out of curiosity:

    1. Is there any way to delete all traders? How much would this affect our game?
    2. Is there any way to increase amount of zombies in buildings/cities?
    3. What to do if we fail to return to the base on time on the blood moon day? What to do if we get stuck in an open space? Any way to survive or just run and hope for the best?
    4. I heard that it is possible to set the blood moon to random days, what do you think about this option? It seems exciting, but I don't know whether it is not too difficult for the beginners.

    Any other advices? I mean things that new people often do in the game when they shouldn't, e.g. throw something away thinking it's useless and then have to look for it because it's important or something.

    Edit: I'm playing on PC.

    submitted by /u/littlelegends1
    [link] [comments]

    Well that's handy!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Ready for the Christmas horde?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 03:10 PM PST

    So my wife and I are playing online together both on pc. Both computers are exactly the same with exactly the same settings .. mines running perfectly and hers is having severe frame rate drops or lag or both i can't really tell ... any ideas ?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:37 PM PST

    So this is kinda weird.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:49 PM PST

    TLDR at the bottom . This is me just asking a question. I play on ps4 for 7 days to die and I was in this world I made with my friend. My friend was afk and I decided I might as well go exploring. So I was exploring not really finding anything and then I found a cave. I decided to go into and I crouched and it said I was hunted. I started to hear a zombie and I looked at the opening of the cave and saw a feral walker. Aka naked zombie day running dude. He freaked the hell out of me because 1. At least from my years of playing the game I only have seen them in the rocky floor towns (I don't know what the biome is called) and hordes. I was in a forest biome with no rocky biome around and there was no hordes because it was only day 5. Anyone know why this dude spawned in a forest?

    TLDR: Naked zombie dude spawned in a forest with no rocky biome town or horde nearby. Does anyone no why he spawned in a forest?

    submitted by /u/I_eat_gorillas
    [link] [comments]

    Is farming really as bad as I think it is?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:21 PM PST

    My friend and I are playing a new map and I was looking at getting into farming. It has been a while since I played so I was thinking okay let's see what we need to get started. I see you have to make these expensive farm plots now but I thought you know if I'm pumping out plants at my front door cool deal I'll power through.

    Then it just gets worse. Seeds take FIVE PLANTS to make one seed? Then when you plant them it takes TWO DAYS for them to fully grow? And if I'm growing aloe that means I'm getting two plants for every harvest, not even enough to make ONE BANDAGE. If I'm going to make any meaningful amount of food or plants at all it seems like I'm going to have to make a ton of these farming plots. Does living off the land just suck now? It seems so extremely painful and tedious to even set up a farm and get it going just from the sheer fact that you'll have to make a ton of plots just to sustain yourself for food and medical supplies. I could be saving a ton of time by just going out into the desert or whatever and collecting the plants all on my own.

    Maybe I just don't have a great understanding of it but it really just seems terrible.

    submitted by /u/sirduke678
    [link] [comments]

    Fell through map well riding bike, stuck in ground.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:46 PM PST

    Restarted my game because it was glitched and now my game gets stuck on building environment when I try to load in.

    20+ hours on this save now seems to be gone.

    Any advice?

    Edit: meant while, not well.

    submitted by /u/Skrek_Son_Of_Shrek
    [link] [comments]

    Not letting me pick up generator or battery banks.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:34 AM PST

    The game isn't allowing me to pick up generator or battery banks that I've put down. Even if they are empty and not connected to anything. On latest stable PC build.

    submitted by /u/Tehpwnagepie
    [link] [comments]

    When the game tries to break you, but you break the game

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:09 PM PST

    Crucible looting

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:37 PM PST

    Yo whats the best place to loot for the crucible.

    submitted by /u/HandHanHank
    [link] [comments]

    Compopack 46 has a lot of POIs spawning 4-12 blocks down from the main ground.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:32 PM PST

    The prefab is spawning 4-12 blocks down into the ground. I am not sure what is happening but it didn't do this in the old version I had played in A17 and 18. I followed the videos and instructions from multiple places that all said the same thing.

    Any suggestions, or is this just part of dealing with the mod now?

    submitted by /u/Cerebral23ad
    [link] [comments]

    First CPU playthrough

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:08 PM PST

    I have spent countless hours playing 7 days on xbox. Yesterday, I finally bought a gaming PC nearly solely to play the updated version of this game. Haven't had much time to sink my teeth into it yet, but is there any pointers or drastic changes I should be aware about?

    Anything helps, thanks!

    submitted by /u/slurvesa
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness Falls Mod

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:54 AM PST

    What's the most ideal/safest biome to set up base in while running the Darkness Falls Mod?

    Normally I'd think the forest biome but DF adds hornets into the forests and they scare tf outta me.

    submitted by /u/youknowiactafool
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: You can play the Pc version on your phone/Tablet or potato PC! See comments to find out how!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 05:27 PM PST

    Game crashing for my friend on PC

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:21 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am currently playing 7days to die online with two friends where I host the game and my friends join.
    One of my friends game keeps crashing randomly and when it crashes it completely closes steam and he has to log on again. His PC is way better than mine and the other friends so I don't think its a performance issue.
    We have tried, reinstalling, using dirextX10, verifying the integrity of game files, turning the graphics down. All his graphics drivers are up to date also. I just find it strange why it is only my 1 friend who is experiencing this as my other friend and I have never crashed.
    Has anyone experienced this or any luck with a fix?

    submitted by /u/bumblebuzz94
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wait to loot large POIs?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:41 PM PST

    I've been away from the game for a few. It appears loot is now tied to your gamestage in some way? If so, should I wait to loot a place like Shotgun Messiah? I don't want to waste my time looting 500 blunderbusses at level 13.

    submitted by /u/SewbNewb
    [link] [comments]

    Is the player profile stored in the "documents" folder or the gameworld/save file?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:32 PM PST

    I'd like to tweak some of my player stats/perks in my SP game. Trying to find but can't find. Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/Togfox
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some folks to team up with

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:21 PM PST

    So I've got around 700 hours in the game so far. It's something I'll play for a month or so - give it a break for a few months - then come back and play again. Sadly, it seems as though most of the guys I used to play this with have either, 1. Not been logged onto steam or our Discord server for a while, or 2. Don't seem very interested in playing 7 Days to Die for a while longer.

    So - I'm out 'sniffin' around for some new players that might wanna jam out and build up a base.

    Some preferences and playstyles about myself:
    1. I definitely prefer to host the game locally and not leave the server on 24/7. In the time I've been playing, it's tended to go much better when we all generally set a rough rule of thumb time when we'll log on - we'll play together for a couple of hours - then log off at roughly the same time. (Usually 7 PM - 9 or 10 PM PST. *usually*)
    2. I also definitely prefer to organize our team up into specialties. This usually means one player will specialize in tasks like:
    A. Hunting & Harvesting of crops as more or less a 'food gatherer' of the group.
    B. The Hunter/Harvester is often paired off with someone who has the animal tracking perks as well as Lucky Looter & Salvage Operations perks. While they go out and hunt, they also salvage parts for electronics & general 'looting' stuff.
    C. Miners & Cooks - Usually the way we've done this in the past is 2 or even 3 guys just become 'beastly' miners who harvest loads of minerals to be converted into things like iron, steel, and so forth. But since the perk is also typically within the strength tree, at least one of them also doubles as a cook when taking a break from digging and harvesting.
    D. Engineers - Self-explanatory role here, probably. Usually, just one person (this has traditionally been what I personally do) will kinda be the 'base-bitch' and stay in the fort, smelting, crafting stuff in the workbench, running the cement mixers, and typically ends up being the guy doing most of the carpentry & masonry work around the base itself. Although in general, construction is overall a team effort (lining the outside with spikes and so forth for instance, or helping to tear down an old layer of construction in order for a new one to get built) we'll typically do this with a really 'semi-realistic' looking base that essentially just amounts to a square tower. Reinforced concrete, a ring of iron bars to fire out through, perhaps a 'murder-room' style entrance with bars flanking it to fire through as well, and each floor specializing in a general-purpose (the first floor is usually purely defensive, the second floor is where a lot of crafting gets done with forges, workbenches and so forth, the third floor is where beds/sleeping bags are put down in individual rooms, the rooftop is where crops are usually grown. We've also built 'bar-cages' sometimes around the top where players can walk out and fire down into the crowds on blood moons usually as well when materials are available to do it.)

    Does this sort of playstyle/approach to the game sound appealing/fun to anyone else? The rest of my normal crowd are all stuck on DayZ at the moment and I'm just not having as much fun with the newest update they've put out for it, so kinda wanting to dabble in this while everyone else is dabbling in that. :) Lmk if anyone's up for it!

    submitted by /u/OhmoebaTheGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about how hordes work in Multiplayer

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:56 AM PST

    Hi!

    So I just started with this game.
    Been starting with a Friend, hosting the game on my Computer. But its laggy for him, so we consider moving a dedicated online Server from the server browser.

    Though we are confused about how the Horde mechanic works on online Servers?

    Like, the horde gets stronger with every day, right?
    So how is it going to be like if we join a Server thats at day 120 for example?

    Will this be individual? Like is it day 1 for us? but day 120 for the ones that started playing at the beginning?

    Or will we just get weaker hordes? Or will we get the same hordes and basically cant play on such a server because we will just get stomped at the first blood moon?

    I would be very glad for some explanation! :)

    submitted by /u/jeNova-
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon Blueprints

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:33 AM PST

    I wanna find the .44 Desert Vulture, the Sniper, and the Marksman Rifle blueprints, is there anywhere they usually spawn, or a trader that sells these more commonly than others?

    submitted by /u/Reapers_Mask
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel