• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 19, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - February 19, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - February 19, 2019


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - February 19, 2019

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I didn’t know direwolves were a thing... had a major heart attack!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 05:42 AM PST

    My chair and flower pot collection has taken over my temporary roof base.. what a beauty

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 05:46 AM PST

    A18 News Archive

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 11:04 AM PST

    This post is gonna be a bit bare until more news comes out but I'd like to get ahead of it this time instead of doing it much, much later in the dev cycle like I did with Alpha 17.

    Unfortunately, subreddits are only allowed to have two stickied posts at a time and a lot of that information might have gotten lost or overlooked when new information was made available.

    I've gone through and gathered up as many links, posts and other information on the A18 update as I could find in-case you've missed something. I'll try to keep this post as up to date as possible until the A18 release. I'll also try to provide a quick description of each video/tweet/etc so you can easily find what you're looking for, or interested in seeing.

    Please bear in mind that the list is in chronological order and a lot of what you see may not be currently representative of the games current state if you happen to view this post at a later date.

    As usual, if I missed something let me know and I'll be glad to edit and update the post! Want to keep up to date yourself? I'd recommend checking out the following:

    7 Days to Die development Twitter

    Joel Huenik/Madmole's Twitter

    Joel's Youtube channel

    7 Days to Die A18 Developer diary/discussion (Will add a link to the forum post once it's eventually made!)

    7 Days to Die News forum

    7 Days to Die Tumblr Blog

    7 Days to Die Discord

    July 24th, 2018 - Bandits were pushed back to A18

    Oct 18th, 2018 - First mention of an M60 to be added with A18

    Feb 15th, 2019 - Joel teases a coffee maker model the art team has been working on, also mentions that the art team are now working on assets for A18. (Imgur Mirror)

    Feb 19th, 2019 - Joel teases some RWG that Justin and Robert have been working on (Imgur Mirror) A node editor has been implemented to quickly visualize terrain (Imgur Mirror), each biome can have its own look to it as well.

    submitted by /u/Delta7x
    [link] [comments]

    Just my own 7 Days to die Wallpaper/thumbnail [Image]

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 06:12 PM PST

    Just my own 7 Days to die Wallpaper/thumbnail [Image]

    Its just one of the many little designs that I made during the creative process but not ended up using. If anyone has use for it please by all means download and share if you like it!

    https://i.redd.it/ujrt5s1ttmh21.png

    submitted by /u/MightyPainGaming
    [link] [comments]

    7 Day Challenges?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 08:30 PM PST

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for challenges/custom playthroughs for 7 Days.

    I am intending on recording a few different challenges for YouTube.

    The only challenge I've completed is The Island challenge, where the player starts on a factory and cannot level it, only winning once a gyrocopter has been built.

    Any suggestions are welcome!

    submitted by /u/SirEdington
    [link] [comments]

    Joel teases new RWG coming with A18

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 09:06 AM PST

    7DTD can't deal with 144 Hz??

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 07:19 PM PST

    I've had some very notable performance problems in 7DTD for a while, the framerate is reported by Steam overlay to be about consistent 48, but it _feels_ like half of that or worse. Following general suggestions only managed to not actually improve this noticeably, tho I do keep most of my graphics settings either off or low to mitigate it.

    Out of nowhere however I discovered a solution that I did not expect. My 144 Hz monitor deals with darkness really badly, so I decided to try playing the game on my older monitor that has superior color reproduction but only runs at 60 Hz. To my surprise the game now runs butter smooth. I'm not sure if this would've been achieved simply by restricting the Hz for the other monitor, but I'm seeing a massive improvement with this and it boggles my mind.

    As a note, VSYNC settings had no effect on 144 Hz monitor, but on 60 Hz monitor I had to force it off or suffer input lag, otherwise I saw no difference to what it was set to.

    submitted by /u/starlarva
    [link] [comments]

    When grease monkey unlocks the motorcycle:

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 06:04 AM PST

    Discussion/Idea thread: what should change, what should come.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 08:16 PM PST

    I've been trying to get into this game for years but just can't, there's too many things that need changed or revamped. 1. Audio: The sound of a zombie will seem far away but then I get stunned, it was right next to me. Farming: Give us a little more reward for our effort. Farm tools: Make them last longer, I'm always needing to restock them too much (the basic tools) Noob roof collapse: if a noob doesn't secure his room let the roof fall into a bag like when you throw away an item, so he doesn't have to beat the mound with a tool Sleep: night is boring and too dark to do anything, make sleep an option except on the 7 day horde Bow crosshair: it's too wide, too easy to miss Hunger sounds: take them away, just use a subtitle instead Food durability: make food not a one use item, a bottle of water should last longer than one use Forge rework: too many things needed for forge, its a hassle and not fun. More animals: I hardly see them and need food Music: better in-game music, make it feel more serene and kinda peaceful One-shot headshot: c'mon they're zombies! One head shot and done! Buried supplies/treasure: make it a little easier to find, using only two shovels at the most, don't wanna spend several in game hours on it. What do you think? Yay or nay? What would you add/ takeaway? If I need correcting on some of these please do! Thanks

    submitted by /u/waddup_gnomie
    [link] [comments]

    Will anyone join me on my live stream adventure? [Image]

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 05:21 PM PST

    Will anyone join me on my live stream adventure? [Image]

    Hey P4 7 Days to die players. I'm looking for a couple of friends to stream with at least once a week on my live stream series call the tower of pain. Allow me to briefly explain my current situation, during my travels I managed to find a summit or hill briefly surfacing the water in the middle of a lake. Having spawned in the wastelands and finding water eventually led to it. For some reason I decided to build there not having built on an island before, it turns out that the body of water is too big for zombies to spawn which has made me 100% safe, even on horde nights. I've gathered an abundance of materials. I've built a forge, the tower is a hybrid of a wood base with cobblestone walls, complete with a mineshaft entrance. I dug about 15-20 feet at a angle underneath the tower without caving in my hard work (there is still more to be done in the mine shaft). I am currently growing blue berries and Aloe Vera plants and have a modest amount of supplies for anyone willing to join me in creating a opportunity to take the fight back to the zombies. I stream the tower of pain series and wish to collaborate with players that are willing to work hard and together. Here is a link to my latest episode. My PSN is HOLDITDOWN91 for anyone who wants to join the live stream series. Thank you. PS I only died twice.

    https://i.redd.it/nw8v52nakmh21.jpg

    submitted by /u/MightyPainGaming
    [link] [comments]

    How do I use XPath to change Stacknumber?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 12:06 PM PST

    I want to use XPath to change all of the Stacknumber values in items.xml to 30,000 where the default value is greater than 1. I have a modlet that I have a few other QOL adjustments in, and it works for a few set value commands. I just don't quite understand how to use the filters, and I don't want to make all these changes one at a time when I assume a single line will do it. Here's my attempt...

    <set xpath="/items/property[@name='Stacknumber' and @value>'1']/@value">30000</set>I also tried

    <set xpath="/items/property[@name='Stacknumber' and @value='>1']/@value">30000</set>

    And a few other things that failed. Anyway, if I could get a pointer on what I'm missing I'd appreciate it.

    Edit: This is pretty close, but doesn't impact all items.

    <set xpath="/items/item/property[@name='Stacknumber' and @value &gt; '1']/@value">30000</set>

    submitted by /u/maytwa
    [link] [comments]

    2 Possibly stupid questions about healing and XML Editing

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 07:52 AM PST

    Hello all, I have an issue when I try healing others in my game. No matter if I right click or left click on the player the healing item just gets applied to me. What am I doing wrong?

    I wanted to invest in the medicine skill to be the medic but not if I can not heal others

    Also is there a good resource or tutorial on editing the XML file? mainly to reduce the number of radiated zombies?

    submitted by /u/Gorilla51
    [link] [comments]

    Mini bike was disappearing now it’s just lying inaccessibly in my front yard. Constant crashes and lost items. A17 is a horror alright.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 10:19 AM PST

    Been playing for years, don't even know what version I started with. Have 1200 hours of game time, I definitely love this game.

    I also really like a lot of the new things in A17. The new POIs are immersive and huge. Looting now feels dangerous and suspenseful instead of repetitive and laborious. The changes to the progression/skill system make things more challenging but also...attainable. There are a lot of things that got me psyched to start playing again when A17 came out.

    But I finally have a good game going now, Day 30, but the further I progress the more unplayable and broken the game is.

    Ever since I installed I had crashing issues. If I opened a campfire or my backpack or had two many things going on at once...crash. That alone I could deal with, even if it seems to be happening more and more. I lost some items along the way but nothing too devastating. At least I haven't lost my chainsaw I found in the first couple days.

    The real trouble started when I built my first bicycle and then mini bike. I lost the bike a few times only for it to reappear. Then the same thing happened with my mini bike and I experienced the teleportation phenomenon I've seen others describe.

    Well now the mini bike is just lying in front of my base, and won't react to any commands. It's still there, it shows up on my map and the "press E to interact" option even appears when I walk up to it, but nothing happens when I do.

    So now I'm kind of stranded near my base, forced to look for more acid so I can build wheels and another mini bike. Luckily I should have all the other resources I need for another one. To make things worse almost all of my money is in the glitched minibike, so I can't even buy my way out of this.

    I work in software development, I get the realities of an alpha and the fact that I've gotten more than my money's worth out of this game, but it is frustrating that while I'm more excited than ever to explore and build, the game has become almost unplayable.

    End of rant.

    submitted by /u/EstoRobertoJordan
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to report a bug on the official Forum

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 02:06 AM PST

    Tried to report a bug on the official Forum. Says i can't post any Threads after creating an account (got no confirmation Email). Do i really have to link my Steam Account?

    The bug i wish to report would be following: My Friend can't interact with any Storage boxes on my Server. he joins via Steam and it went well until the last Session. Suddenly he can't interact with the Storage boxes. The „press E" prompt shows up but nothing happens (no sound is being played too). He can open storages in singleplayer no problem. And can also access his backpack after he killed himself.

    No mods installed, he joins via steam. We restarted the Server and our PCs multiple times, used the Steam repair function. He is the only one with this Problem, other Players have no trouble opening the boxes. He is added as an ally and is also added as a friend.

    submitted by /u/whewdad
    [link] [comments]

    ���� How To Make A Campfire ����

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 04:28 PM PST

    Base defense question

    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 12:44 AM PST

    I decided to make a moat around my base filled with wooden spike traps and now im afraid the zombies will break the soil ground and destroy everything what can i do to prevent this? I put wooden blocks and upgraded them to iron but I dont think that will help much

    submitted by /u/Soulsapper25
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel