• Breaking News

    Monday, October 7, 2019

    7 Days To Die Alpha 18 Experimental

    7 Days To Die Alpha 18 Experimental


    Alpha 18 Experimental

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    The experimental is now live! I realize I'm late for this post but I didn't know how to open this any other way, sooo...

    You can find the changelog from A17.4 to A18e here (Warning, long read ahead of you). You can find the changelog from the Stream weekend to public Experimental here.

    You can opt into the experimental build by:

    Going to your Steam Library> Right-clicking 7 Days to Die > Properties > Betas > latest_experimental

    You might have to scroll down on the list but if it's not there for you then you may have to restart Steam for it to show up. Please keep in mind that this is an experimental build. It is not meant for long term play. You're likely going to have to restart more than you'd like and you're likely to run into some weird bugs.

    If you happen to encounter a bug please report it on the forums so it can be tracked down and fixed!

    Also, the wiki is likely going to be a bit outdated going from A17-A18e. If you're interested in helping update things but don't know where to start feel free to join the 7 Days to Die Discord and checking out the #wiki channel. We've got a few staff members from the Wiki who'd be happy to help get you started and point you in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/Delta7x
    [link] [comments]

    Modded Monday - October 07, 2019

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Looking for advice or help on where to start with modding for 7 Days to Die? Are you having trouble finding a particular mod, or opinions of what mod to play next?

    Post below with what you're having trouble with or what you're looking for!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    IT'S RELEASED. HERE WE GO.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Uh oh!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    This is what a couple of real-life days of grinding looks like. Me and my friend have 1500 cornbread now

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    The torch of destiny.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    I think I messed up the AirDrop config

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gib experimental plz つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 04:54 AM PDT

    An answer to "Why do streamers get it early?"

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    I wanted to give a game developer's perspective on why you'd give early builds to streamers before releasing them to the public. I've seen a lot of comments here from people who are upset with TFP for giving streamers access before the players who have been with the game for potentially years and years. And just to put it out there, I have owned 7DTD since 2014.

    First off, I am not in any way affiliated with TFP or 7 Days to Die. I'm just a game developer who has released a few small games. And a gamer who has been playing games since the late 80's.

    The most obvious reason that jumps out at me lies in the fact that the people you're giving early access to are streamers. Meaning, you can go sit in their chat and watch how they play the game. As a game developer, it's very difficult to see your game through the eyes of someone who has no clue how it all works. You know exactly how everything is put together and where the buttons in the menus are and what's going on under the hood basically at all times. Because you built the thing. You put the menus together. So it all makes perfect sense to you.

    Giving access to streamers first gives you a few days to sit and watch the clueless masses fumble through your menus and gameplay. Hearing/reading a player describe what they had trouble with is helpful. Watching them stumble is infinitely more helpful.

    You get a good sense of the pain points before you have potentially thousands of players screaming at you to fix the sharp corners. Granted, you still will have thousands of gamers screaming at you when it goes live to them but at least you can have a plan of action and know exactly what those pain points are.

    There may be some marketing incentive to allow streamers to play it first but I think that's a very small part of what the devs are attempting to accomplish with giving streamers access first. Most people who are going to be watching those streams and videos already own the game and just want to get a look at what's coming next.

    I hope this was helpful to those who were questioning why TFP would seemingly snub long-time supporters. If you have questions about game development, AMA and I'll do my best to answer.

    submitted by /u/pentiumwetwired
    [link] [comments]

    Best spawn... latest experimental, spawned twice like this and the first time I fell and died, started running in the second but seems to never end (generated map)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    PSA a18 tool crafting is under miner sixityniner.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    It would be cool if roads looked better and were more interesting to travel on

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    What the title says. Considering most players spend a substantial amount of time travelling on roads, it would be nice if they had more features. Just stuff like crash barriers, paint markings, overhead signs, rest stops, etc. Make some 4 or 6 lane highways that run through the map. Just make them more dynamic and more interesting to look at as we travel along them. Let us have some comfy Walking Dead moments as we walk the lonely road.

    Stuff to check out along highways would be nice, could put campsites, truck stops, roadblocks, etc. Overpasses and underpasses would be cool, and would give opportunities for mysterious maintenance doors that lead down into dark tunnels. What's down there? Building materials? Armor? You will have to explore to find out...

    submitted by /u/Bumhole_games
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: if you don't see the latest experimental build, scroll the list down (some may need to restart Steam)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    PSA: if you don't see the latest experimental build, scroll the list down (some may need to restart Steam)

    submitted by /u/drNovikov
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one waiting a couple weeks to start playing A18?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:53 PM PDT

    It's been about 3 months since I last fired up the game. As a 5 year veteran of the game I'm excited for the new alpha but don't want to drop 12 hours into a fresh server just to have them wipe after hot fixes come out.

    submitted by /u/Chef_Fungi_Czar
    [link] [comments]

    FPS Dips.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:18 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having seemingly random fps dips down to 5-10fps? It seems to occur in inventory and chests for me, but at completely random, far spaced moments. But otherwise I get a constant smooth 75.

    submitted by /u/IvoryMustang
    [link] [comments]

    I know this game is still alpha but please allow the ability to check either hold to aim or toggle to aim.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    People may be ok with the current iteration but if I want to quickly scope and then exit it just puts me into toggle to aim. I'd rather there be an option to to hold to ads or toggle via a menu option since this impedes what normal fps controls allows. Yes I know this is not an fps per se but since its still alpha I presume it would still be ok to suggest options to see in the future.

    submitted by /u/dimedius
    [link] [comments]

    Night hours feel more dangerous in A18.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:16 PM PDT

    I'm hitting day 7 right now and night hours feel alot more dangerous in A18 than A17. I feel like spawns are higher, I've heard/seen multiple wandering hordes at night, and I'm much more likely to be heard in my base at night than in A17 if I'm not careful. On Day 5 I went out just after 4am and to my surprise a wild feral zombie sprinted up to me and smacked me in the face. I know it was feral from the exp, morning chime sound, and the fact all other zombies were walking. I had not hit her yet so it wasn't rage mod either :P.

    I've died twice due to the increased night presence so far (not helped by the fact im in the snow biome so it's alot of lumberjacks). Just dropping a warning here to other folks lol. If you're going to do things at night in A18, FFS be careful, these zambies are not playing around :P.

    I don't think it's a problem, but it's definitely being an adjustment for me right now. I could piddle around in A17 at night with near impunity.

    submitted by /u/Ralathar44
    [link] [comments]

    Is iT oUt YeT?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:09 AM PDT

    It's been a while (almost a year) and i forgot how jump scary this game is!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    Just spawned into a nav map (heard the random is making some weird stuff). Got put in an ash biome and it's been so long I have no idea where I am. Killed a couple zeds and went looting in a house. Damn mama jumped out with a perfect timed music note and I ran back and fell off the house.

    First life in over a year... Made it about 6hrs.

    Good to be back!

    submitted by /u/hatsandthings
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha 18 - FPS Issues?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I haven't played the game for a while but when I saw that alpha 18 is released today I downloaded the game right away and tried it out. But I saw some very bad FPS in game..

    My PC:

    • Ryzen 5 2600 without any OC.
    • RX 580 8GB
    • Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 3200Mhz

    On low settings I'm getting around 40-50FPS in big areas and 100+ in houses.

    Any info? Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/justyler1337
    [link] [comments]

    Skill trees

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    For those who have started A18 which tree is your favorite?

    submitted by /u/iron_toby
    [link] [comments]

    New Melee animations are bad

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    Please revert the basic and power attacks. The animations just look soft and short stroked everytime and awkward when performing.

    The A17 one has more "power" behind it, it felt!

    submitted by /u/Samadams9292
    [link] [comments]

    Low quality Cars with Texture to High

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    Just as the title says, even tho I am playing with Texture Quality set to High the furthest you can set it the cars and other things like trolleys are low quality.

    Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

    submitted by /u/TheHiddenYouTuber
    [link] [comments]

    7 days data?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:54 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to record game data, so that it can be used in another render?

    submitted by /u/7daysbadger
    [link] [comments]

    Started playing again for Alpha 18

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    I've been on a break from 7 days for a while now, but was very excited for the new alpha. So far I'm loving all the new additions and the game feels great, obviously there are some bugs I've noticed my fair share but that's to be expected. Mainly I just wanted to say I'm happy to see this game improving and adding more content and its definitely a game I'll always come back to

    submitted by /u/kinger1074
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel