• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - October 17, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - October 17, 2019


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - October 17, 2019

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Short preview of combat for a melee-focused attribute skill tree I'm working on!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    Rotten meat should have a recipe now

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    Why is not possible to craft rotten meat out of the one we can harvest from animals? It may have some balancing issues I have not thought about yet, but the fact that rotting flesh is a rare commodity in a post apocalyptic game with zombies, is kinda oxymoronic. I get the not being able to harvest it from zombies, it could be roleplayed as a matter of ethics, and would require corpses to pile up like they used to in some previous versions of the game, but a simple recipe, using murky water and raw meat in a campfire, should be implemented now more than ever, especially after removing the ability to harvest farm plots fr POIs.

    submitted by /u/Lizardsoul
    [link] [comments]

    Looks like nobody has really noticed they started adding pumpkins

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Looks like nobody has really noticed they started adding pumpkins

    In A18 b149 they added several pumpkin assets and half-baked XML code that's not fully implemented. I haven't seen anyone really talking about it except this teaser Tweet by one of the developers showing a planted pumpkin seed.

    I went ahead and finished and supplemented the released content in a modlet that lets us have pumpkins but I'm excited to see what The Fun Pimps do to officially finish their support. It's so nice to see new crops in the game!

    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129810

    Pumpkin Stuff!

    Pumpkin Patch

    submitted by /u/psouza4
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had issues with melee not working when enemies are right in your face?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    Some of the melee weapons have shockingly long range now like spears and sledgehammers can poke from across a room and still bonk enemies.

    But when enemies get RIGHT in my face, I've noticed it's really, really hard to hit them. Like, kissing distance close. I'll power attack with the sledgehammer while me and a zombie are nipple to nipple, and it completely whiffs. Meanwhile the zombie starts getting all handsy and beating the crap out of me while trying to crawl into my shirt with me.

    I've missed 3-4 hits in a row while aiming dead center mass of the dead mass that's close enough to be clipping pelvises together for "integration" time. I have to pull out a shotgun and start blowing my load on them at point blank to get clear and be able to use melee again once they are not nose to nose with me.

    I think it has something to do with the new "arc damage" thing they added to melee, it seems like the attacks don't land well if the enemy is too close to get a swing off.

    Anyone else having this issue in A18?

    submitted by /u/ChuunibyouImouto
    [link] [comments]

    Headshots out, bashing knees in!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    So I have been trained since my first alpha (maybe a8?) to always go for headshots. After getting bashed one too many times from raging zombies I have changed my mind.

    Anytime I engage a zombie, especially more than one, my first goal is to make sure every zombie is limping. Currently my Pummel Pete is level 1 and my Strength is level 3. With most zombies one powershot with an iron club to the leg will get them limping. Once they are limping there movement speed is drastically reduced and you can easily outrun the rage speed boost, even encumbered.

    I dont know if this is true, but I swear that zombies are easier to knock down when they are limping as well. I have no proof or numbers but in my time with a18 a limping zombie seems to get knocked down much more often.

    I mentioned this in my server chat last night and some people had not thought of this so I figured I would post it here as well.

    It should be noted this is on Nomad difficulty with zombies on walk/run. I really love this change, gone are the days of just walking backwards shooting arrows!

    submitted by /u/Yell0wBeard
    [link] [comments]

    Pro tip: Resource nodes like lead, iron, etc extend further down past the node. Just keep digging for tons of resources.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    Took me longer than I'd like to admit, but iron/niter/lead nodes extend further down past the surface rock. Keep mining down for tons more.

    submitted by /u/Hi_Im_Insanity
    [link] [comments]

    Vulture 1 : Truck 0

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    I finally got my truck and I was OVER THE MOON happy, baha-ing around the desert. Until this random aggressive vulture 1-2 hit the truck, taking it from 98% to ZER0 durability. I hope this is a bug and not intentional. *cries* *cold & alone* *forever alone*.

    Playing on PC version Alpha 18 ( b149 )

    When you ride alone, you ride with Hitler.

    submitted by /u/adarkfigure
    [link] [comments]

    Did they just patch in better PERFORMANCE?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    Hello survivors! So previously I could on get 60fps on 720p on low settings (with slight changes) and 1080p was unplayable, now I cam get 60fps on 900p on high settings and 1080p is a steadyish 30fps.

    submitted by /u/SebbyWebbyDooda
    [link] [comments]

    [A18] The perks and book skills menu is delicious

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    Top work there. I love menus filled with perks to choose, and billions of descriptions to read. Keep it up pimps.

    submitted by /u/apostrophefz
    [link] [comments]

    Increase amount of turrets active and active range?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Title.

    submitted by /u/ImSoDrab
    [link] [comments]

    Day 42 horde and surprise!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    So our server had a day 42 horde night with 64 zombies and it was both intense and interesting. The zombies wrecked the kill tunnel and got into the putter courtyard but didn't breach the inner base. It was a close fight to be sure and we all breathed a sigh of relief when 4am hit. All we had to do was mop up the last dozen green zombies. But then we started to hear the screams, lots of screams. Unknown to use, a large number screamers had spawned and and we're creating more zombies. Also because of the number of screamers, they were spawning in more screamers! We would kill three and four more would show up, along with another 6 greens! After a night of fighting everyone was low on ammo and I had no more ammo at all for my turrets. In the end, after starting with 1300 7.62 and 400 7.62AP and 1000 junk turret ammo I ended with 56 rounds left. I honestly thought the screamers would be the end of us. It was amazing fun!

    submitted by /u/Gonziago
    [link] [comments]

    So My Friends and I Discovered a Small Bug

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:07 AM PDT

    Looting from zombies should not despawn in hordes

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    From A17, I have seen that loot from zombies (the yellow bag) despawns too quickly, resulting in losing a lot of loot during horde nights.

    I do not want gore blocks to come back (they were horrible to clean after), but I do think that loot bags from zombies should despawn after a certain timer AND once you are at a minimum certain distance.

    This would also incentivize tackling the hordes (as they provide you useful loot), as otherwise at certain point hiding would be better (cost of ammo and repairs versus reward). You also have experience, but as you rely more on traps this experience is reduced, even with the new perks (only for electrical traps).

    Loot from zombies in the horde should be mainly dukes, money, ammo and/or other useful or random items, so it is quickly to clean after the horde, and you can replenish your ammo (brass could be obtained now from melting the dukes also if required, as this is a new feature I think, or even bought).

    I really hope that this is addressed at some point!

    submitted by /u/RedRaptor85
    [link] [comments]

    4x4 useless?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    I'm playing on an A18 world with my brother right now and we have a 4x4 as well as two motorcycles but I don't really see the need for the 4x4. Two motorcycles still burn less gas then one 4x4, the combined storage will be the same, and the motorcycles are faster. So what's the benefit to drive the 4x4 over taking two motorcycles?

    submitted by /u/MessinWithLarry
    [link] [comments]

    Tired of sorting your items in containers after every run? Check out this QoL inventory sorting mod for the vanilla game.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    For those who aren't in the know already, check out this mod that helps with inventory sorting between containers:

    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?127758-Backpack-Buttons-A18!-(Stash-All-Stash-Stack-Stash-Stack-Smart))

    I tried it myself and it takes some getting use to but it works/helps a good bit. :)

    submitted by /u/ryeookin
    [link] [comments]

    Something's wrong with my 7dtd.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:26 PM PDT

    Something's wrong with my 7dtd.

    Title. Or maybe its my computer, I'm not sure. I've started seeing this problem ever since the update yesterday. Anybody know how to fix it?

    PC Specs, if anything:

    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    16 Gigs of ram, Windows 10

    https://i.redd.it/65hg9e15j8t31.png

    submitted by /u/Grimlament
    [link] [comments]

    all tools and items broken

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    I haven't been on in the past couple of days but when I went on today, all my tools and items have 0 durability. Anyone else having this?

    submitted by /u/pikmin969
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or is this one way to grindy?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    I'm having a hard time leveling. I am finding now that I'm 50 the points are taking to long for me to be enthusiastic about the leveling. In short in getting burnt it from the grind as it seems the time and effort to get a point takes way too long.

    Does any of you feel the same or am I not leveling efficiently. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/xfive562
    [link] [comments]

    Back in the saddle, a bit lost though

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    It's been a fat minute since I've played. I set up my base in an old underground part of a cemetery and have a forge going and some decent loot for early game. I'm putting a lot of points in intellect to craft vehicles and workshops ASAP but it's day seven and my only defenses for my base is one layer of wood spikes that took my an entire day to surround my walls with. I'm fucked, what should I do? Any other tips or bits of advice?

    submitted by /u/Ryanide1
    [link] [comments]

    A18 Gtx 1050?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    Anyone able to run A18 on Gtx 1050?

    submitted by /u/CyTheFlyGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Explosive arrows/bolts and the new a18 explosive tree

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:26 PM PDT

    Is there synergy between explosive arrow based ammo and the explosives perk, or should a player invest in bow skills to increase explosive arrow damage?

    submitted by /u/artcrime2999
    [link] [comments]

    What perk do I need to craft Double Barrels?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    I have shotgun messiah 3 and 5 strength. What else am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Hi_Im_Insanity
    [link] [comments]

    Textures went to shit.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    I got on today after the update and some textures are playdough like. I tried starting a new save and the same issues were there too. Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/Jakethered_game
    [link] [comments]

    If you are waiting in queue read some lore!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel