• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 6, 2020

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - September 06, 2020

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - September 06, 2020


    Seedy Sunday - September 06, 2020

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Have you found or are looking for a good or interesting seed to use?

    If you're sharing a seed please use something similar to this format for others to easily find what they might be looking for

    Game version (A15/16/17/etc):

    Map size:

    Seed:

    Map Coordinates:

    Features/POI's to look out for:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone still on console try "smoke break" on random gen.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    smoke break

    No caps just the space. Has a ton of towns, at least one per biome and at least one hub city. Can post a reasonably detailed map if anyone wants it but you can't drive more than 10 mins from any town before you get to another town.

    submitted by /u/evol1994
    [link] [comments]

    How to sustainably get food?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Im a complete newbie and just bought the Game yesterday. I've read many threads where people say „just loot POI's" or „do burried supplies" but this doesn't give me enough food. I always end up starving after 5-6 days...

    Now I thought of getting a farm going with farm plots for corn or potatoes.

    Is this the best way or are there more efficient ways of getting food from a renewable source?

    submitted by /u/Johannes8
    [link] [comments]

    Console hopes go brrrrrr

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Is it no longer possible to make a renewable farm in 7d2d? Or what am I doing wrong here?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    So I just started playing again after a few years away, and I've noticed some significant changes to the farming system. I read up on how to farm online and from what I'm understanding, even with my skills maxxed out, it takes 5 of a crop to make 1 seed and I can only ever harvest 3 of that crop in the end. I just used 5 potatoes to make 1 seed and harvested it for 2 potatoes... Is this how farming is supposed to be now?

    submitted by /u/Mechlai
    [link] [comments]

    When things just don't go you way. (Friend of mine)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Camera bug?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    So, I just started up a world and I've noticed something. Whenever I get hit by a zombie my camera locks in place. I'm no longer able to moise look left or right, I can only move back and forth or strafe left and right, but when I strafe my camera seems to slowly sink into the ground. Is this a known bug, and if so is there anything I can do to fix it?

    Edited for more info.

    submitted by /u/Khamul_Nazgul
    [link] [comments]

    Self promotion: 7 days to die story line approach

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Hi all.

    I'm creating my own interpretation of the story line of the game.

    I have researched the game via the GamePedia and wiki links. I have created a video trailer for my series. Please check the video out and share with your friends if you enjoy it and want to see more. In the weeks to come, I will be sharing the 1st episode.

    Note: I am not claiming this is the direction of the game and where it's heading. This is my own interpretation on it.

    https://youtu.be/O-UN3kOHpzE

    submitted by /u/Dawn-Of-Kaos-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Murica

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Anyone know where to find the flags on creative? Took a military base with a blunderbuss. I want my flag back!

    submitted by /u/Hediditinhishead
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! I can't load into any generated worlds. I'm stuck with pregens.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    I have tried fresh installs, specifically deleting all saves and folders. Same thing every time I try to play. I tried using Nitrogen and got the same error in the cmd prompt of the game.

    "ioexception sharing violation on path"

    I don't know what to do at this point. The game is getting too familiar and I need a random world to work. I've googled and found nothing. This was an issue in A18 and I thought swapping to A19 might change something, but no luck.

    submitted by /u/ranomaly
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find bouncing exclamation mark to start quest?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    The problem I was having was that sometimes they were not visible. It was only with certain POI's (probably from compopack) and the solution that I came across by accident was to exit to the main menu, then choose continue game, then the exclamation mark would be visible. Hope this helps someone.

    submitted by /u/MeesterGone
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions: steel club or baseball bat?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    They seem almost too similar, aside from the club requiring more stamina (according to the wiki... you know how that is).

    Any real, ingame differences that you can see, or is the baseball bat just slightly better?

    submitted by /u/TychoBrandt
    [link] [comments]

    How do I share a land claim block with my friend so we can both build inside one base?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Anyone else get startled by a Trader?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Candle flame bug

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    A19 (b180)

    Was recently building around my base and I put some candles down in a cave I dug. After the build I put all my building materials away and noticed the flame from the candle was still visible on screen. The flame is still visible on every slot of the tool belt and glows like I'm holding a candle, even though I have no candles on tool belt or in backpack.

    Anyone encountered this bug, or know how to fix? So far I've reloaded the game, and that did not work.

    submitted by /u/shaggy_psilocybin
    [link] [comments]

    Any good guides or you tubers to check out?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Just bought this game Friday and I am loving the crap out of it, but I feel like I'm not progressing fast enough before the first blood moon? Should I focus on grinding quests at the beginning? Should I just try to find a house to hunker down in and set up defenses for?

    submitted by /u/Dyyrin
    [link] [comments]

    Nitrogen

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    If I use nitrogen for a local multiplayer game do my room mates have to also get the mod?

    submitted by /u/Theblackswordsman87
    [link] [comments]

    How to host multiple dedicated servers from the same machine?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    Anyone have a guide to running multiple dedicated servers from the same machine? I have a single instance running but haven't been able to figure out how to get a second one running at the same time.

    submitted by /u/e1esdee
    [link] [comments]

    Random gen Alpha 19?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hello folks, it's been awhile since I've played 7 days, and I just had a quick question about some of the new stuff they've added. I see a lot of it has been added to Navezgane, but I was wondering if the things they've added could be randomly found through random gen maps as well? I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on too much if I do a random gen.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Khamul_Nazgul
    [link] [comments]

    looking for people to play 7 days to die

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    I'm new to the game but have nobody to play it with. Looking for anyone down to play. It does not matter if your new we can play. Pc players

    submitted by /u/Sir-Natural
    [link] [comments]

    Working on diagnosing server lag issues on most recent stable release.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    Hey guys.

    I'm working on an interesting issue regarding server lag at the moment. Server can hover around 5-10 members when it happens and it seems to focus around people opening boxes, or connecting/disconnecting to the server.

    As an example, when one client connects the output.log gets absolutely spammed

    sdtdserver@sdtdserver:~/log/server$ grep 'Received package from an unconnected client' output_log__2020-09-06__23-14-14.txt | wc -l 131451

    Additionally, if I monitor bandwidth it's clear to see that network activity spikes when boxes are opened, which tbh is expected. However there's plenty of bandwidth available and players start noticing longer and longer times before the contents of the chests are displayed.

    I've worked with the config option "ServerMaxWorldTransferSpeedKiBs" which looks to max out at 1300kbps, however the lag starts before it even reaches this speed.

    There's more than enough CPU/memory reserved, IO isn't an issue or anything like that. The actual VM itself is running fine.


    I can't for the life of me see what's actually causing this to happen. Does anyone have similar experiences or maybe any tips on things to try?

    edit; I should add - this SUDDENLY started happening, everything was rosy for the first 40ish days and then boom, out of nowhere. Literally happened today, so no patches or anything.

    Is it maybe a new bug introduced on the current build?

    Thanks in advance for your time guys!

    submitted by /u/jamiew0w
    [link] [comments]

    Question about durability mechanics and day 7

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    So I just built a small shelter on night 21 on top of a church steeple roof and as soon as midnight hit, 60% of my shelter seemed to auto decay, leaving walls gone and the roof gone. I tried to rebuild my 4x4 structure of reinforced wood blocks but a minute later it just fell apart. Even as I type this, more of my supports are falling apart around me... no zombies around me at all, and the church itself seems fine. What am I doing wrong here?

    submitted by /u/Mechlai
    [link] [comments]

    My 2 hour livestream from this past week! (Sorry for the poor quality, I'm surprised my connection lasted for 2 hours!)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel