• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 20, 2020

    7 Days To Die Alpha A19.2 Stable is out!

    7 Days To Die Alpha A19.2 Stable is out!


    Alpha A19.2 Stable is out!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    Alpha A19.2 Stable is out! Along with some great fixes we enabled Steel Series's game sense feature, allowing Steel Series Mouse and keyboard users to have some ingame events tied to their hardware LED lights.

    Official Forum Post https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/22234-a192-stable/

    Game Sense Features include (default settings): Time Progression: F1-F12 Ammo: 1-0 Health: Q-P Bloodmoon Warning: A-L Visibility Meter: CTRL – ~ Tool / Weapon Durability: Num – – Player Facing Direction: numpad 1-9 Bleeding: Del-Pause Being Hit: Mouse Duke Amount: Display

    Changelog A19.2 b4

    Added Console command "ai pathgrid"

    Console command "gfx dti" to set distant terrain instancing

    Console command "gfx dtpix" to set distant terrain pixel error

    Trees are set to consistent LOD transition values by code

    Support for Steel Series SDK

    We also updated to a new version of microsplat, improving performance.

    Changed

    Renamed console command "ai path" to "ai pathlines"

    Optimized path grid move buffer copy

    Optimized path grid block checks and misc

    Reduced the effect of High and Ultra Object Quality settings

    Deleted WaterDepthRecorder that reduced FPS a bit

    Updated terrain shaders

    Improved terrain shader settings for better performance

    Prefab editor to use same tree LOD bias as game

    Our custom speed tree shader to Alpha Test queue

    Fixed

    Trees are not rotated correctly on the diagonal directions

    Desert terrain normal textures not set as normals

    FirMed01 tree popping in oddly

    Two trees not instancing

    8 block entities not instance rendering

    You could see under the water plane when camera was close to it

    Unlit explosives can explode in hand after throwing a lit one

    Electric fence wires drop to the bottom of the pole after unloading the chunk or FO point.

    submitted by /u/dafuki
    [link] [comments]

    Wow, those 3080 graphics are something else

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Saw the Geisel Library on r/brutalism and thought it would be a cool home base to go back to. Made with as much in-game resources as possible, and a few creative elements - now all I need to do is decorate!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    This school shower is very unethical...

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    There is nothing more tragic than clearing a HUGE POI and finding shamway crates...

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    None of that is going into MY body!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    That moment GTX Doesn't let you update your server for some reason.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    We died. Again.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    So, the GF and I are still pretty new to the game. We've had a few worlds now. We are playing with a rule that random deaths don't matter since we can 'recover' each other during the normal day to day activities but a death on a bloodmoon means you can't respawn at your bed until 4am and if we both die, it means we start over.

    So, last night we had to start over :P Day 21 horde got us. For 7 and 14, we camped out on top of the giant brick theater and had no issues but it was obvious the thing was gonna get wrecked if it went through another cowering session. So, we wanted to try to do a kill base. We'd had some success with a big concrete bunker but this run was being a prick with ammo/guns. So I figured I'd try out a vedui wizards tower style build.

    I built it somewhat close to our base and the first time we got a screamer I gave her a driveby to get a baby horde and ran up the tower to test it out. It seemed to work fine, they all circled around slowly filtering up to me where I could pop em one by one as they rounded the corner and the robo sledge I'd put at the top yeeted a lot of them off before they even got to me and they'd just cycle back up again.

    Fast forward to horde night... holy fails batman. The first few came up like I'd expect, knocked a few off, was picking them off from the sides with my limited shotgun ammo.... but it seemed like there weren't that many zombies. Then I heard a block break.

    I ran down a little bit and sure enough they'd busted one block out of the little jumping path I made for them and it was now impassable as far as they were concerned and they had started demolishing one entire corner of the tower. It was going to come down soon.

    Then... out of nowhere, my GF got launched off the top of the tower into the field. I'm assuming the sledge got her. I know if I'm holding it, I can bounce her across the room, I didn't know if it was placed it could hit her as well. It's the only thing we can think of.

    Being the heroic man in her life, I ran to her rescue and promptly died at her feet while reloading my double barrel. She spent the next few minutes backpedaling and punching zombies in the head, yelling something about "Hey Gandalf, fuck your tower". I assume it was the infection that had gone to her brain... but just to punctuate her disappointment with my build, she backpedaled directly into the tower, got stuck between 2 blocks where they'd broken it up, and got mauled to death.

    So, we start anew... and I still don't know how we're going to deal with the bloodmoon.

    submitted by /u/SteamMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    A detailed guide on how to fix a bug that causes players to be unable to interact with containers.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    A detailed guide on how to fix a bug that causes players to be unable to interact with containers.

    EXPLANATION

    Today while playing on a server with a couple of mates we've run into a common bug, which caused one of my friends to be unable to access any type of inventory or interactable object.

    Unable to find any solution online I decided to try to fix it myself and I pretty much managed to pinpoint the problem and what might be causing it.

    DISCLAIMER

    I only know one programming language which is HTML and everything you're about to read might be as well just an assumption on how this works.

    Cause of the problem.

    From what I understand this bug occurs when a player is in the middle of an interaction, most of the interactions with items have a timer that is predefined in the game files.

    If this interaction is interrupted in any way, the game thinks that the player is still in the timer of the interaction, which causes the player to be unable to interact with anything.

    Now, here are some things that might cause the bug to occur :

    - An abrupt closure of the server.

    - Server lag.

    - Player lag / High ping.

    - Abrupt death while interacting.

    How to fix the bug.

    1. First of all, you need to identify what item the player was interacting with, this will tell us which one of the timers the player is stuck in.
    2. Close the game and navigate to the location of the save files of the game precisely into the folder that contains all the config files, this folder is called ConfigsDump, this folder is located inside %appdata% and then inside the main game folder.
    3. Locate the file called loot.xml and open it with a text editor.
    4. Locate the string which contains the item the player was interacting with by using the search function or simply f3, for this guide, I will use the "army truck" entity, here's what you will see :

    https://preview.redd.it/ob8g6g4olcu51.png?width=1100&format=png&auto=webp&s=d98c5b80ac4cc1190c6a02ef5712bdf5b275e30a

    1. Locate the specific command which defines the time required to open the container/Entity, the specific line is "open_time = "4", in this case, the line tells us that the game makes the player wait 4 seconds before the entities inventory can be opened.

    2. Change the value inside the double quotes from 4 to 0, in some cases the value might be with a dot after the number like this :

    "open_time = "4.1"

    in this case, just change it to 0.0.

    1. Save the XML file you just edited and the problem is solved.

    2. After you've hosted the server again and the player is unstuck, close it back down and change the value you just changed to the original one.

    Thank you for your time and I hope this guide is comprehensive enough.

    submitted by /u/Nofac3guy
    [link] [comments]

    Pc optimization

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I'm currently at work and are wondering how do I make 7 days run smoother/better on my pc? I don't have the best pc, it's an all in one with 8gigs of ram. What settings/things I can do to my pc to make it run better? Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/shittyred
    [link] [comments]

    How does fix church holes?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - October 20, 2020

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, I'm a Modder who wants to mod Seven days, Any Advice

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Hello, I am a Modder who just learned all of C# and I'd like to do a project in 7 days, does anyone have any advice?

    submitted by /u/BatFox__
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha A19.2 not showing up on steam Beta Tab

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Friend spawn close at start of game?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    When my friend joins my game, will they spawn close to me?

    submitted by /u/joshbmarimba
    [link] [comments]

    Love the game , but it is very stressful

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    I survived my 28th day recently and I just love this game , but I just so stressed out about next blood moon. So here is my questions how do you plan your days until next horde and how do you keep calm while playing the game?

    submitted by /u/Mistake130120
    [link] [comments]

    Heat Map is still a thing?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Title - because when I press the F# button I only see my FPS, not the heat map anymore. So do my furnase still bring zombie?

    Thanks folks for awnser

    submitted by /u/Meme-Survivor
    [link] [comments]

    So many animals

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Took a break from the game for a while and came back.

    Holy shit. there are too many animals. I've been killed by animals over three times more than zombies. I thought I was playing a zombie survival game but i guess i was mistaken. Is there anyway to reduce the enemy animal spawns?

    submitted by /u/DDDDax
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to kill a bear with day one weapons be like . . .

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Why do lead batteries have a quality?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Do the affect vehicles such as the gyrocopter? I can't seem to figure out how to switch out parts like I could on console. If you use a lower level car battery are you just permanently stuck with it in the vehicle or does it not make a difference? I can't find anything on it.

    submitted by /u/LaughDarkLoud
    [link] [comments]

    Does the game put you in a safe area if you die a lot during a blood moon?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    Last blood moon was rough. We had our first destroyer and he came at about 2201 and took out everything. Like an idiot I put all of our bullets in the hoard fort (this fort has been OP so I didn't plan on dying) so when I respawned I had no bullets. I died probably about 5 times in a row and then the game put me on a hill in the desert. I could hear dogs trying to get to me but otherwise I was safe; I just waited it out. The crazy thing is my bedroll is way up north in the forest. I have no bedrolls in the desert.

    Did the game have mercy on me?

    Edit: my bedroll was not destroyed. We keep them in a remote location, which led to the whole no ammo thing.

    submitted by /u/exploooooosions
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel