• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 29, 2020

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - October 29, 2020

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - October 29, 2020


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - October 29, 2020

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Doggies want to be pet

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    How it started/How its going

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Reasons I think the new clothing system will suck

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Disclaimer. Love the game, play over 100hrs each alpha, but this clothing system just looks so dumb, so wasteful, and makes a lot of their development time to date wasted on all previous clothing changes. It me just makes it seem like TFP is struggling on how to advance, so they are just changing something instead of doing nothing while brainstorming.

    First off, you worked so hard in the past few alphas changing all this clothing, adding dyes, mods, and more. Stop changing things you just spent years working on that I haven't seen been discussed as an issue, TFP. Keep the armor, I shouldn't HAVE to wear non-beneficial class clothes just to be welled armored.

    My biggest fear is this means the skill system is going to be completely revamped.... again. If not, someone needs to be fired or re-trained on the games mechanics because there are perks in these cloth system that don't fit with what is currently in those attributes. fortitude is farming, and they specialize is machine guns, not rifles. Scavengers are currently perception, so why are they getting harvest bonuses that the strength builds need? Scavs have no stamina with heavier tools either.

    Now for the clothing itself. It seems very detrimental.

    Nerd:

    Now it's pushing you to carry schematics you need to read back to your base (especially earlier on) to get the additional exp instead of reading them on the fly like I am sure everyone does. Also... why does the NERD get fall reduction and not the nomad/scavenger. That's currently a great heist skill that heavily sits with perception character builds. Nerd is INT- aka better barter- yet the Nomad has his skill?

    Farmer/Miner/Lumber jack:

    Huge waste of time because now instead of running around outside harvesting my plants, cutting trees down, and breaking rocks at the earlier stages I have to harvest, run inside, change, cut trees, run inside, change, break rocks, and repeat. I don't want to have all these different outfits that waste pointless time. Also, lumber jack is a biome restricted outfit kind of. Burnt forest has tons of trees, why can't it have the perks? The idea of having to travel to certain biomes to benefit from your clothing bonus seems weird, especially with your plans to boost EXP in tougher biomes. For the miner, weird ideas for boosts as well, steel toe boots DO NOT keep you warm, they freeze your feet, and definitely do not make landings easier. Why is the miner a str based build when scavenger has the general harvest bonus? Make the miner and lumberjack one dude.

    Nomad:

    pretty neat, but kind of looks too spread out between attributes or very heavily single player based design. as stated above, he has int, str, and perception skills. He seems to spread out for one of two heavy armors.

    Farmer:

    Seems to be the most useless clothing minus a 5-10 minute window every couple days when your farm has matured, and honestly what is the point to a sprinting in grass perk? It seems like they realized the clothing class was useless, and just gave it something random instead of admitting it should be scraped.

    Lastly, It's very well known cosmetics is a big deal in games now, so why look someone into a generic, can't change outfit that I haven't heard anyone ask for. add the outfits in the game, that's it. Don't strip everything you'd spent money on that no one hates. If anything, reduce the requirement for hauling around 50 different parts to build things considering you made everything fixed by repair kits for the same reason, avoid hauling tons of different stuff around. NOW! you're reversing that by making us carry multiple outfits around based on what we are planning to do on an outing. I think it's dumb having to drive around in a farmer's outfit looking for farm POIs/gardens.

    end rant. Hopefully they scrap this, or seriously improve it before they waste a bunch of time implementing it. I don't see many people being happy about this. They keep reducing the need to carry some many items only to add in new pointless things to case us to carry more around.

    submitted by /u/Cerebral23ad
    [link] [comments]

    New outfits in Alpha 20

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    PSA: Glass is bad for you.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Only found out today that if you are holding broken glass in your hand you can eat it. And then you bleed to death pretty quickly. So be sure not to left click with glass in your hand.

    submitted by /u/O-BEAST05
    [link] [comments]

    TFP A20 Dev Talk Series 1

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    The Boogie Man Of 7 Days

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Please Help - server offline production stopped

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    All production stops when no one is in the server. On previous Alpha/ server we played on we would be able to queue cement or forged iron ect and log off and log back in the next day and everything we queued would be finished while the server is still up. Now when no one is on the server all production stops. I checked on forums, 7 days to die server settings ect and could't find anything. Does anyone know how to enable production when no one is online in the server?

    submitted by /u/candicelain
    [link] [comments]

    Help... I can't unscrew my game.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    So, when I first started playing I wanted to play around with skills so I edited the progression.xml to give 2sp per level.

    I've since decided I want to go back on that. I went back and edited it back to 1, but I'm still getting 2 per level even in a brand new game, brand new map. I did the verify files thing with steam, thinking that might force it back to default, but... nada.

    I'm running some mods but none of them touch progression.xml as far as I can tell.

    Is it somehow linked to my player profile?

    I'd really like to undo this change without having to do a fresh install if at all possible. Any tips appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SteamMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha 19 server requirements

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    I've hosted my own server since the A14 days, but briefly took a break shortly after A18 came out. I was thinking about setting up a server for myself and some friends for Halloween this year, and I wanted to really crank the dial up on how many zombies and wildlife spawns there are. Unfortunately, I cannot find any up to date posts that say what the minimum or recommended hardware requirements were for a server. I know for a FACT that the current "core 2 duo, windows 7, 8 gigs of ram" are simply not enough for a basic server any more, as those suggestions were already outdated back with A16. I don't care so much about OS, I've run on Centos 7 the entire time. I just want to know what the actual hardware requirements are these days.

    I have plenty of decent hardware that can easily run an A19 server, I was just wondering if there was ANYWHERE I can find an actual "you need X to run this" post? If not, I'll have to make one myself...

    submitted by /u/chungus_squad
    [link] [comments]

    Made a sledge turret horde base that wont hit demo buttons

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Tilly Castlemania Halloween Special Cinematic P1 (Castlevania Inspired b...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Sledgehammer or Club?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    I always play with sledgehammer but people always say clubs are better. So which one is actually better and why?

    submitted by /u/OnlinePrd
    [link] [comments]

    Need People For New World

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I've posted on this subreddit a couple times before and made some good friends but could never really get a dedicated grind going. I would like to try and getting a new world started up and I would need a couple people for it.

    I prefer to play on "nomad" difficulty, 150 XP%, air drops marked and jog during day. I also really like to immerse myself and aim for a "no death" playthrough. The challenge of valuing your life can be really fun imo!

    If anyone is interested please message me and let's get started!

    submitted by /u/PatTheWraith
    [link] [comments]

    Server admins: I host a server on a PC on my LAN. I need to move it to another PC. What files must I back up so that I do not lose my groups progress?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/chrisv25
    [link] [comments]

    What version is the game in on Xbox One and what's the difference between Random Gen and Nazegane?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    Is console really a few updates behind compared to PC? I've watched gameplay videos and see building and animals that I've never seen before.

    I try but can't seem to understand the difference between Random Gen and Nazegane(Navegane). Can someone explain it to me?

    submitted by /u/Jessy270
    [link] [comments]

    plz help

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    PC: ok so my half my base just collapsed, which definitely should not of happened, I think it was something to do with my travelling towards my base at top speed, which may of screwed up the physics of my base when it was loading in. Anyway, what I want to know is how do I go back a save, and before you say it, no i did not make a backup, yes I'm an idiot and yes I will make backups from now on.

    submitted by /u/goldengate7
    [link] [comments]

    Mod Launcher Issues?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    So, yesterday on the mod launcher was WotW and darkness falls, today they are both gone. Anyone know anything that might have happened?

    submitted by /u/Painfulprawna1
    [link] [comments]

    Navazgane map with grid locations?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Does anyone have a updated map with grid chunks for Navazgane? I have found old ones and want to reset parts of the map but keep my base. Thanks in advance for any help. Example of old one I found https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/grimreefer24601/map2_zps008e89c3.jpg

    submitted by /u/iterable
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for group PS4. 7 Days Drinking Game!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Just thought this would make a fun survival. And a hilarious way to make new friends. Anyone wanting to join does not have to drink. But if you are willing to participate le rules are below.

    You Die= Shot Every 7th Day=Shot Complete the first thing to find the trader=shot Find a different trader=shot Discover new biome=shot Kill a dog=Shot Break open a safe (2500)= shot Finding a gun in a toilet=Shot Find or receive any handgun or rifle=shot Find or receive any melee weapon i.e. sledgehammers etc= shot Find a wrench= shot Find blueberries=Shot Find or recieve honey=shot Find or receive med kit or antibiotics or vitamins=shot Kill any animal=Shot Build a Furnace=Shot Build a bicycle=shot Build a ATV=shot Every 50 zombies killed=shot

    Oh and there is a mandatory entry shot.

    submitted by /u/MightyPainGaming
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel