• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - October 25, 2020

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - October 25, 2020


    Seedy Sunday - October 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Have you found or are looking for a good or interesting seed to use?

    If you're sharing a seed please use something similar to this format for others to easily find what they might be looking for

    Game version (A15/16/17/etc):

    Map size:

    Seed:

    Map Coordinates:

    Features/POI's to look out for:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Finally I can see without torches.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Building a base in a POI with an even number of tiles

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Saw this today. Even matches the current in game naming theme.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    I invite you to kill me 232 times.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game since its Kickstarter days. To date, 2104.1 hours. However, I play very conservatively and solo. I hate dying. I have only 18 deaths so far. I'm looking to complete the "Alexander the Great" and "Meet Your Maker" achievements, so I need some help. I'm looking for another player in a similar situation. If we can help each other, I will kill you 250 times if you kill me 232 times. I can take care of the remaining 250 deaths myself.

    Let's kill each other.

    submitted by /u/ThePixelMines
    [link] [comments]

    Update from my last post: So we had our horde night and it went bad lol. The Zeds automatically went for the hatch instead of taking the ramp and the birds were attacking at the ground to try to get to us. Then they broke the hatch and started flooding down the ladder and you know what happened next

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Ran our first event for Halloween, was a great success!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Ran our first event for Halloween, was a great success!

    This is a small excerpt from the event we just ran tonight for Halloween. Had the day set to 0 with max time per day. It gave a fun permanent night and a theme to save the princess from her tower, guarded by her menagerie of animals and guards. Tunnels with trapped rooms, built at bedrock level. A safe room for bedrolls. A catwalk maze with pitfall traps. A witches trap locked room, filled with 'potions' to eat and drink before a wave of zombie bears. A final treasure room with Trader Jen spawned in, and rewards for the adventurers.

    Wanted to share, can add more photos, just let me know!

    Edited with photos

    https://preview.redd.it/9vt35c32zcv51.jpg?width=1151&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6d94a6dfdd6a1a584f748c44d22260513d8ee553

    https://preview.redd.it/pzt27yr1xcv51.png?width=1251&format=png&auto=webp&s=8de22f6fa974e9768c732e34ccfbf541e1460df8

    submitted by /u/Moosu
    [link] [comments]

    Ravenhearst 7.0 just disappeared from my mod launcher, why???

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    I'm using the standard 7D2D Mod Launcher everyone seems to use.

    I am in the Alpha 19 version

    I go to Ravenhearst and I see 2 versions: Ravenhearst 7_0 and Ravenhearst 7_1.

    Ravenhearst 7.0 is what I have been playing on my desktop. 7.1 makes my computer go haywire, unlimited errors in the console window and so forth. I want to play 7.0, which is no problem on my desktop.

    I try to add it to my laptop so my girlfriend can play with me, and I accidentally install 7.1, doesn't work. No big deal, I go back to install 7.0 and... ... it's gone. It's completely gone from the list. It was just there a few minutes ago. Now it's disappeared!

    I told it to update the mod launcher, I've told it to load the default mods, I've uninstalled the mod launcher, I've even uninstalled 7D2D from steam and reinstalled everything. Ravenhearst 7_0 won't come back, I've been at it for hours. Ravenhearst 7_0 has just completely disappeared from existence. I've tried to install it manually also using the link on GitHub with no luck.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/tazz2500
    [link] [comments]

    Easier way to get steel tools?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Just noticed you can't make steel tools anymore without schematics. Does this mean there's no way to get them other than schemaitcs, trader and looting? I would prefer to be able to unlock the ability through levels if possible. If not I'm stuck with iron tools until I slowly build a collection of steel schematics.

    submitted by /u/TheCookieFiles
    [link] [comments]

    I might be slow...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    So I have seen a few people mention you can craft turret ammo, sell it to the trader for dukes, and smelt the dukes for bullet casing.

    Cool. I take a bunch of Iron, make boxes of robotic turret ammo, run to the trader, and am really disappointed with the couple hundred dukes I get for the box of ammo.

    This seems like WAY too much work for a few dukes. That was a lot of mining.

    So, I stop that nonsense. I've been able to keep up with ammo production just using loot. Repair, mod, and sell. It's a hassle, but it works.

    I am running more forges these days, so the screaming bitches keep coming to be front door. I decide to place a couple of junk turrets at the entrance. I open a box of ammo, load the turrets, and I'm good to go.

    So I happen to have the turret ammo on me when I run to the trader. Lo and behold, the ammo is worth about 10x as much when you sell loose ammo vs boxed.

    Time to smelt some dukes!

    TIL not to sell boxes of ammo.

    submitted by /u/Steelspy
    [link] [comments]

    Returning to the game after years away with some questions

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    So I haven't really touched the game in years (~3.5 or so), but the combination of spoopy season, lots of time at home, and some old lets play videos randomly showing up in my YT suggestions has spawned an itch to play. With that said, its my understanding that much has changed with the game so I'm hoping for some advice before I throw myself to the zombies.

    First, I'm wondering if Navezgane is still the best option for world map or if the random generation has finally come into its own? When I last played, random gen was an option, but it would often result in really terrible maps that were nearly unplayable due to lack of various resources and spotty POI generation. On the other hand, Navezgane suffered from being relatively small and predictable thanks to it being a fixed map. So the question really boils down to whether I should just go with the default map or if I should make a point to use a random map? Also relating to this, I noticed that there are several "pregen" maps. Are these just random gen maps that have been vetted by the devs to be good options for play, or are they a different form of map from the others?

    The next question I have relates to the skill system as I understand its had at least one, and possibly several, overhauls since I've last used it. Specifically here I'm curious if there are enough skill points for a single person to have all of the skills / perks, or if they are limited and you have to plan out your build more carefully? The reason this is very important to me is that I exclusively play single player and I'd hate to get several days / weeks into a playthrough, only to find that I can't get a critical QoL skill because I don't have enough skill points left to me. Additionally, after some reading, it sounds like the only way to advance your skills is to kill zombies instead of the old method of doing an activity to increase your skill in that activity. Is this true, or are there other ways to advance your skills?

    The final questions relate to single player settings. From by initial searching, it seems that the actual mode for single player has been eliminated and in order to reach single player mode, you just have to set the number of players to 1. The question however is whether there are any other critical (or at least important for QoL) settings I have to ensure are set to play single player in the new system. From what I can tell / remember there are quite a few new settings to worry about and I'm not entirely sure how each would affect a single player game (i.e. persistent profiles or any of the multiplayer settings), so I want to ensure I get it right. Finally, I'm curious about the stability of the game's save files these days. When I played years ago, I had to resort to making hourly backups of the world / save files as it would crash / corrupt often enough that I felt it was the only way to prevent myself from losing hours of gameplay. Is this still something I'll have to worry about, or has game stability improved enough to allow me to forego this?

    Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone willing to help guide me here and I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

    submitted by /u/Spaced-Invader
    [link] [comments]

    Horde night, how hard does the 7th day scale with more people?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    So I've got 3 playthrough a going.

    1# - Duo with roommate, day 80ish, level 100ish.

    2# - 3 man with another friend, day 60, level 30-40. (50% exp run)

    3# - 4 man with roommate and two different friends. Day 15, level 20.

    So, #1 and #2 we have some demolishers that show up at the start, but even on playthrough #1, we don't see many army zombies. We saw a couple spawn at the end of the night, but it was mainly regular zeds, fatties, a couple of ferals, and an occasional bird. Play #2 has yet to see any military or biker zombies in horde night. We've only had demolishers in the first wave then that's it. Play #3 we just had our asses kicked. We had 3 AKs, a level 5 pistol, hunting rifles, and some decent stuff. The very first zombie spawn was a military zombie. This was the biggest horde night I've seen and it just never ended. We had a new wave spawn right before day break.

    We run no mods, only changing skill ranks per level in the first two playthrough to get a better idea of skills. All other options are default except for marking air drops, which is on for every playthrough.

    Why is there such a massive difference between these runs? We don't have any advanced tech yet, we are still using mostly stone tools and no one has a gun past the basic tier.

    submitted by /u/Sorry_Sleeping
    [link] [comments]

    Damn those towns take a long time to generate

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    "generation took 39 minutes 40 seconds" This game is fantastic but hot damn dude if a brand new player started a game thinking "oo minecraft with better zombies" & it took an hour to load into a new world it'd kinda make a bad impression. (especially since it doesn't load you in paused either so you have to watch it) This might be my bad memory but I remember you having to "press a button" when it was done loading, that would be a nice little touch for the devs to integrate.

    submitted by /u/Foodyme
    [link] [comments]

    Change weather in xml file

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I've had an idea for a play-through where the whole map is a snow biome and it's always a white-out blizzard outside resulting in extreme cold survival and low visibility.

    I've been playing around with the biomes.xml in order to make it always be snowing in the snow biomes. However I just can't seem to get it to work. I can get it to the point where it's either always raining or snowing, but not just purely snowing.

    Can anyone help me with this?

    submitted by /u/kiyemanna
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness Falls trader bug

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    Has anybody come across a bug with the traders while trying to sell a lot of things while playing on a multiplayer map specifically Darkness Falls small one or two, every time that we try to sell a large amount of things to the trader we get desynced from the game and have to log out and log back in and then nothing has been sold.

    submitted by /u/Geek_Viking
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha 19 question?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if the underwater bases from alpha 18 still work with alpha 19 or if there is a new better design?

    submitted by /u/Imghk1447
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why Navezgane has snow in the forest biome? Is there now seasons or did I run into a bug?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Help with Ghost blocks

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I ran into a ghost block problem that you can go through and its very glitchy. If anyone knows how to fix this pls help

    submitted by /u/RawaTooThicc
    [link] [comments]

    Game stage and auger/chainsaw

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    At which game stage should me and my buddy be able to find the auger schematic (a19.2). We have been having a blast, but mining the loads of resources needed can sometimes be a pain.

    Edit: Also does it matter that we play together in a party, does that affect the game stage at all?

    submitted by /u/bovenba-a-s
    [link] [comments]

    Quad Pillar Build - Ultra Durable & Cheap AF

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Game force reset resolution A18.4

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    I really need help guys. I'm playing this on the lowest setting possible at 800x600 to get that sweet 40-30 fps, play on laptop because i don't have NASA rig.

    The game keep resetting to default resolution 1366x768 every minute and every time i reset it back to my preferable resolution, after a while the game force reset again. Default resolution give me 10-15 fps which unplayable.

    Sometimes yesterday gameplay was ok, had only one forced resolution reset but everything else fine. Now it keep happening every now and then. It's so annoying I don't know what to do and it's totally ruins my day. I just want go home from work and play games....

    Is there a way to force the game at certain resolution so it never bother me again. I had try Unity but same keep reset itself too.

    submitted by /u/Roy-12
    [link] [comments]

    Got sick of dealing with poorly managed PvP servers, so I made my own.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Server name: PVP Boosted XP Loot StillAlive

    Server IP 136.37.7.170

    Games Port: 17123

    Vanilla Game. No mods but 1 UI mod.

    Runs smooth. No Lag. Good PvP setting. We are open to suggestions to improve the server.

    submitted by /u/SoloSystems
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel