• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - October 27, 2020

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - October 27, 2020


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - October 27, 2020

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best eye joke get an award!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    They're stylish, just admit it

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    Insanity permadeath without quests/money: made it to day 58 then I went mining during the day.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Level 65, game stage (after death) 144. Never spoke with any trader or used money, just pure house to house, town to town raids. Was doing factories at night and horde nights with no problems whatsoever, so assumed I was unkillable (full lvl 6 steel armor, two m60s, autoshotgun).

    Then I finished the mining almanacs, never knew about the 20% chance to one-shot perk. Got pretty carried away trying it out, had 26k minerals on me from one huge mine. When I went to leave, I finally noticed how massive the chasm was I created, and my ladder was way up high. Added a few more steps to it while hearing a screamer and footsteps/digging on the surface, then the whole ladder collapsed. Then zombies starting falling in, just a few at a time at first, then suddenly a constant, endless stream of green fat/spider/soldier zombies. Went through both M60 drum clips then my autoshotgun clip, then they completely surrounded me and I couldn't move. So OF ALL places to end my 61-hour hardcore run, it was while mining during the day. Fucking unreal!

    I'll be back in a few patches probably....until then, mine GRADUALLY, keep your ladder going, and don't ignore screamers for several mins if they're above you :)

    submitted by /u/Chipotle_is_my_wife
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my base (XBOX 1)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    My kid's milk carton has a feature request: Allow us to make jars of water at a chem station with cactus/empty jar.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Ever feel you're walking through life like its a never ending horde night you're unprepared for?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Playing a prank on Dr Jeff oops lmao looks like you have visitors

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Different gamestage for the same person in multiplayer?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    My friend has my gamestage as 106 and I have it as 99 in our two player game. Which one is my actual gamestage? And we both have the same number for him, so I am the only one who shows up different between the two of us. There is always a 7 point difference between my shown game stage for the two of us, and it has been this way for at least 10 hours.

    submitted by /u/SkyGuy1011
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Prison POI have loot? Am I missing something? Is the building itself the loot? Sounds like a coming of age 80's movie.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Worth Playing CoOp in 2020?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    • I haven't touched the game since 2018
    • I have 2.4 hours invested total
    • I got bored w/ my bud (just stayed in a building until dawn, quit the game and never returned)

    I saw a recent screenshot of the game and wtf, the graphics look legit?! When I played, it was Minecraft-esque graphics which turned me away. My wife and I enjoyed Don't Starve Together, the Forest, Green Hell, and L4D2, hoping returning to 7DaystoDie can rekindle our CoOp sessions. How deep is the game? Out of those games, I loved Don't Starve Together the most because there was so much "under the surface" and it didn't hand hold you.

    It's on sale at GMG, so I'd pick up a cheap copy on my wife's PC. She doesn't have a GPU (she has a Ryzen 3200g w/ Radeon Vega 8 Graphics), so I'm hoping she can run 1080p @ 60fps?

    submitted by /u/baechanka
    [link] [comments]

    Stone Mining Wierdness

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    Me and a friend have been playing a game for a while and he just recdntly maxed out his miner 69er perk. With a level 6 steel pickaxe he can 2 shot stone but with the same pickaxe and same perks i can only 3 shot it. Does anyone know what the problem would be? I'd really appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/Brianghost258
    [link] [comments]

    Demolition Zed block damage test

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Just bought the game and want to know some tips.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Hi, I just bought the game on xbox and want to ask for some tips. Heard about this game through a friend and I've been playing a lot of State of decay 2 and want another zombie game. I just want a few basic tips and tricks as I'll be getting explaining from my friend.

    submitted by /u/IHave_BloodPlague_
    [link] [comments]

    Other players can't see your arrows and spears after they are shot/thrown.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Playing the game on co-op and I kept hearing my team mates trying to point out the arrows and spears that that shot into zombie and we realized that they are invisible to anyone but the owner of the ammunition. It's the little things that disappoint.

    submitted by /u/KDozer242
    [link] [comments]

    The Ongoing struggles of SteamMonkey and the Penguin.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Day 42... Our highest horde night yet since starting the game a short time ago.

    To prepare I had made what I'm calling the Hallway Of Guaranteed Survival or the HOGS. This was a 2x2 tunnel with steel walls, floor and ceiling. Upgraded iron doors on the floor that open up like a classic hatch defence. Outside I placed a single SMG turret on a pillar to shoot birds. The tunnel sticks out of a mountain side about 5 blocks, then extends into the mountain another 10 blocks to a small room. In the small room there is a vault door that leads to a LOOONG tunnel up into the mountains guts that then doubles back and pops out somewhere near our main base with another vault door protecting it. I feel this is impenetrable and we will simple sit behind our doors and smash.

    We are gamestage 140ish at this point. 0 deaths so far. We are so good at this game.

    We hear the thunder and grab everything we need to prepare. We head to the HOGS.

    She's excited, I'm excited... here comes the first wave, across the field. We take out our guns and start plugging them as they come up. Eventually they make it to the entrance and everything is perfect... except I notice the Penguin is still trying to punch heads off... like she does and can't really reach. She takes out the machine gun. It's fine.

    I'm chopping away with my machete but they're starting to build up a little. Theres more green glowy boys and some cops. She focuses them down well. The first door is taking some damage so I break out my wrench and break it... cause I had the wrong shit on my hotbar. We back up one and flip up another door. She is asking me what team I'm playing for... understandable question at this point.

    We keep going, things are holding up well. A very large man with a green thingy on his chest starts running at our base. Suddenly the green thingy goes red and I hear Penguin say "What's that mean?" I tell her it means we're in deep shit and ask if she shot his explosives. She says "You mean the green thing? Yes I shot the green thing, why wouldn't I shoot the green thing... it's a video game, when a big monster has a green thing you ALWAYS SHOOT THE GREEN THING" and BOOM.

    We back up another couple of doors...

    At this point I notice a flaw in my design... the first explosion took out a bunch of the dirt in front of my tunnel and now the Deados don't have a path to us so they're beating on the walls. I spin, make sure to equip my nailgun and go to repair... remember how i said we'd grabbed everything we needed? I didn't grab steel, concrete, stone, cobble... and the 2 stacks of chili dogs weren't going to repair many blocks. Luckily, my Penguin is really a magpie in disguise, she didn't grab any of that stuff either but she happened to have all of it anyway because she carries crap around like a baglady. At this point, it's saving our ass cause she's repairing stuff while mocking my constant picking on her about carrying a bunch of stupid shit and not having any inventory space.... I'll never be able to do that again now =\

    While she repairs that, I'm picking off what I can see and realize they're not able to get to the entrance because of the hole... which means they can't get to me if I go outside of the doors to do some quick work.

    So I drop the door, load up some frames, and make a quick frame floor in front of the HOGS so the zombies have a path. They notice... surprisingly quickly and I turn to get back into the HOGS behind the safety of the door, which my lovely Penguin had lifted back up the second she saw the zombies coming around the corner.. trapping me on the otherside.

    We then both attempt to lower the door for me to get back across, while I'm getting beat on, and I watch the door flap up and down like a dying seagull on the jersey shore. I shout "KILL THEM NOT ME" and she opens fire, I lower the door, walk across and lift it back up with only a spider monkey making it through.

    The rest of the night went mostly without incident, all 5 minutes of it...

    Daylight breaks, we run out, kill the stupid death chickens that had been beating on my roof all night, loot all the zombie sacks and start repairing.

    Lessons learned: I need a more explosion proof floor in FRONT of the HOGS for that inevitable Boomer Boom. The Penguin now knows not to shoot the 'green thing' on the 'giant fucks that I hate forever' (her words). I have a chest in the back room of the HOGS with a stash of repair materials incase I forget again... I am no longer allowed to mock her for carrying a stack of every goddamn thing in the game at all times. Finally, I need to set my SMG Turret back farther away not at the entrance so it will survive any random angry zombies/explosions and continue to pick off the murderbirds.

    I do love this game.

    submitted by /u/SteamMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    It's time to put the defenses to the test, the first blood moon horde is here and Jessica needs to survive this. The bullets are limited she's gonna have to make them count.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Timsescale / movement speed changes?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    I know I keep repeating this, but its been several years since the last time I played 7D2D and I keep running into questions about the differences. This time around its in regards to the day / night cycle and movement speed. Though its been quite some time, I clearly remember that the days used to feel much longer, or at least that I was able to get much more done in the space of a day.

    For example, I always used to set up in the forge house on the lake with two islands in Navezgane and then use the boat house nearby as my horde night base. It was easy back then to travel across half the map to get to the house and still have daylight to work on fortifying it a little, and then by the second or third day, I'd already managed to loot the nearby POIs and then by the 7th day I'd had a decently fortified horde tower constructed.

    In contrast, in my current save, it took a full day just to reach the same house, and I'm on the 5th day and have barely had time to loot the nearby structures. Even getting a start out of my base right on the tick of 4am, I feel like half of the day is gone just in the time it takes me to reach my activity site for the day and then doing that activity takes far longer than I remember. Even walking feels much slower than before (unencumbered, I get slow walking with too much in hand...), to the point that I've felt a need to sprint literally everywhere all the time... Thankfully I've set blood moons to occur every two weeks (this option is great for me as I've never loved my whole playtime being governed by rushing from blood moon to blood moon), but it actually feels like I'd be in a really bad place if I hadn't given myself the extra time.

    The question is then, did they decrease movement speed and action speed in the last 3 years? Or was there possibly a reduction in the timescale? Or am I just remembering wrong and out of practice? I'm also curious about the effect of increasing the days to 120 minutes and then halving the xp gain... Is that helpful / more enjoyable at all, or does it just drag the whole game down? I ask this because I'm considering starting over with these settings so I can once again dial down the feeling of always having to rush from night to night.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Spaced-Invader
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else on a 3080?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Lucked out and got a 3080. Works perfectly in all games and benchmarks, except 7 Days where I get poor FPS, stuttering, and major frame drops on any graphics setting. At "only" high settings, horde nights become unplayable with 15fps when the waves start rolling in.

    More details on my system and things I've tried here on official forum post: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/22325-fps-and-stuttering-on-3080/

    Anyone else on a 3080 and can share whether they're seeing similar? Just want another data point before filing a bug report.

    submitted by /u/ChillyCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to fix the reason that all terrain is loading with the same texture even the roads? I have deleted the entire game and made new worlds but the problem follows. Any idea how to fix?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Does pc have splitscreen?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    If Not is there a mod?

    submitted by /u/Gabeyomama
    [link] [comments]

    Creating prefabs?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    so, I tried to make a giant city map with nitrogen and quickly realized just how limited the number of prefabs are for that sorta thing. Between factories, skyscrapers, and a select few other "big" POIs that would fit into an urban landscape, the overall number is pretty low and the map was littered with duplicates, sometimes right next to each other.

    That got me to thinking, how could I fix that? Well... I assume by making a ton of big building POIs. As far as the physical building of them, I'm not super worried about that. I think I can pull it off by setting up a few template shells with floors then going in and modifying them into different layouts, a little paint job, and w/e else is needed to make it a full "POI".

    Which leads me into the question of... how the hell do I make a POI/Prefab actually 'work'? And... has this already been done and my google-fu just isn't strong enough?

    submitted by /u/SteamMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel