• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - October 07, 2020

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - October 07, 2020


    Wildcard Wednesday - October 07, 2020

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to post anything you might have missed from the schedule below

    Day Topic
    Sunday Seedy Sunday
    Monday Modded Monday
    Tuesday Tips n' Tricks Tuesday
    Wednesday Wildcard Wednesday
    Thursday Base Tour/Showcase Thursday
    Friday Friend Finder Friday
    Saturday Streams/Let's Play Saturday
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The new alpha is great!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    What has been your most "Oh of course" moment while playing?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Mine was going into "The Bear Den" bar in search for some loot for there to be two bears ready to munch on my body.

    submitted by /u/TomlinAU
    [link] [comments]

    I semi-scientifically tested whether mods on the robotic turret/sledge really work, and most don't!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    I was experimenting with turret mods and I thought it was strange that I could add things like Fortifying Grip. I had a hunch that some of these were allowed but didn't actually do anything so I did some testing.

    On the robotic turret:

    1. Rad remover - Straight up doesn't work at all. Radiated zombies never stopped recharging.
    2. Extended Barrel - Seems to work but very subtle. I set up 15 blocks away and I get an extra point damage per shot, more frequent crits, and less misses.
    3. Cripple Em - Straight up doesn't work at all. Let it shoot until almost dead and they never started limping.
    4. Drum Mag - Works (as we all know)
    5. Semi, Burst, and Full auto-mods - I couldn't see any changes.

    I also tested a couple things on the robotic sledge:

    1. Burning Shaft Mod - Works
    2. Cripple Em - Never worked.
    3. Weighted Head - More damage but less knockdowns (strangely).

    Even though they don't work on the ground they seem to work if you're holding the robot.

    On both, the flashlight didn't work (unless you were holding the robot). I think I tested the laser too but since it starts with a laser I didn't spend too much time on it. I played with the grips and muzzle brake but didn't know a good way to test those. The hunter mod also fit but I didn't record any results. I'll probably do that tonight.

    My tests were handled differently per mod but generally in this manner:

    1. Turret
      1. place two blocks, 15 meters apart
      2. place a new zombie at one block and turn off movement
      3. load 2 shots regular ammo (not the shells)
      4. place the gun and record observations
      5. repeat 5 times for each scenario: with mod/without mod
    2. Sledge
      1. place sledge on narrow walkway
      2. spawn zombie who will run through the hall
      3. let sledge hit them at least once (in the end i let it slug them over and over)
      4. record results
      5. repeat 5 times for each scenario: with mod/without mod

    I also did all of the same tests with regular weapons (tac assault and steel sledge hammer) but only to see how big the difference was for mod/no-mod. I didn't compare the damage between turret and gun because that wouldn't make sense. However, the rad remover and cripple em mods worked every time with the gun but never with the turret.

    I know this is barely scientific but I didn't see any other posts on this topic and I'm hoping someone finds this useful.

    Edit: The hunter mod does a slight bit more damage.

    submitted by /u/exploooooosions
    [link] [comments]

    bleed damage death experience?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed that we do not seem to get experience for zombies who die from bleeding wounds effects? build Alpha 19.1 (b8)

    -Sonjja

    submitted by /u/Sonjja_Redsword
    [link] [comments]

    That escalated quickly...

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    I had just finished a Blood moon, and was cleaning up. Loot bags, fixing blocks, tidying up my horde base.

    I have campfires surrounding my base. I light them for Blood Moon, or if I want to draw in a few screamers for some quick XP. Zombies will catch fire if they bang on the walls, as they have to stand on the campfires.

    Typically, I turn off the campfires, or they burn down. Today I thought, "I only need a another 1/8 of the XP bar for the next level." So I restocked the wood in the fires, and went inside.

    I had burned through a LOT of ammo during the Blood Moon. I was out of 762, so my tac AR and M60 were (mostly) out of commission. (Loot bags gave me a small amount of 762, but not enough to count for anything.)

    Auto shotgun has plenty of rounds. I haven't put anything into handguns yet. And I am a monster with my club. I don't plan on using any firearms anyway. Just a screamer or two calling a few friends. Steel club all the way...

    So the first screamer shows up, and she's unusually quiet. I'm strafing left and right, behind my whacking wall, waiting for her to scream for her friends. After a while, I am getting frustrated that she isn't screaming. I don't want to hurt her. I need her to do her job. So I duck outside for a minute. She starts screaming almost immediately. Cool... or so I think.

    I usually try to avoid hitting the screamers, and take out all the other zombies. The club almost always catches the screamers sooner or later as I attack other zombies. So I have a nice flow of zombies coming. Lots of wights and spiders. Spiders are a particular pain for melee in my horde base. Not super hard, but they often catch me with a hit when I try to melee only.

    Things are ramping up quickly... It's like 8 or 9AM, and it seems like multiple hordes are converging on me all at once. Lots of them are running. I am hearing scream after scream. AI pathing is doing dumb stuff, and often as not, they run past my whacking wall, and do a lap before coming back.

    The AI pathing is behaving very badly. So much so that it's preventing me from reaching them with my club. They run past. Sometimes I can land a hit, sometimes not. I need them to behave and come at me.

    There are a LOT of zombies now. More than I have during a Blood Moon. During Blood Moon, they come at me, and I can manage the numbers. Did I mention their numbers are growing?

    They are taking out blocks now as well. This was supposed to be a quick XP jaunt. Everything is going tits up.

    Time for the shotgun. Which works fine, as long as they path to me. But their pathing is all out of whack. The shotgun doesn't have the range if they don't come to the whacking wall. They are jumping down, and circling back up. Cops are spitting from far out. More blocks are being broken.

    I can't even estimate how many zombies are out there. But the shrieks are coming at a ridiculous rate, and the screamers aren't getting close enough to kill.

    If I don't draw them off, the base will be done. So I hit the escape hatch. And they are coming from all sides. I am running and gunning. It's daytime, and there are at least 20 sprinters staying with me. Still wearing my heavy armor from the blood moon. (stupid.)

    After a city block, I figure they're strung out, and I can turn and fight. The sprinters come faster than I can handle. As I empty the shotgun, I'm taking hits. I'm bleeding and concussed. Reload and I'm firing at blurs until my vision clears.

    I start making my way back the way I came, running past the walkers, focused on killing the screamers. I need to try to use my club, so as to not generate any more heat.

    That's when I run into a nest of spiders. I hate spiders. Why can't they just stay in one place? Back to the shotty.

    I'm pretty beat up at this point. I duck back into the horde base. Pop a pill, bandage up, and head back out to clean up this mess.

    Screamers are mostly done, and I am seeking them with extreme prejudice. It's club only, as I don't want any more company. The campfires are still burning, but I'll get those out soon.

    I'm running and ducking through the last of the hordes. Club dripping as I am knee deep in their remains.

    I extinguish the fires.

    What the hell just happened? I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

    submitted by /u/Steelspy
    [link] [comments]

    Is it still possible to get a pistol from toilet?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I always found it a little funny that there was a pistol in the toilet. But have yet to find one in the new update A19.

    submitted by /u/Sucios_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys play permadeath?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Just wondering cuz I just died on my second horde night and I felt like I was doing well, but after I died I kinda felt like just starting over.

    submitted by /u/masterscaron1
    [link] [comments]

    Crucible?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Can you find a schematic for it or do you HAVE to go down the skill tree to unlock the ability to make one?

    Also, can you find some in the wild or at a trader?

    submitted by /u/natesucks4real
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Upgrade

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I am most likely getting the HP Omen laptop next month and am wondering if anyone out here has run 7DTD on theirs.

    How does the game perform on your Omen?

    submitted by /u/youknowiactafool
    [link] [comments]

    Starting Alpha 19 finally! Hope you like how dumb we are.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Tips to help with lag?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    I have a i7 9950H cpu what are the big cpu eaters on high i get like around 30 to 35FPS.

    submitted by /u/ryan7251
    [link] [comments]

    are the quests even worth doing?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    the rewards don't seem to really be all that great

    submitted by /u/MOONMO0N
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days To Die Top 5 Shovel Mods

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Wrench info?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Can you pick up a work bench with a wrench? What else can you pick up with a wrench?

    submitted by /u/Rhider0142
    [link] [comments]

    I LOVE alpha 15

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I started playing this game in alpha 18 with my gf. I really love it to this day we started a game in alpha 19 excited for the new updates. Around 100ish hours in we wanted to try something different, so we went back to the lowest possible alpha that would launch. Alpha 15 was the earliest we could go so we tried it expecting some awful stuff.

    We're having an absolute blast. At first it was challenging because zombies can hit you easier because you can't hit them as far away, but man it's so nice to be able to turn the settings up and have actual fps. And you can actually loot zombies AND they decay after a while into flesh and then bones. Why would that ever have been taken out? I absolutely LOVE that detail.

    And then we noticed the turds in the toilet along with the murky water. It makes sense and it was hilarious for our first discovery. And how useful red tea is and gathering crysanthemum. The wellness system is actually very interesting and means you can't just suicide to get back home, especially with the fact that not dropping anything at death wasn't implemented. I actually think about the food I'm eating and how farming is useful for wellness points because found food doesn't exactly give you any.

    You can upgrade skills by actually doing stuff and I adore not having 50 sub categories of skill points to put stuff into. It actually gives me a sense of progression knowing everything I do is xp towards the next level and it's specific to a category I'm working towards. Looting is also so much more fun, you don't know what you're going to get. We found a rocket launcher on day 2, and the next house we go to, there was a bear in the way. We proceeded to panic and my gf used the rocket launcher on it. The fucker didn't die until it was hit 3 times with the rocket launcher. We proceeded to feast on the wellness of grilled meat and bacon and eggs that same night. The battle may not have been fair, but it was amazing. We still have his leather.

    And then I decided to venture on my own and proceeded to get chased down by a football zombie running at high speed and he killed me once my stamina gave up. I just wanted the goddamn airdrop.

    If you're looking to freshen yourself up, I absolutely recommend this alpha version. It feels like a completely different game and I personally love it. By the way, eggs are incredibly useful and the bow and arrow is really fun. I recommend it.

    submitted by /u/ibyeori
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone from PS4?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Looking for people to play long term with 18+ mic / stoners are welcome

    If interested, you can comment here your PSN name and I'll add you

    submitted by /u/The1TruePlug
    [link] [comments]

    More like - Too Easy To Die

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Friends and I have been playing on Insane, I already tested my bunker for 10+ zombie horde every night....was able to survive a hoard night every night (every 2 hours).

    Actually it's been incredibly fun and challenging, but a pill-box type bunker with a dense field of spikes and campfires along fighting edge of bunker with ability to access campfires, and an overhang with spikes underneath is a lot of security...

    Building it in water as a tower with a mine underneath made it just...impregnable.

    submitted by /u/IDNeon357
    [link] [comments]

    7 days to die | Demolition work #4

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    How many skillpoints per level do you get in A19?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    I can't find it on the wiki

    It's a bit hard to find basic information about this game sometimes, considering that lots of people play modded, there have been lots of changes from version to version, there are three different wikis for some reason and only one of them seems to be updated.

    I ask because I have 2 more skillpoints than levels and I'd like to know why

    Some sites say it's 5 skillpoints per level (which is clearly not), other say that you start with three points (unless I misscalculated it's not my case?) other say that skillpoints scale based on your int (I have int at 10...)

    Help?

    submitted by /u/GodGMN
    [link] [comments]

    Harvesting question

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    I'm running the latest build of Alpha 19. I maxed out "Living Of The Land" (3), and I'm still only harvesting 1 item from planted food.

    Anyone have any idea of what's going on?

    submitted by /u/FuzzySadist
    [link] [comments]

    Your best challenge series

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    What are some of your best settings, and self imposed options to give yourself a greater challenge and add some spice?

    Examples:

    • Only ranged weapons
    • Only melee weapons
    • No traders

    Let me hear your ideas!

    submitted by /u/bisawen
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else base building at survivor site 8

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    In alpha 19.2 survivor site 8 is pretty cool anyone else build there?

    submitted by /u/BaumBastic_YT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel