• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - December 17, 2020

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - December 17, 2020


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - December 17, 2020

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This was very mean of the POI designer.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:26 AM PST

    PSA: Reconsider targeting 60fps min with dynamic resolution

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Big asterisk, your mileage might vary.

    I found my game constantly looking like garbage because I wanted smooth gameplay, I turned most things to low and dynamic res on at 60fps min. I'm running a Ryzen 5 5600x and a Geforce GTX 970 (waiting til I can get a 3080 for upgrade) at Ultrawide 1440p. Rez was constantly dropping to a messy blur, which I blamed my video card for. I thought "well this is the price of 60fps I guess". I played that way for months.

    Then I bought my wife a subscription to Geforce NOW so that she had a decent way to play with me (her laptop could barely run the game), and theoretically the GN machine should be better than my desktop graphically speaking (unfortunately they don't really tell you what kind of machine you're getting but I'm pretty sure they're 20-series gpu).

    I turned on the 60fps min for her as well, on the default medium settings and it was also a blurry mess. I was confused, surely the GN machine at 1080p could handle 60fps, so I turned it down to 30 for her as well and cranked all the settings and it looked beautiful (well as beautiful as 7dtd can be) and it felt like she was still getting at least near 60fps. (I have no way to actually measure this other than "feel")

    I think what MIGHT be happening is that the nature of the game engine is causing small dips below 60fps at certain times regardless of your hardware (maybe swapping out LOD and or chunk loading?) but it happens so frequently that its extremely noticeable. I know it's a pretty intense engine with a lot going on so this is my theory.

    TL;DR: The 7DTD engine cannot maintain a stable 60fps even on the beefiest of hardware, but it can get close enough.

    submitted by /u/stipo42
    [link] [comments]

    Finally survived 7th night solo!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:39 PM PST

    Just so hyped! Any tips on leveling up?

    submitted by /u/JCs4ITnow
    [link] [comments]

    Hey folks , hope everybody is having a good week. I have a question, when did bedrock become +3 elevation?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:22 PM PST

    I've been playing on ps4 and just bought the PC VERSION(wait for applause) and I was trying to dig a big drop pit. When I started digging, I found it only lets me go down to +3 elevation everywhere on navesgame , and I don't understand it ?On ps4, bedrock was -57 elevation. It's not bedrock either , it's just rock that doesn't have any health and won't let me drill through it . What's going on?

    submitted by /u/Sea_Print_1337
    [link] [comments]

    Relaxation in the time of COVID?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:47 AM PST

    At work they asked us to share how we are finding joy and relaxing in this time of COVID. People shared meditation, podcast listening, listening to classical music, prayer, etc. My turn and I wanted to say, "preparing and surviving a blood moon horde night with beer and steel knuckles."

    But I decided to stick with, "spending time with my family."

    submitted by /u/dunkirk23
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to live in POIs?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:23 PM PST

    Me and my friend wanna find like a military base or something to live at, but one time we lived near a mine next to a traitor Joe's and a quest reset the whole building and we lost all of our stuff.

    Is it safe to live at a POI if I put a land claim block down at the location?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kyde14
    [link] [comments]

    Modding help

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:46 PM PST

    I am new to PC gaming altogether and Am completely new to modding and how game files work. I am wondering if someone can direct me how to download and run a farming/animal husbandry mod for my steam downloaded game?

    submitted by /u/bourdh17
    [link] [comments]

    Underground Farm Question

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:08 PM PST

    PC Version

    Underground farm (1x1 shaft to surface above), with another garden level below;1x1 shaft continues as seen in pic, here, on which the spot directly below this has grown. Any ideas about why this spot in particular isn't growing past seed?

    submitted by /u/Jelsol
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone experience this ?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:47 PM PST

    So in the last blood moon horde I experienced a thing I can't explain.

    While killing zeds and running around, I picked up a loot bag droped from a zed. When I opened and finished looting it, literally I saw a car being thrown from nowhere into the street before my eyes, the distance is about 15 - 20 meters. (There was no car in that position before).

    The car exploded into two parts and burned, it damaged the street surface and created a small hole in the street. That's the first time I see a car got burned in this game.

    I thought that the big cop zed did it, so I looked around, but there was no big cop zed, it was just normal zeds around.

    submitted by /u/FujiToday
    [link] [comments]

    Swimming through horde night?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:28 PM PST

    What is stopping me from doing what the title says? The zombies don't swim they just walk on the bottom right? Will more vultures spawn?

    submitted by /u/ihuntinwabits
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving the game mid-quest resets the quest, but you don't lose what you've looted.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:59 PM PST

    I was halfway through the Diersville hospital quest and then I left the game, when I rejoined I was still in the hospital but I had to restart the quest. My inventory was still full of medicine and stuff though so I assumed it was a bug.

    submitted by /u/Colejoed
    [link] [comments]

    The best of the worst weapons

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:40 PM PST

    You're level 1 in a POI, have no skill points invested into weapons, and need to deal with 3 zombies that have aggroed. What is your weapon of choice for this situation, and why would you choose it over the other potential weapons at your disposal?

    submitted by /u/AgileEmploy1315
    [link] [comments]

    Spawning Zombies in "Sleeper Mode"

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:05 PM PST

    Is this a thing that is possible? I know how to spawn in zombies via debug mode and the spawn menu, but I haven't been able to find a way to spawn them without them already being alert and wandering about.

    I've googled it but haven't been able to find anything other than general spawning instructions.

    Any help would be much appreciated! Working on a fun project to surprise my gaming buddies with.

    submitted by /u/TheMysteriousMJ
    [link] [comments]

    Automatic bridge closing

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:07 PM PST

    Is there a way for the bridge to raise as soon as the camera sees the zombies ? I can do, but conversely, he is most abandoned when he sees a zombie.

    submitted by /u/MrPalbo
    [link] [comments]

    PVP Server ~

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:36 PM PST

    I am thinking about purchasing a 7 days to die server, and making it a PVP server. Allies where you make them, trading with each other in Nuetral territories, and what not.

    Comment if you'd play on the server so I know if I should get it or not!!

    submitted by /u/LSuds91
    [link] [comments]

    Need some people to play with

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:00 PM PST

    Just got back into the game last month after leaving the game in 2k16. Looking for some people to play, i don't have a mic currently but i know what I'm doing for the most part, still learning electrical and other small things since my break. Drop your steam IDs or DM me.

    submitted by /u/WageSlave39
    [link] [comments]

    Power pickaxe?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:43 AM PST

    Is there a gas powered version of the pick axe or do both the shovel and pick axe share the auger as the "upgrade"?

    submitted by /u/Sbrockway
    [link] [comments]

    What version on the PC did they introduce the new levelling system?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:38 PM PST

    I want to play 7 days to die again but I don't want to play with the new levelling system, I want to play with the old one but I'm tired of installing an older version at a time and manually checking with no luck. alpha 1.15 has the old system but it also crashes. I've also been reading through the changelogs and I either missed it or there isn't a whole lot mentioned about when they changed the leveling system. For all the new things it has in it, the new levelling system turned my favorite game into something that I don't really like. I've already tried to play it for a few days and it's awful. :(

    submitted by /u/siliconebutts
    [link] [comments]

    Ran into a tiny problem on Day 4!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:48 PM PST

    I can't join servers

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    How do I join a server? Everytime I try to it just loads forever or Server timed out.

    submitted by /u/OnlinePrd
    [link] [comments]

    In the most recent version of the game, does farming still involve fertilizing the land and "upgrading" the dirt?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:24 AM PST

    I've been playing for about a month now and am just starting to get into farming. The only way that I have found is to make planters and put them around to farm in. Reading the wiki today, I saw all kinds of info about taking a hoe and "upgrading" the dirt. Is this still valid in the current version? This would be so much cooler than just putting blocks everywhere!

    submitted by /u/Siafu_Soul
    [link] [comments]

    Did Fun Pimps EVER fix the duping issue in multiplayer???????

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:39 AM PST

    Hey guys, been a way from the game for a while due to the stupid dupes in multiplayer. Just wondering if the fun pimps has fixed this or they still don't care about multiplayer fixes.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/xfive562
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel