• Breaking News

    Friday, January 15, 2021

    7 Days To Die Why so many screamers?

    7 Days To Die Why so many screamers?


    Why so many screamers?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    New to the game, been playing a lot recently. I have a server with a bunch of friends and were on day 60 something now.

    I have a house which I use as my base, and for some reason there are a disgusting amount of screamer zombies that keep spawning and attacking my house. They do not seem to spawn near anyone else's house, and if they do it's just the odd one.

    We end up having about 10-20 screamers during the night and they always seem to break in the house at the same place. Even during the day, in the house with all doors closed windows boarded up, you hear screamers come and start battering the house.

    What could cause this? It's got so annoying I'm about to go find a new house to make a base in!

    submitted by /u/tohmmo
    [link] [comments]

    New Player. The Game Seems At Odds With Itself?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 12:46 PM PST

    Hello;

    I am a new player that started this game with whatever the current update is. No prior experience.

    I am really enjoying the game, like it a lot, except one thing, which seems to be a major problem, or a big oversight, wondering if there's any solution;

    'The Survival Horde Crafting Game' as it's called.

    So I started off, figured out the basics of looting and crafting and setting up a base, all was fine.

    However, after getting to day 40's a few times, I've concluded the game is 'at odds with itself' in that;

    The game wants me to build and craft and all this cool fun stuff, then actively punishes me for doing so.

    First attempts, I took over a hardware store. There was a river beside it, a town to the east and south, a trader, a farm, pretty much perfect spot. I worked to fortify this location, put traps surrounding the entire perimeter, everything, only to have most of it destroyed in the horde nights.

    I then tried building my own base down the river, same thing.

    Queue some more repeat attempts at fortifying locations or building my own.

    Then it came to me, to completely forgo all this, and just deal with the horde nights in random locations not caring if they were destroyed, or completely without anything, and deal with horde nights Rocky Balboa style. To my surprise, this seems to be extremely effective. Even vs. apparently 'difficult' enemies, it's not to much of an issue, and nothing I've spent all the time collecting, building and so on gets threatened or destroyed. OK! Horde night solved!

    Then came making armors, weapons and all things to facilitate this horde-night style at my base(s) or built up somewhat pre-existing locations, and to my chagrin, everything I did here, seemed to draw tons of zombies, screaming ladies, hordes and such also, on non-horde nights, again attacking my base, destroying things, etc. The higher level I got to also, seemed to draw ever more on non-horde nights. There are usually a horde or more of zombies at night now, no matter where I am.

    So now I'm kind of at a loss, wondering what to do;

    This game wants me to craft and build stuff, but all crafting, cooking, building etc. you-name-it, seems to draw events/enemies that will attack and wreck my bases or locations. It seems to want me to build/fortify locations to survive the horde nights, but again in doing so, trying to defend my bases/locations in these events also destroys everything.

    So in lieu, I've kinda said 'fuck it' and basically built myself great weapons, armor and so, and am just going as a nomad. I have no base, I keep almost no crafting items. I carry my forge with me, and a claim block, and just plant them wherever I am for the night, pretty much just to be able to make forged iron for repair kits for my weapons/armor. All else I keep is enough food/drink to not starve.

    Anyway, my issue is that now the game seems kinda pointless. I am pretty much decked out with weapons/armor, and am punished for building or crafting in any manor, so all I've been doing is hunting for skill books to unlock more combat-related traits, or hunting animals for food. I have a bicycle for getting around, and have marked on the map locations of operational crafting stations I can use if I need to use those things. I loot almost nothing. Anything that doesn't contribute to repair kits or food is ignored. I keep a cooking pot on me too, and basically live off bacon and eggs, tacos etc. I have a water purifier thing on my hat, so I drink the piss-water as it seems to stack to 125 while anything else is capped at 10. I eat/drink surplus also, and cook up whatever I can otherwise with the pot. I often leave stuff in the traders' workbenches also, as their base seems indestructible, so I just store 'high value' anything there, knowing it's 100% safe. Seems foolproof like so. If I need to use anything from them, I just take them out, walk across the road from their base (where it lets me build stuff), drop the stuff right there in the grass on the ground, whatever, do what I gotta do, and then put em back.

    What I would like to know now though;

    Is there any way to build/craft or place to build/craft, that doesn't draw so much attention? I did some brief googling, and found out about a 'heat map' which sounds cool on paper, but feel is part of the issue, as well as discovering that 'underground' bases killed the horde night 'challenge' so this is all fairly recent changes in that the zombies now utterly level bases that aren't jank-lookin' deathtrap mazes which basically exist to exploit AI.

    I really enjoy the premise of the game, but it really does seem at odds with itself, so I'm wondering if there's a way to go around all this, where I can craft without drawing tons of things which destroy my stuff, or build a base that actually defends/is worth defending on the horde night (that is not some weird maze/AI exploit thing). I just want to build a cool base, like Fallout, and have defenses and such that protect my base, like Fallout. If that's possible great! Please tell me! Else I really don't see the point, so I'm hoping there's something.

    If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/gr00grams
    [link] [comments]

    Endless Horde Mode

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 12:56 PM PST

    So, as a fun sort of finale I wanted to make an endless horde mode. In my mind this would be a real test of the players base and ability to defend themselves. I've looked through settings and mods to find what something like it, but it's not exactly what I want.

    Here's what I'm looking for:

    -Constantly spawning zombies

    -The horde doesn't stop until all players are dead

    If anyone knows of something existing that would work for this, or knows how it could be set up, I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Scorzilla365
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness falls controller support?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:52 AM PST

    I recently played a few good weeks of the base game on controller and wanted to try out darkness falls, after doing the install (drag and drop) I can get the game to launch no problem, join a game and server no problem, move the mouse around and move with KBM....but no longer have controller usage..

    Is there something I need to modify in the files? Controller is enabled in settings

    submitted by /u/Snurtysnurts
    [link] [comments]

    The Vale Darkness Falls Server

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:23 PM PST

    The Vale has just opened a new 7 Days To Die Darkness Falls server.

    Map:.DFalls-Medium

    Difficulty: 2

    DayNightLength: 120

    DayLightLenght: 18

    BloodMoon Every: 14 Days

    Loot Respawn: 5days

    PVE

    2 Land Claim Blocks per person.

    Join Our discord here: https://discord.gg/G8JWr4ZF6q

    submitted by /u/NovaSummoner
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get a minibike engine I got everything but the engine and the basket

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    Ram usage wayyyy to high

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:53 AM PST

    I was playing 7 days to die casually on like 4 gbs of ram usage now it skies rockets to 10 - 12 maxing out my Ram and causing repeating frame drops and stutters

    any idea what to do?

    submitted by /u/Soulxc
    [link] [comments]

    7DTD - Ravenhearst & SMX - By Sirillion

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:58 PM PST

    Within the options of Ravenhearst there is an SMX UI option though it doesn't have the enemy health bar or the inventory UI. Is it possible to get those as well or am I out of luck?

    submitted by /u/eXidus
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for friends to play with (PC)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:54 PM PST

    I used to be really into this game back in summer, but with college I ended up taking a break from it. I'm interested in starting to play once again with a couple people to just grind the game and have fun :] I'm an intern right now so I work 9-5 on weekdays, but I'm free in evenings and on weekends, if anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a message :]

    submitted by /u/thecanadiangamcr
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to play

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:47 PM PST

    Just if want to play my psn noblemybigbutt1 hope see you

    submitted by /u/Killme-please738-99
    [link] [comments]

    About sharing world between computers.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Hi. I plan to play between 2 differents computers, and readed saves are so big.

    I would like to know if you have some approach to share with me to make this easy. For example, I don't know if maybe complete world with all data is one folder and I can share it one time, and only others several files must be synced, or if there is only a "allin" folder that is growing over time, and is each game session is bigger and bigger

    submitted by /u/C4nt3r
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a level and skill cap mod for A19

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:16 PM PST

    Hello,

    I've reached the endgame in 7 Days to Die and I'd like a mod that both increases the max level and adds some extra skills to build upon the standard ones. I've actually found such a mod before when I was just looking around to see what was out there, but I can't find it again! Does anyone know where I can find it or a similar one?

    I'm playing the current version of alpha 19 on Windows (PC). Further, I'm hosting a private multiplayer server on my own PC so I guess it'll need to be compatible with that. Also compatibility with other mods shouldn't be a problem as I've never actually installed any!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Espada_No4
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up a server with just friends

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:59 PM PST

    Hi there,

    So my friends and I just started playing this game. I was wondering if there was a way to make a server that was always open instead of them having to wait for me to get on?

    submitted by /u/AznRiceBoy20
    [link] [comments]

    'AnimalTemplateTimid' Error

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:33 AM PST

    'AnimalTemplateTimid' Error

    Has anyone seen this error before? It keeps popping up at all times of the day and it takes pops up the Command console, and it makes it especially stress full on blood moon night when it happens. I tried looking for the file that is giving the error but I could not find it, I am playing on a dedicated server on the same network as me.

    The error message is ERR Could not load file 'Entities/Animals/Stag/STAG' for entity_class 'animalTemplateTimid'
    UnityException: Transform child out of bounds

    https://preview.redd.it/b4vlvirlmib61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=87dd33dae8ade481514ddef1dd18b1ce4e1a7c84

    submitted by /u/ChicoB28
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody wants to play a on a multiple team survival pvp map? Like, 3v3v3 or such. I think it would be pretty dope.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:19 PM PST

    We all meet in the same city, we split into equal teams then give each other a few days to build our bases, then pvp starts, blood moons too. We have to find out where each other's bases are and such.

    submitted by /u/ImBucovina
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a fresh PvE server to join(max day 15)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:16 PM PST

    I am a player who has returned after 1 year and I want to play with people.

    submitted by /u/distrugatorul_343
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone still playing xbox?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:07 AM PST

    Comfortable playing any/all settings. Gt IamBex999

    submitted by /u/IamBex999
    [link] [comments]

    Rwg solutions

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:29 AM PST

    Hey y'all, I'm new new to 7dtd and playing gaming again after a 3 year break.. Trying to figure out how to run rwg on my Asus tuff 506 with rtx 2080 6gb dedicated 16gb 2400 ram and 2.9 reg w4.2turbo AMD CPU It did it once with a hash I forgot but after closing screen it froze it and I had to reboot. All options available seem to freeze gen about 5-15seconds in. If anyone knows a good standard setting for rwg to post that would be great... how to set up basics in the graphics panel in game and thru nvidia graphics controller in case I fucked something up.

    submitted by /u/firematthew
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel