• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 11, 2021

    7 Days To Die Tricks!

    7 Days To Die Tricks!


    Tricks!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:13 AM PST

    Since the sub liked my latest build, here's my favorite large-scale solo engineering project from my first & longest running game save - a Navezgane base network spanning the tallest mountain in the north from top to bottom - a story of digging, rebar, and cement

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 12:51 PM PST

    Infection should evolve in A20

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:11 AM PST

    I'd like to see a reimagining of the infection system in 7 days to die.

    Early game infections are very effective at driving the player's behavior. Sometimes too much so. With poor luck you may end up having trouble finding antibiotics sufficient to completely heal your infection.

    Late game infections are completely inconsequential. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'll ignore the infection until I get home. What's the harm of running around with a 20+ infection late game?

    So I'm thinking, add some sort of secondary residual / cumulative infection scale.

    So as a late game player, I get infected, but I choose to do nothing about it until I get home. By the time I get home my infection is up to 25%. Even after curing that with a couple pills, my residual infection stays at 25%. Any future infections I received will add to it. Call it necrosis or Zed rot or whatever you like.

    And maybe you can recover or treat it slowly over long periods of time.

    I don't think adding something like this would put any additional difficulty in place for new players, as they're usually scrambling to get rid of infection immediately.

    I like the idea of some permanence or consequence being imposed on the players.

    submitted by /u/Steelspy
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly reminder to often make a backup copy of your latest save files. Here are simple instructions how to do so. (PC)

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 12:36 PM PST

    A decent chunk of 7dtd players probably know this pain already. You're just be enjoying playing the game and then suddenly poof, out of nowhere either the game or your PC randomly crashes for no apparent reason or just power goes out in your area. Later you start up the game and either your save might be gone or ends up being somewhat damaged (for example the world remains untouched, but your character gets reset back to square one with no gear nor skills).

    Here are few short & easy steps of how to quickly make a backup of your save files. I'm going to try to word it as simply as i can so that even the most non-tech-savvy folks can understand.

    1. Click 'start' -> type %appdata% and press enter (or just head into C:\Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming) In case if you can't find the AppData folder
    2. Once you're in the location 'Roaming', go into the '7DaysToDie' folder.
    3. Create a new folder there (right mouse button, 'New' -> 'Folder') and name it however you want, can be just simple 'backup saves' as this is where you'll be storing the copies of your save files.
    4. Click with right mouse button on the folder 'Saves' -> select 'Copy', then go into previously created new folder, right click and select 'Paste'.

    That's it. To simplify things, go back to the 'Roaming' location, right click on '7DaysToDie' folder, select 'Send to' -> 'Desktop (create shortcut)'. Now whenever you quit the game, just open that '7DaysToDie - Shortcut' on your desktop, delete the "old" 'Saves' copy from the inside of 'backup saves' folder and copy the 'Saves' folder into it again, done. You don't even need to quit the game to make a backup. Basically whenever you do some decent progress in the single-player world you're playing, quit to the main menu, alt+tab from the game, take 5-10 seconds to do that backup, alt+tab back in and continue playing. Optionally, you can also change the view settings of your folders by right clicking somewhere in the window -> 'View' -> 'Details'. This way you should be able to easily see the date when each folder was last time modified and it can help keeping track of how old is "this" or "that" backup file (if you decide to have multiple ones for example).

    Personally at this point i've grown a habit of doing those backups every like ~1-2 hours during my play sessions. One thing worth keeping in mind is that quitting the game while being in the middle of doing a quest and loading back into it - results with that quest going back into 'inactive' state with you having to activate the hovering exclamation mark again to begin it (at least that's been my experience on single-player for the last few alpha versions). Also, after starting the game, loading in your save, then quitting to main menu and reentering it again - your save should load in faster than after quitting and restarting the game altogether, so there's that (at least it does for me).

    In case if you'd get some kind of crash that would seriously corrupt your save file - remove\delete the main 'Saves' (from AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie) and copy the one from 'backup saves' folder back into that location.

    Some people don't mind frequently starting over so they might just shrug off most instances where they lose their save/progress like that, but if you're invested in each of your playthrough where suddenly losing all your progress from it would be quite painful for you - making those backups is a really good idea, even if your PC/laptop and everything has been rock-solid stable for many months, better safe than sorry, since it only takes few/several seconds to do a backup now and then.

    Once (back in A17/18 times) i had like ~6 months without having a single issue or any kind of crash (either with my PC or any game that i played in general), then poof, power suddenly went out one day as i was playing 7dtd and later after starting up the game again, it turned out that my character got cleaned from exp/lvls/stats & equipment. I wasn't making any backups back then so i had to play around with console commands for a while to get some of the stuff i had and exp back.

    Then in some other playthrough (A18) i was driving back to my base one time and as i got closer, i noticed that the roof with the garden on top started collapsing and it destroyed a bunch of storage chests/crafting stations i had on the walls/the layer below it. After a short while of confused confusion - i've found out that my base was built on 2 chunks and apparently, because i was driving full speed - there was a tiny delay between the game loading both of them where it couldn't "see"/detect for a split second the bearing walls/supports that were on the 2nd chunk. Structural integrity instantly went "lmao no" and the whole concrete roof with everything on top that was literally 1-2 blocks away from the supports, fell apart. After that i tracked down the name of the 'Region' file which 'holds' the chunks that my base was in and i replaced the one in 'Saves' with the 'Region' file from the backup copy that i did an hour earlier when i was away from my base. Then logged back into the game and my base was back to its previous 'uncollapsed' state. Just another example of why doing those backups can be quite handy in such cases.

    Over the last several months i've seen a number of threads on this sub from frustrated users who randomly lost their save file or that it somehow got corrupted - so i thought about making this thread with some tips that might help people in being better prepared for any of such unfortunate save file related issues in the future.

    Cheers :)

    submitted by /u/Sqadro
    [link] [comments]

    Playing with x16 zombies with no blood moons is great

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:27 AM PST

    Me and two friends started playing with that mod and configuration, and it's great that you have to be careful even at day because you can be swarmed if you are not careful (and there are dire wolfs, bears and the jumping zombie since day 1, screamers since day 5). I tried to use the headshot only mod but couldn't make it work. We took a PoI (a four story tall building with a dance room, a bar, some offices, etc, it's actually three buildings together) as base and we try to defend it (a lot of zombies randomly try to enter the base at any time of the day). Never played the game for so long with my friends (usually played till 10th day) and now the game changed a lot since then, now raiding pois and doing trader quest is like fighting against the clock. Pretty good mod to shake things up, it feels like Overkill TWD

    submitted by /u/pumicolas
    [link] [comments]

    I Am Legend style mod

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 10:00 PM PST

    I don't know if it exists, or if it's even been brought up, since I'm relatively new to the thread, but i think a mod with no zombies during the day but a horde every night would be fun. Gives you each day to scavenge freely but every night you have to be ready. It may not work well at first but was an idea that popped in my head earlier.

    submitted by /u/Kael82
    [link] [comments]

    Day 56 Horde base

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:54 PM PST

    Looking for a good YT tutorial for a better horde base as our last one got destroyed completely and super fast

    submitted by /u/Bitter_Extension3983
    [link] [comments]

    Zombies stopped spawning in my world.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:43 PM PST

    As said in title zombies stopped spawning in my world if I make a new world and use console commands to open creative menu and spawn items to rebuild my base and give myself the items I have. Then turn cm back off and restart my game will I be able to continue getting achievements?

    submitted by /u/Torq_or_Morq
    [link] [comments]

    The virus that caused the zombie apocalypse has also caused all that survive to stop sleeping entirely.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:55 AM PST

    This is how I explained the fact that you never use your bed roll to sleep, which I thought was weird at first.

    Now if only I could find a way to justify a moon that enters the same phase every week..

    submitted by /u/bbbbush
    [link] [comments]

    Gyrocopter

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:58 AM PST

    They should make a 2 seater !!

    submitted by /u/soapyshelia
    [link] [comments]

    Default settings or change them?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 03:47 PM PST

    Do you keep them all on default or are there some great changes? Normal difficulty or higher? Normal loot abundance or higher? Etc.

    Any advice, folks?

    Not sure if it matters or not, but the server is usually just my wife and I playing together.

    submitted by /u/XBgyManX
    [link] [comments]

    (PC) Which items/things in general do you miss?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 07:23 PM PST

    For me it has to be the hornets, I hear they are still on ps4 (which is where I also remember them from) kinda bummed out when I found out they were gone. Does anyone know why they were removed btw?

    submitted by /u/kenzieBHOSbaker
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness Falls

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:43 PM PST

    Just dug down to bedrock to set my main base up.

    Am I going to get a bunch of demons raining down on me?

    (Note: I don't intend to stay down there during horde nights)

    submitted by /u/youknowiactafool
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness Falls Pre-gen Maps Help

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:27 PM PST

    The DF pregen maps are not loading properly for me. The mod loads but when i played for 30hrs and then decided I wanted to check out the rad zone and it was just water all around the map. I was playing DFsmall1. I also checked DFsmall 2 which I played for 300hrs in alpha 18 and I loaded the map and it was totally different as well and surrounded by water as well which should be a rad zone. I manually installed it in a separate copied folder of 7dtd and copied the mod into the folder which I did in Alpha 18. I tried the installer mod it just never works for me. So i was wondering if I was supposed to move or edit a file world or save files or if anybody had an idea.

    submitted by /u/Responsible-Ad1941
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness Falls is the revitalization I was looking for in this game!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:06 PM PST

    Thank you all that talked up Darkness Falls. I was hesitant to get into mods again but I was looking for more of a deeper challenge than the base game and other mods provide.

    It's a rough mod that makes the zombie apocalypse feel like... an apocalypse. The base game is great but can get stale real fast. Getting to a new tech tier feels amazing and rewarding in Darkness Falls. I'm only on night 16 with 0 deaths (this time. Lost 3 worlds before this playthrough) and I don't feel like the game is close to being trivialized.

    Thanks again, can't wait till I get through the next blood moon!

    submitted by /u/Cronophobic
    [link] [comments]

    Where can you mine lead?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 05:59 PM PST

    Asked where to find nitrate withvery helpful answers but now I have no idea where to get less / which biome to mine in. Thanks for the answers!

    This is for consoles / alpha 15 btw

    submitted by /u/sadweathertoday
    [link] [comments]

    Better Base for 1-3 people?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 05:46 PM PST

    Hey! I'm on a random gen world (day 21) and I'm currently occupying a prison I found. My buddy bought game recently so we could play and another friend of ours might also get it so the three of us can play. I found a bunker underneath a random house while exploring and thought about switching to that as our base as it's easier to maintain. Any thoughts on which is better?

    submitted by /u/its_willis
    [link] [comments]

    Hunting in 7 days

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:40 AM PST

    I've been playing 7 days for a while and i've noticed that in the last few months i have not seen a deer or a boar. Any thoughts on why that can be? Chickens and rabbits are everywhere and I do occasionally find bears, wolves and mountain lions.

    submitted by /u/bigote_grande
    [link] [comments]

    Does 7dtd still get updates on console

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    Also is there any differences in the console version and pc

    submitted by /u/Chigdoogie
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to find treasure maps and is there any difference between them?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:36 AM PST

    Really gotten into hunting down treasure maps and need more.

    Ps Jennifer's maps always seem to give loads of cash is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Merlance13
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for Primitive Mode (Challenge)

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 07:54 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm new to this Subreddit as of today. I just started playing the game two weeks ago on my low key laptop and glad I could play a game on it that doesn't cause my computer to implode. I am a huge fan of Ark survival evolved but my PS4 broke a while back and I can't get it fixed due to the you know what. So I looked for new survival games and I have to say I'm impressed with the simplicity and enjoyment of this game considering it's from like 2013 with Alpha 19 right now I'm having loads of fun.

    In the future I will be challenging myself with a primitive only play through and such modes exist in Ark and I was wondering if it is possible to download a mod for a more primitive play style (I don't do mods at all so I don't even know if this is a thing).

    I have enough self control to be able to do this without a mod but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

    I'm devouring this game right now and I feel like I'm going to over extend myself at some point so this would be a fun idea for the future to spice things up. Because obviously restricting yourself to basic primitive items would be a mega challenge so a mod could add elements to make it easier.

    Primitive Mode Restrictions: - No Guns - No Electricity - No Gas - No metalwork passed iron - No baseball bats, batons and other 20th century's stuff.

    Any other ideas ? For anyone who maybe has done something like this before? Thank you

    submitted by /u/Truniq
    [link] [comments]

    Undead Leagacy Mod Issues

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 12:37 PM PST

    Anyone having issues with crashing with this mod? Cant seem to play more than a few mins before it crashes. Any known issues? (apart from it being a mod to a game in alpha!) Looks like a great mod. Thanks again to the mod designers out there.

    submitted by /u/JacobiteRebel
    [link] [comments]

    Mad's GraveYard - 7 Days To Die Server / noob friendly

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 12:17 PM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I am looking for players to join the Mad's GraveYard - 7 Days To Die Server !

    Mad's GraveYard is a Modded 7 Days To Die Server. Europe based server and Noob friendly !

    The server has a custom generated map (8k map) with a lot of towns and cities ! The server currently supports up to 12 players.

    You can find the server ingame, look for Mad's GraveYard

    Server Info link: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/7dtd/9231644

    Hope to see you there !

    submitted by /u/Madnesske
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel