• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 17, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - January 17, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - January 17, 2019


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - January 17, 2019

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Seems about right

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 03:46 AM PST

    Don't put trigger group mods on your nail gun. It will crash the game.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 06:35 PM PST

    I put a burst mod on my nail gun it went to -2 since it can only hold 10 bullets. I was then unable to loot and had to restart, my dedicated server wouldn't even acknowledge any commands when i tried to shutdown the server.

    Later on I tried to put the fully auto mod on my nail gun and wanted to show my friends that were logged on. As soon as I shot it the nails went to -996 and both of my friends froze in place on my screen and I froze in place on their screen. I was able to actually shutdown the server. But still just a warning to people about the nail gun mods.

    Edit: Ok I am currently unable to log back into the server. my friends are not having an issue, I think it has to do with the -amo that i had in the weapon when i logged off.

    It has actually corrupted my player account. I am unable to log into the server with my account and if I do then the server crashes for everyone that is logged into the game.

    in the end I just deleted my player saved file and began the game with a new character, gave myself enough xp to get back to the level that i was at and luckily about half of my gear wasnt on me but i still lost some mods and stuff but I am back to playing.

    submitted by /u/Delta-Sniper
    [link] [comments]

    feel free to join my game!

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 07:41 PM PST

    add me on steam, username is upperautomatic
    pve, zombies only run at night, adventurer difficulty, feral zombies jog, 60 minute day length, 18 hours of daylight, ask about any other details if you're curious :D

    submitted by /u/babymandeaux
    [link] [comments]

    Block glitches

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 08:59 PM PST

    I've noticed after some of my flagstone blocks get destroyed that I can't place a new one in that spot. I've destroyed blocks around it to reset it but no luck. Wondering if other people have had a similar issue and what you've done to fix it?

    submitted by /u/andiamlars6384
    [link] [comments]

    When queuing things to be processed in a forge/campfire/chemistry station, leaving the UI negates any perks that decrease production time.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 01:38 PM PST

    I understand what is going on in terms of how the game creates this (it is removing the processing time bonus due to perks) but is this intentional or a bug? If it is intentional, why is the game trying to make me not play it?

    submitted by /u/Jents217
    [link] [comments]

    Holly Sh...! Zombie Bear Horde

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 10:34 PM PST

    Holly Sh...! Zombie Bear Horde

    I have finished looting junk yard and was on my marry way out loaded with stuff when I turned around to see horde of two zombie bears and couple of zombie dogs spawn and run past me stopping where I was standing just couple of seconds ago. Fortunately they did not see me. Have I been just little bit late, that would have been end of me. Playing dead is dead, level 55 and day 39. AI can be very unfair at times trying to kill you.

    .

    https://i.redd.it/l0147usfm4b21.jpg

    submitted by /u/arrasas
    [link] [comments]

    Blood moon, base day 475

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 05:03 AM PST

    sORRY, if i posted already. but i want somebody to play with lol :(

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 07:51 PM PST

    username is upperautomatic, i have a game running that's pve and i would like some people to play with. ask me about the game rules if you're curious :D

    submitted by /u/babymandeaux
    [link] [comments]

    Stay Down perk

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 03:35 PM PST

    I was wondering if the Stay Down perk works with sledgehammers too. Cause the description only mentions clubs. BTW, I'm playing on Alpha 17 (b240).

    submitted by /u/kutul
    [link] [comments]

    Any HIMYM fans here?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 06:37 PM PST

    Is there a way to increase the draw distance for user created blocks?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 12:34 PM PST

    I built a large viewing platform on top of a mountain, and If I get a certain distance away from this large creation, it pops out, and disappears, although i can still see the mountain. How can I be a farther distance away and still see a huge build?

    submitted by /u/266150
    [link] [comments]

    Don't think this will work much longer

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 10:43 AM PST

    Do you have these twerking cops? New YMCA?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 02:29 PM PST

    4x4 inventory

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 04:28 PM PST

    Is there a way to make it so that a person that didn't place a vehicle can access it's inventory? Looked through the xmls but didn't see anything.

    The main reason is because when me and my wife go out, if we use one 4x4 to go out then we have to resort to putting things in a loot box and the other picking it up to put it in the jeep. Which is more annoying than anything else.

    submitted by /u/Theoderelict
    [link] [comments]

    Treasure Maps

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 12:40 PM PST

    Are these still in game? I've been playing for awhile and never seen one.

    submitted by /u/delpisoul
    [link] [comments]

    How to gain FPS without changing the settings. You may or may not know this. (FOR LAPTOP USERS)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 05:04 PM PST

    You may or may not know this but there is a simple yet effect way.
    If you have you pc plugged in and charging while you play your game then you'll get better FPS.

    Cause when I play without the charger charging my laptop it's laggy and jittery with frames but as soon as I turn on my charger on then all of it clears and I get smooth... smooth enough game play.

    submitted by /u/TheHiddenYouTuber
    [link] [comments]

    Picking up workbenches, etc. On A17 B9?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 07:14 AM PST

    I've seen people say that you can pick up your objects as long as its within your land claim zone. I cant get it to work?

    submitted by /u/Phrich
    [link] [comments]

    My personal issues with the game's development

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 04:14 AM PST

    Many of you may have seen my comments recently about this game. I tend to be very critical of the game at this point. I've been here, mostly silently since day 1. It is in fact, the last kickstarter/early access I've contributed to. Some of you wildly defend many of the comments I make without understanding the root of my frustration. So much potential to be a really great game.

    Rather than go on a rant, I wanted to offer the reasons why I'm frustrated with the Fun Pimps instead of the what I'm frustrated with the game.

    • It's been 8 + years in development

    The game started being developed in 2011 and it wasn't until 2013 that the game hit kickstarter. There was an optimistic promise of a 2014 release.

    • Assets purchased directly from Unity marketplace

    Shortly after it's release on Steam, fall 2013, it was hit with a copyright strike. Why? It was an honest misunderstanding, no fault to the fun pimps. An asset they purchased in the unity story was copywritten, they didn't know etc. Ok.

    https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-7-Days-Die-Was-Removed-From-Steam-60086.html

    This means though that they were and possibly still are purchasing things from the unity marketplace. Is this wrong? No. Not at all. It's a perfectly valid way to flush out your game. It's almost like hiring a free lancer but you're getting prêt-à-porter instead bespoke. No biggie. but unity marketplace still in alpha at the 8+ year mark?

    From best I can tell:

    mocap for zombie movement

    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/zombie-pro-mocap-animation-pack-47059

    zombie pack

    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/zombie-repack-86017

    you know what. instead of me listing all of them, just, if you're interested just search for zombie over there. Needless to say, it's a good deal of assets. In fairness, again this is perfectly valid way of flushing out your game.

    However, the first stretch goal was to hire programmers and artists... Maybe they did that. But it doesn't look like it.

    Dead or life support list of features promised at kickstarter

    • dynamic story generation system (no story and the freaking starter quest doesn't count)
    • the dsg (above) guides the players to other survivors (and no the trader doesn't count) ***
    • "hunt, track or domesticate a multitude of wildlife to live off the land" - 2 out of 3 ain't bad but there ain't no multitude. Deer/rabbit that's it
    • It talks about the tower defense aspect, and building up the fort, aspects which have been neglected or nerfed to a point that's just ridiculous.
    • Smell - Joel said that they removed it because it was too hard to convey to us, the user. I find that more than a little insulting, like I'm too dumb to understand stuff smells? Or take it the inverse, they're not smart enough to program it well and implement it efficiently into the game? Either way, not cool.
    • food and water having a quality level and purity level...
    • also food spoils
    • stealth system - really really broken right now
    • distraction system - not implemented as far as I can tell
    • xp and skill trees - the idea is to specialize but as many of us have seen in this last patch, early on you're pigeon holed into combat skills (at least on solo)
    • solo, coop, multi player - nope, it's all multiplayer if you're just by yourself
    • Zombie Nomad Mode - was this ever a thing or is this what we're being forced into?
    • creative user tools - build your own worlds... I mean we do have mods but not really a sweet of tools unless they're qualifying the server setup screen with the rng seed and the options and...
    • more special infected, with more abilities... they all pretty much do the same thing ... except
      • the screamer, (added alpha 13 - 2015 - can call reinforcements
      • burn victim - can set player on fire (never had this happen) - added alpha 2 - nov 2013
      • crawler zombie - added alpha 5 - dec 2013 - crawls... anklebiter
      • feral wight - added alpha 15 - oct 2016 - can run and is stronger
      • cop - added alpha 1 - 9/12/2013 - cops run and explode or spit melty goo
      • spider zombie alpha 2 - alpha 15 - oct 2016
      • team z player football zombie - can run (makes no sense)
      • behemoth (unimplemented) wiki shows alpha 18... previously alpha 17... previously... you get the idea
    • no Tom Clark zombie

    *** NOTE: other people have mentioned the traders but honestly there's some maps where there isn't a trader, not to mention as one user posted, They are god like beings full of powers unseen by us mortals. Their land is protected, they have telekinetic powers to teleport players outside the base...

    Add up my hard earned money plus the potential this game has versus what they haven't finished in 8+ freaking years and then pile on the half a million kick starter money and the 2 million + in sales they've gotten (according to steam numbers ) plus the xbox/ps version sales... why are we still in alpha?

    That's the crux of my personal frustration is "WHY ARE WE STILL IN ALPHA?" And that's not a call to push it to market as a competed game tomorrow and throw your hands up. I'm not calling for it to join Duke Nukem Forever in the great halls of Vaporware. But come on.

    I know I'll get shit for this. "Why are you here?" I'm an investor. I put my money in. I know you puts your money and you take your chances but that doesn't mean I don't get to call them out on their shit.

    8+ years going on 9... average development time for a triple a game is 18 to 36 months. Indy game 5 years. They're approaching double the average indy time. Keep in mind they've had a triple a budget or it looks that way. 24.99 (steam cost not counting for sales, etc) * the minimum 2million owners, almost 50 million. That's just in sales. Assuming they're on the low end of that 2 million sale mark.

    submitted by /u/psychicash
    [link] [comments]

    When will 17.1 become available for update on Steam?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 10:14 AM PST

    This is the first update since I've started playing. I haven't seen the update yet when launching the game, what's the delay usually like for these kinds of patches?

    submitted by /u/muzzio
    [link] [comments]

    A17 Frame Issues (Looking for settings)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 09:45 AM PST

    Hi all,

    In A16 I was able to run pretty good settings and get near 60 frames. Now in A17 I run the same settings and get just about 30 frames. Was just wondering what settings people were using for A17.

    Processor: Intel i7 6700 3.40GHz

    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

    RAM: 8 GB

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/samhubsd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel