• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 24, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - January 24, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - January 24, 2019


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - January 24, 2019

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 09:11 AM PST

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When you step on a land mine, so you walk back 15 minutes to grab your bag, but you step on another land mine when you get there.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 05:18 PM PST

    Sleeper zombies are evil, and so are the level designers

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 03:42 PM PST

    So I haven't played this game in years, I hop on new game level 1 and get a wood club. I see a big factory/packing building and think "I'll go quickly gather a bit of loot and it looks well fortified" so I go inside and am greeted too about 5 zombies, I killed around 3 while running around rooms shutting down killing 1 by one, I though it was under control until about another 8 came from a hall way, I ran down a hall way and locked myself in a packing room of sorts, then they flooded through, and more and more zombies joined them.

    Now I get too this conveyer belt and they are all coming, there's a zombie blocking it however. so I hit him and crouched down and just about made it, just to drop down too the other side and be greeted by about 5 more in a small space, so I ran through a door, shut it and went "Phew" Only for another two zombies to be in there with me, so I quickly bolted out of there shut the door and went into another hall way, only for there to be about another 5 there as well. By then all the whole entire facility was trying to get me. So I kept running past them, until I got too a ramp with a couple more of them in, by this point there was atleast 30-50 zombies chasing me in this factory and I was getting around 20fps

    Now I'm on the higher level they are flooding through and I go to jump and get too this ledge, well the level designers put around 7 THICK SPIKES, so now I was forced to jump through an exposed broken opening on this roof level, I jumped and broke my leg, just too be greeted by around 20 zombies in a big hallway, now a bunch was dropping down too. Both my exits was blocked so I ran in the toilet and hid in a toilet while the zombies was breaking the door. But I had no door to shut so I was exposed, I was well hidden for a few second until they spotted me and well I died.

    That was fun.

    TLDR : The level designers are evil!!!! I also couldn't escape as the windows had 3k HP

    submitted by /u/vBlaydon
    [link] [comments]

    Everything's fine here officer!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 06:32 AM PST

    I'm going to be making custom mods

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 05:02 PM PST

    Does anyone have any good resources on starting to mod 7 days? Links to forums or videos would be great!

    I've been able to make a simple item mod, and I'm currently trying to learn from other mods, like Firearms.

    Does anyone know how to go about adding custom models?

    Also, I'm kinda wanting to make a small mod pack, some furniture with purpose, like beekeeping or planters. I'm also wanting to make a few custom weapons, like throwing knives, swords, or maybe some black powder rifles. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

    submitted by /u/SirEdington
    [link] [comments]

    How can I tell when I'm detected in alpha 17

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 03:20 PM PST

    When you crouch you now have that bar, how high/low does it have to be before your detected?

    submitted by /u/vBlaydon
    [link] [comments]

    Some ideas that may make the game even better !

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 03:22 AM PST

    These are some ideas that I feel are worth to be implemented in the game, officially or through mods.

    + Fishing

    The net, the fishing rod or the fishing traps can be added to the game as well as a fishing talent.

    + More water sources.

    For generated maps we should have the option to create water wells, sometimes these maps don't have fresh water sources or are very hard to reach.

    I took this idea from this future mod posted here by u/Jayick

    Upcoming Farming and building modlet! Giving some life to the lands around our bases.

    u/cheeseguy3412: As an alternate way of making a water source - allow the player to dig a pit and lay down a lining of some sort. When it rains, water source blocks will be generated on top of it provided that the elevation is lower than the surrounding blocks. Only allow water generation on top of the liner, the goal being to avoid lag of water sources generating everywhere.

    + Cartography talent, share maps to friends.

    Reveal a part of the explored area to a friend through a map item. Depending of the level of this, player could draw bigger maps or buy maps from the trader.

    + Beast master talent, tame dogs / farm animals

    These dogs may be able to help the player in many ways, attacking zombies, carrying objects, etc. There could be also a chance that the dogs could turn after being attacked by zombies.

    Raise farm animals to extend food sources, this idea comes from the mentioned post, posted by u/Jayick

    + Mobile Base

    u/cheeseguy3412: I've seen short buses around, why not allow the player to salvage one into a vehicle? This would be great for players that want to move their bases, or for players that want to live as a nomad. Additionally, add in crafting stations in the form of vehicle modifications for it. Slot in a chem station mod, and it adds a chem station UI to the bus. Slot in a workbench, and it adds one to the radial menu, etc.

    + Vehicle customization

    u/cheeseguy3412: Modifications for vehicles: Bigger Engine, Armor plates, increased torque, more spikes (for additional zombie damage), storage capacity upgrade (perhaps applies % speed debuff if loaded down)

    u/Pezmon

    I'd like more vehicle customisation and RV's. Mobile base!

    + Electric garage doors and bridges with proximity sensor.

    The garage door / bridge opens automatically when it detects a near vehicle with the motion sensor.

    + Gas system to auto fill vehicles source

    A system where you have a 10 Liter Gas can or large storage which you can build for storing gas and then be able to build a pump line inside your base where you just fill up your gas if your car is parked near and you can upgrade the pump speed with a jockey pump and electricity! Instead of just consuming thousands of gas cans. (this idea makes me get goosebumps)

    + Water biomes, boats.

    + Steam workshop integration. Suggested by u/LemonIceTea420

    Install mods with few clicks at the steam workshop.

    Multiple end-game objectives, ways to win the game.

    + Kill all the zombie lords/bosses.

    Zombie lords: Evil zombies with a certain level of intelligence whom are responsible of the zombie hordes every 7 days.

    Possible implementation: Locate and kill every zombie lord in the map. Complete trader missions to get clues about their locations.

    + Escape the quarantine zone

    There is an airdrop that comes periodically, based on this we can deduct that there is a way to escape from the rad zone flying and there is also life outside.

    Possible implementation: Player will need to get a rad suit, a gyrocopter, and fly through the radiation zone using it.

    + Unraideable base.

    Possible implementation: Survive X blood moon hordes consecutively without dying or abandoning the claiming block or base area during the assault.

    Post updates:

    24/01/2019

    Edit 1 - added more ideas

    • Electric garage doors and bridges with proximity sensor.
    • Gas system to auto fill vehicles source
    • Water biomes, boats.
    • Steam workshop integration. Suggested by u/LemonIceTea420
    • Mobile Base
    • Vehicle customization

    Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language

    submitted by /u/gnome000
    [link] [comments]

    Older version

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 03:27 PM PST

    Is there a way to switch to an older version? They changed too much of the core mechanics with 17 for my liking.

    submitted by /u/supercondor
    [link] [comments]

    Vehicle speed ratings

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 11:41 AM PST

    The vehicles post a speed but it's not a full picture. I wanted to help out with that. For example, the motorcycle has an in game speed listing of 14 meters per second (m/s). The full explanation is that it has a normal speed of 9 m/s and a sprint speed of 14 m/s. This in relation to the real world time. So you can travel 14 meters in 1 real world second. That would be 50 kilometers per hour (kph).

    However, this isn't totally helpful since time passes differently in game. So I did a little nerding and converted it to an in game speed/time. This helps with knowing if you can reach the trader before he closes or if you'll make it to the horde base in time. The motorcycle has a sprint speed of 14 and that works out to 2.1 kph. You will travel 2.1 kilometers for 1 in game hour. This is with a 60 real minute per game day. The 90 minute day gives 3.1 kph.

    The math: <speed rating> / (1440 / <IRL minutes per game day>) * 60 * 60 / 1000

    I checked it in game and it works out pretty well. Close enough for me anyway.

    I tagged this with PC but I don't see why it wouldn't apply to the Xbox version too.

    submitted by /u/MIC_Rulz
    [link] [comments]

    Beakers???

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 01:47 PM PST

    Okay so it is day like 43 and I have only found ONE beaker the entire game. None have been for sale at either of the two merchants and the only Pop in Pills I have found thus far didn't have a Pop in Pills crate... and only a single drug shelf. So any advice? is this a glitch? I am pretty sure they shouldn't be this rare.

    submitted by /u/Alpha5721
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a tier list for construction materials for bases?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 12:29 PM PST

    I saw this list of different building materials on the wiki, but it lists bricks as having 1200 durability vs cobblestone which has 1500. Bricks need to be made in a forge, cobblestone you can get on day 1, that can't be right.

    Is there a tier list of building materials for a17.1?

    submitted by /u/Reliques
    [link] [comments]

    [Suggestion] Shining some light on the subject of light

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 12:15 PM PST

    Light is absolutely imperative at night and should be in dark areas (When the shaders are working anyhow, I've noticed some buildings are well lit without sources during the day) but as it stands options are pretty limited on the low end.

    On the high end, if I recall you can get nightvision (or was it indev?) Flashlight attachments and mods for armor let alone electric generators and lights for your base.

    On the medium end, once you've "Found" animal fat you can start crafting torches which come with the tradeoff of creating heat. They make decent weapons in a pinch which is good because you're going to need to hold it to see anything unless you can quickly place it on a surface.

    What of the low end? We don't really have much that can be duct-taped together, so to speak. In the event you lose your starter torch, you're kinda SoL in some cases. Food, water is always available in the wild, but not light. So my suggestions:


    • The Tin-can lantern

    Taking a tin can, poking some holes in it and adding grass you can create a rudimentary lantern. It only creates as much light as a candle, but you can carry this around and/or place it. Cannot be hung on walls.

    Likewise there is a version that functions as a mod for clothing/armor that can be placed on your pants in the form of a belt-hung lantern.

    If lights ever require batteries/fuel, this would be the least efficient.

    • Glass lantern

    A step up from the Tin-Can lantern, this creates as much light as a torch but cannot be used as a weapon. It can be placed on walls and floors. It requires actual glass material, gas and wood, but being that gas can be salvaged with a wrench this makes it relatively easy to make.

    A cool feature of the lantern is that, while you can't attack with it, you can change how it lights an area. Hitting the attack button toggles between an "open" mode in which it lights an area to its fullest or a "Narrowed" mode where it lights only a cone in front of you, being more subtle than a torch and closer to a flashlight in terms of visibility/awareness.

    submitted by /u/kriegson
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble adjusting vehicle speed.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 07:48 PM PST

    Trying to mod a dedicated server a bit and want the vehicles to go a bit faster. I have tried changing the max velocity and engine torque in the items xml file, but doesnt seem to make an impact. Anyone know whats up?

    submitted by /u/sealsfood
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Editing RWG worlds

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 07:41 PM PST

    I'm completely new to this just realized this was a feature now. I am wondering how to edit a rwg map. For instance put towns in certain places or buildings around the map. I just want to make a custom map.

    submitted by /u/JackDeezy47
    [link] [comments]

    Grace

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 10:28 AM PST

    Anybody run into her yet?

    If so, anybody have tips on cleaning soiled pants?...asking for a friend.

    submitted by /u/VitruvianJay
    [link] [comments]

    Need Good Seeds for Alpha 17.1!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 06:49 PM PST

    I'm looking for good random gen seeds. I am looking specifically with a big town or city in a forest biome. If anyone has a good seed please share it with me! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JackDeezy47
    [link] [comments]

    Tried googling and nexus, is there a mod that scales the perks up to 20 and 10 respectively for those of us that want to keep leveling?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 12:39 PM PST

    I know it would make the character overpowered, but at level 200+ I feel I kind of should be. I'm looking for more damage per block while mining amongst other things.

    Most mods I can find are for A16. I don't know enough about modding the perk/progression system to scale it so that points in strength over 10 add up properly, and to make it work with steroids and the like.

    If it's a modlet, even better.

    Thank you for helping me look, I have tried nexus, google, the 7dtd forum, and I can't quite find what I'm looking for.

    -- EE

    submitted by /u/ErraticEngineer
    [link] [comments]

    Rules on server 'advertising'?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 02:48 PM PST

    Just wanted to check, a group of us have a server and are lookin to get some regulars wanting a friendly/chill server.

    Not gonna post the name in case this kind of advertising isn't allowed, but some details:

    • PvP, so naturally a given, no real rules surrounding raiding, looting, etc.

    • 250% loot

    • 2x XP

    • Start with a 4x4, mining helmet, pistol, and wrench.

    • No gameplay mods, we have one that shows food/water in the corner. Otherwise it's the standard game with the modified settings above

    If this isn't allowed I guess delete it or let me know, if interested.

    submitted by /u/StrangeHand
    [link] [comments]

    Provided I have killed all zeds in the nearby area, will digging in the night attract attention?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 08:31 AM PST

    I am in an abandoned building with land claim block in it and a bedroll. I have killed all zeds within a 20x20 area of my house. If I dig in the night, will it attract zeds? I ask because sometimes zeds can spawn right on top of the building you are trying to clear.

    submitted by /u/BigBootyBear
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for melee focused character in alpha 17?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 08:27 AM PST

    I like the idea of being melee focused the majority of the time, using guns primarily for bloodmoon horde only. But I'm having difficulty dissecting exactly how things work in the new version. Some questions:

    1) what is your favorite melee weapon at the moment? Favorite mods? I have been mainly using iron reinforced club so far but am considering switching to iron fireaxe.

    2) any stamina tips? this is my biggest issue right now esp with power attacks. I am slowly leveling Trex but obviously that only does so much. Did you guys take a few levels of agility?

    Also I believe coffee and beer can boost stamina regen- is this correct? Are there any other buffs that help with stamina?

    3) any particular perks that you have really found useful? I am planning on focusing on Trex, stay down, skull crusher, pain tolerance, and healing factor.

    I was also considering heavy metal but am not sure which weapons are included in this group aside from sledge hammer- does it work with axes?

    4) are you guys wearing armor? What kind and how useful is it in the later game?

    Thanks, would love to get a discussion going about this.

    submitted by /u/Spraynard1979
    [link] [comments]

    My water won’t increase while drinking on server after patch

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 05:11 PM PST

    I can drink and drink but my water/hydration level stays at 43/max

    Glitch?

    submitted by /u/JickRames
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to transfer players (inventory and levels) to another world?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 05:05 PM PST

    I was hosting a world with a friend and I'm pretty sure the world got corrupted. We're fine with starting another world but we were looting for 5 days straight with crucial equipment and we really don't want to restart. Is it possible I can transfer our characters (including inventory and levels) to a new world?

    submitted by /u/Srgtgunnr
    [link] [comments]

    Does artificial light (lamps) attract zeds?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 07:17 AM PST

    I have in my abandoned house an active lamp. Will that light attract zeds?

    submitted by /u/BigBootyBear
    [link] [comments]

    Size of Day 7 Hordes?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 10:39 AM PST

    Hi guys, my friend and I have been playing this game since Alpha 6 - we have a current game ongoing and had a question regarding the Day 7 Hordes in the new Alpha 17 patch.

    We seem to be getting an absolutely overwhelming amount of zombies in this patch - is this normal now? I'm talking easily over 80 zombies on day 14. I don't remember getting anywhere near that many that early. Later in the game, sure, but 80 on week 2 seems a lot.

    Context:

    Day 7 had an unusually large number of zombies but nothing we couldn't overcome. We weren't very high level and had barely enough resources to keep them at bay.

    Day 14, on the other hand, seemed far, far worse. There were about 8 dogs, several wolves, a few zombie cops & 80+ regular zombies. Now I'm unsure how heat works in this patch so there could be some mitigating factors. We had been running the forge 24/7 for a couple of days and did manage to piss off a chain of 3 screamers in the daytime on Day 14. We were both at Level 25 and managed to survive but only thanks to us basically cheesing the game by removing the stairs & shooting down into the melee. We wouldn't have stood a chance in a fortified "regular" building as they tore through our concrete & metal doors like they were made of paper.

    Settings: We are on Nomad difficulty and have 8 zombies per person on a blood moon.

    Is this a normal number of zombies now? Or did we aggravate the number by running the forge and annoying a lot of screamers on Day 14?

    submitted by /u/TheMerseyMaestro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel