• Breaking News

    Friday, January 25, 2019

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday - January 25, 2019

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday - January 25, 2019


    Friend Finder Friday - January 25, 2019

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:11 AM PST

    Are you tired of surviving alone? Ever wish you had a friend help you through horde nights? Have you ever been so lonely you spawned and placed a zombie corpse in your base to keep you company(You know who you are!)?

    If so, you've come to the right place. By posting here you can find friends to play and survive with! Remember, you don't need to be faster than the zombies just faster than your friends ;)

    Please leave your Steam/XB1/PSN name, what time zone you're in and works best for you, and (If you're on PC) any mods you may be using.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    In response to kriegson, small stones do not work on sleepers.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:47 PM PST

    PSA: You can throw small stones to distract zeds

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:46 AM PST

    This can help with the zed-laden PoI's when you can throw a rock in to get the zeds to reveal themselves, or to run around a corner and throw a rock in the opposite direction to draw off some zeds.

    Not sure it's ever explained anywhere. Snowballs might function similarly but if they do, it's not as effective.

    submitted by /u/kriegson
    [link] [comments]

    Construction Tier Spreadsheet

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 11:26 AM PST

    I made a spreadsheet showing the progression of some of the building materials in response to another post.

    Figured I'd share it here for everyone.

    7DTD Construction Progression

    This is for build Alpha 17.1 (b9).

    Edit: Thank you for the gold kind stranger!

    submitted by /u/bsnowb
    [link] [comments]

    i'd play more if the gameplay weren't centered around glitching bad ai

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:56 PM PST

    • base design
    • combat
    • poi clearing

    every part of this game ends up being an ai-cheesing test. there are old SNES games with better and more varied AI and they only had 3 Mhz and 32 mbits of ram. seriously, after like 5 years of development the best they could come up with is a bad implementation of A* that switches to aoe damage railroading after failure? TFP need to swallow their pride and hire someone who actually knows how to program AI in games. every single type of zombie needs a different set of behavior and the behavior needs to be stochastic, not deterministic.

    running backwards and swinging at zombies that formed a conga line is not fun and base building at this point is like a remedial kongregate tower defense game except it doesn't even have towers.

    submitted by /u/xi88_
    [link] [comments]

    Her motorcycle teleported and got stuck ��

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:46 AM PST

    The new pois are amazing but I have one small complaint

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:15 AM PST

    First off they obviously out a lot of time into them. I'm in diersville right now, and each house is unique, rewarding, and feels like someone actually lived there. My only issue is that each house has at least 15 zombies, which feels unrealistic. Don't get me wrong, I like having zombies jumpscaring you behind doors or closets but at some point it's too much. I know that they would be easier with less zombies, but is their some way to balance it so each house is still challenging but not also a huge fustercluck?

    submitted by /u/Bicepticlops
    [link] [comments]

    New here, is alpha 17 vanilla fine for someone who wants to play single player?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:53 PM PST

    Since all the big mods are not yet updated I was wondering if I should wait. If not, is there some kind of modlets you would recommend or settings in other to accelerate some part (i'm a casual/solo player)?

    submitted by /u/Skibity
    [link] [comments]

    Invisible wall? After server restart one of the bikes cant be used :(

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:07 AM PST

    Does the Heavy Armor perk actually function?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:09 PM PST

    Long story short, I've put a few points into the heavy armor skill, which should increase my armor by 20%, however this is not reflected in the character menu.

    Has anyone tested if the perk actually functions as stated in its tooltip, on a17.1?

    submitted by /u/fairlyrandom
    [link] [comments]

    Serious mining bug

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:06 PM PST

    I don't know if this is a known issue ,but this bug happened twice. Once with a simple pickaxe where the damage I was dealing was a clear 50. I was not getting resources from destroying whatever I was hitting (rocks mostly). That means I got only half of the resources I was supposed to get.

    Same thing just happened with an auger. I have it level 1 quality and it deals 50 damage per strike (both construction perks maxed out) and it is NOT giving ANY resources upon destroying blocks . It gives the destruction resources when it does less than 50 damage which is when it is less than half durability.

    This bug is really frustrating because as I miner I sometimes get half the experience and resources . Please fix it in the next patch. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Hollowprime
    [link] [comments]

    Could i pull off a raised city base on pillars in the current build?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:23 PM PST

    It's currently day 3 on my a17.1 save and i want to make a "raised city" base with thick pillars and 4 ramp and fall defenses on all 4 sides of the base, and pillars on top of my base with sentry turrets for vultures. Would this be a viable base? How does the AI work as of 17.1?

    submitted by /u/HerobrineHunter01
    [link] [comments]

    What graphical setting do I need to change to keep this from happening?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:02 PM PST

    Does the Compound Bow Benefit from the Archery Perk?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:43 PM PST

    I tested the compound bow a couple of patches back to see if the archery perk helped it at all and I couldn't tell a difference. Could someone tell me if they've fixed that yet? I'd really like a bow that fires pretty fast and that perk would be amazing if it worked.

    submitted by /u/Sanctum84
    [link] [comments]

    What in the RWG determines lakes/rivers?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:22 PM PST

    Ive been messing with biomes and city spawning a bit.

    Ide also like to add more rivers/lakes because as of right now there are virtually none. What do i need to do? When i set the water height too high it locks up on generating water data forever. The difference between 45 and 47 is it taking less than a minute to taking about 20 minutes on water alone.

    submitted by /u/B-Dubb8
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most effective way to hunt? I'm talking resource gathering as fast as possible.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 01:13 PM PST

    So my buddy and I want to craft our first 4x4, and honestly what's stopping us is glue and duct tape. We used a hell of a lot to upgrade our weapons, make mods, etc, infact we had been gathering a lot since our first night (it's now night 32 or 33?). Bones? Yeah we used all those up! Lootable areas? Those aren't going to respawn loot for many nights, so were thinking since we have all the hunting gear, we may as well go on a bit of a big game hunt to find the materials we need (cloth isn't a problem for us. Cotton plantation), problem is we can never find animals when we need them!

    Is there some neat tricks or tips we can use to attract a pack of zombie bears? Zombie dogs would be fine! Literally give a dog a bone here, because that's all were looking to accumulate!

    submitted by /u/Kpenney
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for original config file

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 04:21 PM PST

    Hey guys I was wondering if someone knew where I could pick up an original unedited server config file? I overwrite mine and need to update my server with a newer one.

    submitted by /u/joho_the_king
    [link] [comments]

    Editing Data and rwgmixer for maps

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:26 AM PST

    I'm trying to make a map that's completely forest and has a few cities but I am lost. I tried using rwgmixer but I can't load a rwg world now. I just need a guide on how to use rwgmixer and editing biome files in 7 days to die folders.

    submitted by /u/JackDeezy47
    [link] [comments]

    How to craft herbal antibiotics?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:10 PM PST

    I can't figure out how to do it. There are old webpost about a book but it also looks like the book was removed.

    Do I just need skills? If so, which?

    submitted by /u/delpisoul
    [link] [comments]

    What is the new horde tower meta?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:22 AM PST

    We have been doing ok on horde nights using the waterworks steel water tower as a horde tower along with various traps and kill boxes but its about time for us to build a purpose built structure.

    I was wondering what horde tower meta everyone is using now that zombies have the nervous breakdown ability and bash everything? In the past we used the ramp design but that's apparently out now.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Gorilla51
    [link] [comments]

    LGSM Server, server admins file help

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 03:51 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I recently started hosting a server of my own for me and a couple of friends using LGSM. Everything is working fine, we can all join, updating it, etc. I then wanted the ability to be an admin on my server, there was a weird bug that wiped my inventory and I wanted to give myself a few items but I cannot figure out how to give myself mod access.

    I am running the server using LGSM, on centos 7 standard esxi virtual machine. I tried modifying the server admins files, but everytime I start the server, it wipes the file out. Googling pointed me to another default file, which is overriding the file which is loaded by the server but I have no idea where the "default" file is... Is this intended behavior? How can I make myself a mod?

    submitted by /u/dwaynemartins
    [link] [comments]

    Question about perks and skills and them stacking.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:59 AM PST

    Do the perks stack with themselves? Example: pack mule stacks with itself, obviously, where the previous level of the perk is not overridden, but is instead added onto the already existing effect, giving level 2 for example giving 4 + 5 extra slots, while level 3 gives another 6, leading to 15 extra slots.

    In some cases it's clearly worded so that you can't misinterpret, for example the agility attribute or fortitude attribute. I know for a fact that "Living off the land" doesn't stack with itself, the previous iteration is gets overridden. However, practically everything else is extremely ambiguous. Is there anywhere that I could find which ones stack and which one don't?

    submitted by /u/BeaversAndExiles
    [link] [comments]

    Mod Request: Clear Reflex Sight

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:22 AM PST

    Could an aspiring mod maker please mod the reflex sight to be clean of the red marks and scratches that it has? Its my favorite sight but the 'extra details' it has makes it harder to use. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/contarious
    [link] [comments]

    How do you go about clearing basement houses?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:05 AM PST

    Almost every house in diresville has a dark as hell basement with dogs, zeds and spikes. Add to that collapsing floors and thats why im scared shitless of going in there.

    How do you clear these hellholes? Right now I have no portable light source so I am not even trying to touch them cause they are SO dark. Do you need shotguns and mining helmets to clear these houses or is there a trick?

    submitted by /u/BigBootyBear
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel