• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 23, 2019

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - January 23, 2019

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - January 23, 2019


    Wildcard Wednesday - January 23, 2019

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Please use this thread to post anything you might have missed from the schedule below

    Day Topic
    Sunday Seedy Sunday
    Monday Modded Monday
    Tuesday Tips n' Tricks Tuesday
    Wednesday Wildcard Wednesday
    Thursday Base Tour/Showcase Thursday
    Friday Friend Finder Friday
    Saturday Streams/Let's Play Saturday
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wiggle wiggle wiggle

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 12:19 PM PST

    The most useless POI store jn A 17 is...

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 03:55 PM PST

    The book store. The book store sucks now. When I started a new game, my first objective was water, but then my second was food, and third was find that book store so I can learn a bunch of shit. Now I just got done raiding the crack a book HQ in Nav and all I have to show for it is a broken leg and some temporary buff magazines. I know that you can find blue prints there, but the best part about this POI use to be the fact that you learned some important info. Now I'll I have are things to sell (which at 300 dukes per isn't that bad) but I miss the excitement of finding that store and the subsequent disappointment when all it had was paper and 30 pistol books.

    submitted by /u/Jakethered_game
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU by trying to hide underground from the blood moon horde.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 02:09 PM PST

    So I'm kind of new at this. I played a few times died in the first day, so I turned down the difficulty, watched some youtubers, made a base with half block drops, survived about 28 days, though I was ready to go to normal difficulty. Booya!

    So I get a pretty strong start. I decided to make my base where the desert, wasteland, and char meet because I figure it's relatively close to everything. Sure I overheat a bit, but I eventually get a poncho.

    Day 6 approaches and I start thinking... can you do an underground base? I had raided the working stiff so I had a good pick and shovel. I dug straight down to bedrock, dug out a room, made myself a hidey-hole. Nice. Put ladders to the surface. All good. Put a hatch on top and even built a little building around it.

    So I thought... is this so far away that I could survive horde night? I built a ramp of flagstones with half-blocks just as a backup, but I figure it's first horde night, why not try it out?

    So 10pm comes.... music plays... get the shotgun... all quiet. Not bad. This could work.

    I start melting the sand in my forge, looking at what I can craft.

    Around midnight I start to hear zombie noises. I wonder if they're hitting on the building I made around my tunnel entrance.

    2am the noises are significantly louder. I look up the shaft... nothing. That's how I found out zombies can dig.

    They hadn't broken through yet so I figure I'd make a break for it to the surface so I grabbed my shotgun and tried to head to my ramp of death with the half-block drops. But as I get to the surface... no noise. no zombies. they're all digging I guess.

    So like a moron I go and look for the hole. I found it... and fell in, breaking my legs. I was about halfway down the hole. Those guys are excavators I tell you. I had not quite enough wood to get to the surface. I had to deconstruct a few frames I was carrying and then shovel out the last few blocks with broken legs.

    On the plus side I have a nice new entrance to my super secure underground base!

    submitted by /u/NWmba
    [link] [comments]

    This gave me a quick chuckle

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 09:44 AM PST

    "Lifetime" of dropped loot (xml?)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 05:03 AM PST

    Hi,

    hoping some modders could give me a quick hint on where to look at, since i never worked with the files before.

    Since they changed, that zombies no longer have lootable corpses but rather randomly drop loot i'm facing an issue especially on horde nights.

    I'm fine with the way it is, but what bothers me is the time i have to pick it up before it disappears.

    I'm playing at 120 minutes per day, so after my 4-6h of hordenight, most of the loot has already disappeared and i just end up wasting a bunch of ammo for nothing.

    Can i edit the XML files, so corpses / loot / whatever doesn't get deleted for X amount of (realtime / gametime)? If so, what lines / words do i seach for?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/CoReTeX2k
    [link] [comments]

    Stealth needs some tweaking

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 04:14 AM PST

    First of all, perk Ninja Movement is kind of underwhelming. Level 5 grants a mere 30% sneak speed increase. Going from snails pace to a slightly faster snail isn't that great.

    Second, your character makes significant noise when falling from any distance or when climbing ladders. I was about to sneak up on a player when my character dropped 10 centimeters from the curb to the road and made a grunt and thump noise as if I fell of a roof.

    My suggestion for Ninja Movement in addition to speed increase is to increase the height from which you can drop without making noise.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Cantautor
    [link] [comments]

    When you see a screamer on Alpha 17, Hardest difficulty

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 06:01 AM PST

    Can you go to Roswell?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 11:50 AM PST

    I see a sign that says Roswell 368 but it says don't go, just wondering if you could go there? Guessing not because it looks like a long walk but just wanted to know.

    submitted by /u/MausInTheHaus
    [link] [comments]

    Is mining over buffed?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 06:42 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/FBwMeYo

    Noticed I had a really high exp chain going. I got 65,000 exp in just under 20 minutes of mining iron in the desert.

    submitted by /u/Uglimudderkucker
    [link] [comments]

    Always Run vs. Nightmare?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 10:58 AM PST

    I did not play pre 17 so maybe they used to be the same thing but in the current settings, these are two different speeds. (Walk, Jog, Run, Sprint, Nightmare are the current options if I remember correctly.)

    When I watch JonahBirch and others on stream, sometimes the stream name will say Always Run, other times it will say Nightmare. Either way is crazy but I'm curious which setting they are actually using. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bsnowb
    [link] [comments]

    What blocks can you shoot through? A17

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 03:43 PM PST

    Looking for blocks I can stand on and shoot down through. I used to use the scrap metal panels but those don't exist anymore. Any options? I also tried the iron bars but they only stand vertically, so that doesn't help.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kateaclysm91
    [link] [comments]

    Just updated to 17.1 Have to say the water is pissing me off, I liked it better at 50%

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 07:19 PM PST

    Spawning question.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 06:27 PM PST

    So I'm trying to make some poi's on my server. When I spawn in different loot (safes, ammo bags, chests) they're empty when you break into them. Anyway to change that?

    submitted by /u/Im_a_Katie_Vick_guy
    [link] [comments]

    A17 Question for RWGMixer/Biome Modders Regarding Forced POI Spawning

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 12:12 PM PST

    Hey again peeps. So been searching the RWGMixer and Biome XML files and and my goals are:

    • Generate a small (1k sized) map of no specific biome configuration

    • Generate a single POI or model guaranteed to spawn near the center of the map and fit to the terrain

    I have been able to mod the game to create supersmall 1k maps, but the issue I am running into is that I can't seem to find a way to spawn POIs of larger sizes within the map that does generate.

    My assumption is that the road(s) are getting in the way and I haven't found a way to disable them myself. The map itself is mostly flat so I do not think the availability of level ground is the issue.

    It looks like old versions of the RWGMixer gen were able to force certain details into the generated world, but I haven't been able to find anything for the A17's.

    The only test I can think to do is mod how the interstate roads are created and reduce their size or move them around while forcing my custom POI into the wilderness, but I haven't figured out quite how to modify if/where/when any road is created.

    Do any modders have suggestions for where to possibly start? I'm looking for strictly XML-based modding and hoping to avoid pre-making the map like Navezgane but I'm not against it as a last resort.

    Thanks everybody!

    submitted by /u/DatapawWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know how to alter the 'Light' value of the Spotlights in A17?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 01:56 PM PST

    I just got to the point in my game where I could build spotlights and much to my dismay they are nowhere near as good as they were in the past. Almost pointless building them, they also seriously decreased the brightness on the minibike as well which is another annoyance.

    Does anybody know how to increase the light output of these (if it is even possible)? Also the distance would probably be useful too. I've tried adding a line to the blocks.xml file for the spotlight:

    <block name="spotlightPlayer"> ... default properties ... <property name="Light" value="100.0"/> 

    This is a value I noticed being used in the mod that adds the missing lights from A16. However, it doesn't seem to have any effect unless it is because it is overridden at some point or perhaps they are just hard coded values since the lighting overhaul...

    Also I am aware of the Overhaul mod HDHQ which does include a better spotlight. However, that spotlight doesn't require electricity and feels a bit cheaty. Might be my only option though.

    Figured somebody probably already has the answer so I'd ask before I go wasting time trying to figure it out myself.

    submitted by /u/KnightSirius
    [link] [comments]

    Another performance post

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 01:56 PM PST

    Sorry I know, I see you guys get this often, and I know its in Alpha so its unoptimized, I'm not here to complain just to ask for help

    I have an RX 580 8GB and I've been playing around with the video settings to see what I can turn up to the max without dipping below 60. I've noticed the worst offender is reflections quality, which with all other settings cranked up, AA and Sun shafts etc, the framerate nearly halves going from OFF to Near.

    What part of my computer is most effected by this? Its a real shame because this setting is the one that makes it look the greatest. I have an extra 8GB of RAM I can slap in but I doubt that will effect it at all.

    submitted by /u/AngryScandanavian
    [link] [comments]

    How do I use those handy creative tools I see in every video?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 04:55 AM PST

    Pretty much as title says in videos I keep seeing spawning zombies God mode ect... how do we use these tools I know how to have the creative menu but that is about it.

    submitted by /u/losttotheart
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to deal with heat/cold?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 01:12 PM PST

    You can't craft clothing right? Only armor, which doesn't protect you from the elements. I saw a skill that gives you environmental resistance, is that worth getting? I got a quest in the desert, but a few steps in and I'm overheating.

    And why is the solution to heat more clothes?

    submitted by /u/Reliques
    [link] [comments]

    How useful is the proximity of traders vs the availability of loot?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 10:43 AM PST

    So, I started up a new game the other night, having not played since a16. I'm on day five, at the top of a 4K map and have found myself right in the middle of three traders! All within 600m of where I've made my base. But... all the decent scavenging locations are quite a decent walk away - either in desert, or snow... both of which I can't handle yet.

    So, what I'm wondering, is does the proximity of traders offset the difficulty of loot availability in any way? And is there a way I can use the close proximity of multiple traders to my advantage?

    Also unfortunately, I've found myself right at the top of the map near the radiation zone... so I can only explore 180 degrees below my current position.

    submitted by /u/WildBoarMouse
    [link] [comments]

    Solo vs. Multiplayer, what is your favourite and why?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 12:29 PM PST

    Started a solo game , beat the crap out of 10 zombies with a wooden club. Managed to get my face eaten by 20 more, decided to stop playing solo game. 😂

    submitted by /u/daphyduck91
    [link] [comments]

    Edit care package drop zone?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 03:53 PM PST

    Is there any way to edit the drop zone to center on the player?

    I'm working on a youtube challenge, and the player can't leave a building/factory, so supplies not dropping a mile away would be great.

    submitted by /u/SirEdington
    [link] [comments]

    Shotgun Me-fuckin-ssiah

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 03:44 PM PST

    I never use to pay shotgun Messiah too much attention because all I got was a lot of low level gun parts, all the same and for a gun I already had might I add, but now that the gun parts are a thing of the past (thank God) they are amazing! If you don't have a gun the store probobly has it, and if you already have it well guess what? This is your new Cash cow because if you have a decent barter lvl you are gonna make bank!

    submitted by /u/Jakethered_game
    [link] [comments]

    Zombie variety?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 05:04 AM PST

    I've been playing this game a few years and I'm getting back into the groove. Are there any mods that give a greater variety of Zeds? Different skins perhaps?I love this game! I am just getting a little tired of killing the same zombies time and time again. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ShadowRun976
    [link] [comments]

    Easy variety, minimal work

    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 09:29 AM PST

    I have seen a post asking about more variety in the zombies. While I don't know exactly how necessary that is, I personally think it's alright with the current numbers, what I do think could be improved is sounds.

    I think if more sounds were added, as well as certain sounds becoming more narrowly and notably linked to specific zombies, even specific actions/behaviors that would really add a lot.

    I'm not saying every alert, aggro swap, spawn, and wake up needs a sound cue, but some more sound cues would be wonderful. If there was something like a 40% chance that a zombie would make a sound upon being alerted to your presence, that'd be really awesome.

    Other small details, like being more vocal when near other zombies (maybe for each zombie within range X, if runs the MakeSound? Check an additional time with a chance reduction Y%) triggering sounds like walking through debris

    This would also be great for the immersion, as I can do things like guess about how many zombies are in the next room, and won't go "shit is that a dog?" When it's just some normal zombie making that rare snarl sound which dogs also make.

    submitted by /u/Azeranth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel