• Breaking News

    Monday, January 28, 2019

    7 Days To Die Modded Monday - January 28, 2019

    7 Days To Die Modded Monday - January 28, 2019


    Modded Monday - January 28, 2019

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:12 AM PST

    Looking for advice or help on where to start with modding for 7 Days to Die? Are you having trouble finding a particular mod, or opinions of what mod to play next?

    Post below with what you're having trouble with or what you're looking for!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gyrocopters!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:14 PM PST

    Heavy melee - the best build in the game?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:29 PM PST

    So yeah. I've played quite a lot since the release of A17.1 stable and so far I've tried multiple different playstyles. From archery to firearms and from sneaking to all-out combat. But one stands out from the rest. That is combat with heavy melee weapons combined with heavy armor.

    Why use guns that use rare and expensive ammunition when you can use a sledge that only requires repair once every 500 kills?

    Why wear light armor or no armor at all when you can be super tanky with iron/steel armor?

    Why use stealth towards mid-late game when enemies require multiple hits to kill anyway? And most POIs are scripted to have zombies fall from the rooftop straight onto your back? Not to mention that stealthing is best done at night - although you can't see anything at night inside POIs unless you use a light source which will give your position away.

    Then there are some useless perks available to you in the Perception tree. Shotgun Surgeon rank 5 is supposed to cripple enemies with leg shots - I never witnessed that happening. Explosive Weapons rank 5 is supposed to have a 100% dismember chance on enemies. Once again, never seen it happen. I thought these two perks would be useful against end-game enemies but they do absolutely nothing.

    With a sledgehammer and heavy armor, it doesn't matter if I get surprised by zombies. I can tank them. Doesn't matter if I get swarmed. One or two swings from the sledge and they all fall down, thanks to the Heavy Metal perk. Zombie bears? Piece of cake, every single swing from the sledge will knock them down. All this without spending a single coin on bullets. Once your gear is set, all you need is decent farm of aloe and cotton to get first aid bandages. Then dig up some iron every now and then to repair your armor.

    I want to know what others think about it. I simply cannot make any other build work even half as good as all-out melee.

    submitted by /u/Smaisteri
    [link] [comments]

    POI > Blood Moon

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:28 PM PST

    I think I'm enjoying exploring the POI's and their secrets more than the blood moon these days. At day 200+ the blood moon is just a flood of green meanies that soak up all my ammo and chew up everything in their path. Sometimes I just drive up and down the street in the truck and run them over. Its more an inconvenience than a challenge.

    I'm sure a greater variety of high level critters will be added eventually but if I had to choose one or the other i think i'd take more POI's and perhaps a more configurable blood moon. Random nights, turn off greenies in favour or more zombies maybe. Occasional giant zombies perhaps?.... things escaped from zoos or labs. Giant leaping spider anyone?

    Not a complaint - I just f'king love the POI's in this release. Great work Fun Pimps.

    submitted by /u/Falconburger
    [link] [comments]

    Is Single Player gone now?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:00 PM PST

    I want to do a single player game, so I can get the achievements for surviving a sufficient number of minutes in a single player game, but that mode doesn't seem to exist any more.

    Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/DiggingNoMore
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone find it odd how we finally got a swimming skill only to have less than 5% of the maps have water?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:28 PM PST

    PS. if you have a map with a large amount of water, throw that seed my way :)

    submitted by /u/Cerebral23ad
    [link] [comments]

    The Name of my Hometown is on the safe.....

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:18 PM PST

    Suggested change to armor skills

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:25 PM PST

    The current armor skills for light and heavy add improved armor rating and durability per level. I would rather have it give armor rating and reduce movement penalty for each level. I imagine light armor reducing movement penalties by 15% per rank, up to 75% reduction to movement penalty at rank 5, and heavy to reduce the penalty by 10% up to 50% at max level. Can this be done in a modlet? What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/contarious
    [link] [comments]

    7D2D Weapon and Build guide, what is best? Answered

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:18 PM PST

    Greetings,

    I've spent the last two weeks creating an 7D2D Alpha 17 Weapon and build guide. In the guide I review all weapons, ammo and perform a comparison along with suggested build for your style of play.

    Lot of time went in to this in the hopes that it helps follow players.

    If you enjoyed or found it helpful, much appreciated for sub and any suggestions for future content you'd like a guide for please let me know in the video comments.

    https://youtu.be/q2OEI5HwShg

    Thanks!

    -Divine Squire

    submitted by /u/Divine_Squire
    [link] [comments]

    Machete Build

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:30 AM PST

    Has anyone had any luck with a machete focused build? I'm currently level 60'ish with 7 Strength and have put as many points as I can into Sexual Tyrannosaurus, Flurry of Blows, Deep Cuts and Skull Crusher to name the ones that I can remember.

    So far I'm dissapointed that it seems to take between two and three kits for a normal zombie and around 6-8 for bigger ones. With a rest for stamina in-between. Not sure the percentage of decapitation (and whatever the word is for limbs) really make up for the effort.

    What are peoples thoughts?

    submitted by /u/MrMonkyD
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha 17 Zombie be like

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:44 AM PST

    SO I made fun of the spousal unit for not being able to fly... This might be Karma...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:46 PM PST

    Upcoming Horde night 49. When will horde night be an actual threat? A17 experimental

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:56 AM PST

    So basically my horde base is just standing on a roof of a building I lay spikes around. In the past I remember spider zombies actually climbing up to me. Now they seem derpy and just attack the wall like the rest. Also there's no wasps coming at me just a few birds. So will things change the further I get because the horde night is not doing much.

    submitted by /u/AnomalyEvolution
    [link] [comments]

    Can you have a underwater base in alpha17.1?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:23 PM PST

    How do PVP servers work?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:10 AM PST

    Thinking about starting up in a PVP server but how does it work with the timing of days and hoardes? If the server is always up, how do we get started without getting destroyed right away?

    submitted by /u/boscoseven
    [link] [comments]

    SI Question

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:42 AM PST

    I built an elevated farm. I planted my seeds and then went out exploring. While I was out, my fps dropped for a bit and I asked my friend who was at the base if he saw the fps drop too. He said that the farm was collapsing. I've laid out how my farm looked in excel here. Could anyone tell me why it collapsed? There were no zombies around the base. We're on day 8.

    I lost all my seeds except the ones that were planted on top of the pillars. I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me why it collapsed well after everything had been planted.

    submitted by /u/Pharva
    [link] [comments]

    Questons About the A17 World Generator

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:33 AM PST

    Can someone explain the new PG map system for A17? When creating a new random map, I enter a map name and a map seed. While typing, a region name randomly changes with each letter I type. When creating, it takes the game over twice as long to create the world, and yet it is way smaller than the pre-a17 maps.

    Here's the part I don't understand: when I create a second map, it has a different name and different seed, but if the region name is the same, it instantly loads the map with no creation time. And it appears to be the exact same world. For example, a world with the region name of 'South Nefufi County' is always the same, even if the name and seed are totally different.

    Also, how do I generate a map bigger than 8k for single player? I found a server that is running a map as big as a16 and earlier, but I see no options in the menus to make the world bigger.

    Also also, how do I get the world previewer to work? Do I enter the map name, the map seed, or the region name? Thanks for any info.

    submitted by /u/ThisWasTheLast
    [link] [comments]

    How to set up a server out of the game

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:14 AM PST

    Currently playing with a few friends on a world they join in, this is only possible when im on the map too, is there a way to seperate the server from my game so i can let it run without having to play on my own?

    submitted by /u/whewdad
    [link] [comments]

    Stack Sizes?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 12:55 AM PST

    Why can I stack small stones to 6,000 and paint only to 1,000?

    submitted by /u/Enviousdeath
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel