• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 29, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 29, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 29, 2019


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 29, 2019

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:11 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ooh Water Element in the water tower, tell me your secrets...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:12 PM PST

    My new base in A17

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:00 PM PST

    I made this for a teammate, thought I'd share it here

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:00 PM PST

    TIL Charging Bull doesn't actually work.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:54 PM PST

    The extra damage doesn't work and I'm pretty sure the damage reduction from sprinting is broken as well.

    To test, hit F1, then type dm to enable debug mode. Hit Numpad 0 to show enemy health.

    submitted by /u/jazztickets
    [link] [comments]

    Entering the throne room.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:20 PM PST

    72 Hour base

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 02:12 AM PST

    So, me and a buddy sort of finished after 72 hours, 90min days/30min night 31 day. He was the one building the base while I just gathered stuff. I wanted to show off what he built.

    The base it self

    Path for zombies...

    ...in to the death room

    A bridge to my little farm

    submitted by /u/ventrueluck
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: don't leave your game after you defeat the Blood Moon horde...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:29 AM PST

    I mean during that same night. Wait until morning and then it's safe. Otherwise it will just trigger again... I wasted 2x times the ammo XDDDDDDdddddddddd

    But a nice tip is you can lower the blood moon count before entering again I guess (just remember to put it back up again)

    submitted by /u/devon752
    [link] [comments]

    Mini Bike Struck by Lightning

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:29 PM PST

    My poor minibike, which I had combined all the way up to 600 and had full health got struck by lightning while I was looting Gravesville or whatever is called.

    I thought it was just a cool visual effect until I came back to dump some treasure maps in my basket when I realized it was on fire and completely at zero health.

    Of course my base was the auto shop roughly on the opposite side of the map in the lower right quadrant. So sad...I decided to jump on a landmine to ferry home quickly but damnit, who knew I needed to park indoors.

    submitted by /u/LukyJoeKokomo
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking suggestions/feedback for progression mechanics for a Wave Mode and Map!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:32 PM PST

    Hey again peeps. I've been at it for a while with an idea and execution for an arcade-like wave based 7th day mode based purely in XML (with some user setup required since XML limitations and all that jazz), with an expected play time being anywhere from 30-90 minutes depending on player or group skill (co-op being one of my personal goals).

    The map would be a small, self-contained area similar to many CoD early maps, with limited mobility throughout, and, in early versions, very limited or no accessibility to new areas.

    I'm currently looking for feedback from the community as to progression mechanics. If you've seen the last video I posted, the first idea I started with was class-based selection, with the basic goal being:

    • At the beginning of the game, you would use your starting item to craft yourself a quest redemption to define your class for the game and obtain starting equipment

    • Your skills available to purchase would be defined purely by this archetype, such as from Marksman (rifle/marksman) to Hunter (bow/compound) to Bruiser (club/sledge), with damage output being roughly equivalently modded so you aren't useless with a bow

    • You would earn mods specifically for these weapons via quests and purchase areas

    • The more kills you make, the better the XP, the more your skills are buffed, the more the money, the better the mods, the stronger waves you can face

    There is a popular alternative, which would be to frame it more like CoD's Zombies mode(s) in terms of obtaining weapons via the map by purchasing these at certain points. The flow of progression would then become something more like:

    • Begin game with weaker weapons such as a club and limited pistol ammo

    • Unlock purchase locations for weapons, weapons being more disposable and having a shorter linear path in terms of upgrades

    • Spend skill points upgrading less specific perks such as general damage resistance/increase

    • Save points to purchase expensive weapons to combat stronger waves

    However, there is yet another third progression, which would be to utilize the mechanics of 7 Days as is and create a drop or harvest system that would be more akin to an RTS resource management whereby in downtime you would mine resources to craft and assemble desired weaponry:

    • Begin game with stone axe, and obtain materials throughout the map

    • Assemble equipment via workshop after retrieving materials

    • Upgrade resource harvesting equipment to receive more materials

    • Assemble better equipment with more materials to combat stronger waves

    Of course, I do have a laundry list of XML exposure that TFP could make to ensure a project like this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier, but I've got enough planned and enough already done to ensure that it's definitely possible. And don't worry, there's no escaping the map design. ;) I'm darn well making sure of that.

    Cheers!

    Edit: I also have a Trello going, for any curious individuals https://trello.com/b/izlcKbyx/gameplay-roadmap

    submitted by /u/DatapawWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have this problem?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:38 PM PST

    Anyone else have this problem?

    https://i.redd.it/eaz544allfd21.png

    Always renders this fake grass block whenever I come back to my house. It does get really annoying I either have to lay down a block or punch the ground for it to disappear, and when it does it goes away in like a chunk of maybe 10x10 blocks not all together, gotta run around my base punching every time I come home lol.

    submitted by /u/TwitchtvCellsty
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find the treasure chest under the building

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:59 PM PST

    Someone attempting to play 7 Days

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:17 PM PST

    How to move save files between computers

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 11:50 AM PST

    Hello fellow survivors. I'd like to ask how to move save files ,single player,from one computer to another. I've had success in previous versions by copying the /appdata/roaming/7daystodie and pasting it on another computer but this doesn't seem to work. How to do it correctly?

    Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/Hollowprime
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else still have their bike/mini bike disappear? It will appear on the compass with its symbol but otherwise it's gone. Pretty laaaaaaame.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:51 PM PST

    Best base suggestions for this update?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 02:49 PM PST

    I was an expert at base building in the previous updates, but I have no idea now because of zombie pathing, etc.

    Does anyone have any tips for building a very defensive base now? Sorry if this is a lame question...

    submitted by /u/TheLoneNazgul
    [link] [comments]

    Day 43 has been an experience getting too. What is everyone doing to survive.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:24 PM PST

    Crazy Radiation Zone?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:25 AM PST

    Coming back to the game finally and am looking for a new well rounded seed to play in. The only issue is that the radiation zone literally cuts the map in half, no matter the size of the map. Either straight across or in an L shape. Does this mean we can attempt/make it across that zone now or is it just some strange bug?

    Also, seed names that don't appear to have this issue would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/KillerPandora84
    [link] [comments]

    Wip making a base in the city biome (sorry for bad quality ss doesnt work)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:39 AM PST

    A returning survivor Maybe

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:18 AM PST

    Hello to everyone on here, I bought this game when it was first released on ps4 back in the day... I'm sorry to say but I got very bored of it mainly because nothing worked well on the game, whether it be teething issues etc. Can someone reassure me as to the the state of the game right now on console? Does it have multilayer where I can go into a world and run I to random people? Can they hurt me or I hurt them? Can players destroy my base if I build one? I really really want to buy this game again, I'm just hoping it has improved or changed.

    Sorry this has probably been asked before but any comments would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/reddragon84
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days to Die Alpha 17.1 ... re-update? What's going on?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:25 PM PST

    Hey,

    Just switched on steam, 7DTD says it has an update... I go an update... check change log and there's nothing, except a mention of TFP launching t-shirts?

    I start the game... and it says b9 still?

    Did anyone get the same update which is an update but still keeps exactly the same version in the game?

    Was expecting at least an experimental update but no, it's still the same :P

    First time I've seen updates without updates :P

    submitted by /u/Vedui
    [link] [comments]

    How to use dm to give other players xp

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:21 PM PST

    I know how to give it to myself, but no idea how I give the stuff other players.

    submitted by /u/Cerebral23ad
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming New World on Twitch. 12 am Eastern

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:35 PM PST

    17.1 Trader Seed ?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:04 AM PST

    Hey i am looking for a seed with a lot of traders, preferably with a large forest biome. Where can i find one?

    submitted by /u/Undead_Chronic
    [link] [comments]

    Can we run two different servers on the same machine?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:36 PM PST

    We are not happy with the current map, but just got gyrocopters, so losing it would suck. Is there a way to switch between maps using the same hosting server?

    submitted by /u/Yellow-Ticket
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel