• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 13, 2019

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - January 13, 2019

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - January 13, 2019


    Seedy Sunday - January 13, 2019

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Have you found or are looking for a good or interesting seed to use?

    If you're sharing a seed please use something similar to this format for others to easily find what they might be looking for

    Game version (A15/16/17/etc): Seed: Map Coordinates: Features/POI's to look out for:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Simple but Effective Base

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 02:54 PM PST

    Simple but Effective Base

    This is simple base I build in A17. It serves as a both normal base and blood moon horde base. Can be build in 2-3 days, have no problem to withstand standard horde at the day 7 with minimal damage (except lost spikes). It doesn't exploit AI pathfinding so should work even as devs make changes to it in the upcoming patches. It can be easily and gradually extended and upgraded to withstand later stage hordes. It can be build also as a pure blood moon night base without additional floors and extensions of the "living quarters".

    https://i.redd.it/c0ivjm9yk9a21.jpg

    Basic design is 5x5 and 4 high made of flagstone with most exposed parts upgraded to cobblestone as your resources allow. Later it can be upgraded to all cobblestone and then concrete as you gather enough materials. It has "fighting floor" made of wooden frames which allows you to shoot down at zombies below while being in relative safety (vultures and cop spites being the only exception). It can also be made of railings, but I prefer frames because railings sometimes bug out, not letting you to shoot through and frames can be easily removed for access/repairs down below if you need to. I plan to extend it with another ring of walls. You can see that I already build first part of the outer walls (screenshot is from the day 10).

    https://i.redd.it/0p1qb4b0l9a21.jpg

    For now, fighting floor can be accessed by a simple ramp of wooden frames, upper part of which can be removed to prevent zombies getting up. Later as base takes more definite form, I will build permanent ramp with a drawbridge. From the fighting floor, you can go up to the cabin or down below. I am not using ground floor of 5x5 for anything, in case zombies break inside, but it has access to the underground part of the base where I build crafting quarters and a mine shaft. All the ladders are protected by hatches to prevent zombies climbing in. Outer walls are connected to the inner walls with cobblestone 1/2 blocks to add to the structural integrity. It should prevent collapse of the floor even if lower walls sustain large amount of damage. 1/2 blocks because they obscure vision and line of fire less then full blocks while having the same structural integrity.

    https://i.redd.it/h1su7kjvm9a21.jpg

    Above the fighting floor is a cabin with fireplace, bedroll and basic storage. It have a gallery outside accessible by a door from inside the cabin to allow good view of the surrounding terrain and sniping.

    https://i.redd.it/p7o9fg85o9a21.jpg

    You can extend your base also underground. I am building main crafting and storage area at the rock level with access to the mine below later.

    https://i.redd.it/104ysmzfo9a21.jpg

    The main defence is made of wooden spikes in 2 rows around the walls. Trenches 2 blocks deep are dug in in a checkerboard pattern to increase number of spikes in one place. Once spikes are depleted, trenches force zombies to jump around, slowing them down. As you progress in the game, you can upgrade your traps to better ones and extend the perimeter they cower around.

    I do dig whole base 1 block in to the ground, mainly to level any terrain irregularity but also because it let's me gather dirt for the cobblestone as I build. Same with the underground part of the base, you gather stone while you build the base itself. No need to split gathering of the resources and building in to different phases once you start extending. It does however extend significantly time you need to build the base, so if you are in a hurry or need just base for the bloodmoon horde, you may opt to build it directly on the ground.

    https://i.redd.it/4ms2bt2cp9a21.jpg

    The basic version (5x5 plus the cabin) takes about 3000 wood and 500-700 rock to build. Spikes including (you need about 120 of them). Plus corresponding dirt for the cobblestone mix. It can be build with stone tools.

    submitted by /u/arrasas
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else ever built a blood moon arena?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 04:40 AM PST

    Mystery Solved! New lab equipment item is sometimes lootable (one time access only) (A17.1 b8)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 02:25 PM PST

    17.1 Zombie Mill

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 05:33 PM PST

    So I just bought Elex.. :/

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 03:05 PM PST

    .. and it's relevant since, billed as an open world post apocalyptic survival game, it's in the same niche. On sale, 60% off, payed like $16 for it.

    Back to 7DTD, in which I spent 3000 hours after some 15 hours in Elex.

    Because, I think it's worth remembering, especially in this time of updates and changes that confuse and/or infuriate people, 7DTD is an insanely immersive game that allows for a range of choices and infinite replayability. Yeah, you know what you need to do but you can always try to do it *differently* and in an RWG you have no fucking clue where all that shit is that you need to be able to do what you need to do.

    I've got my beef with 7DTD. It aint perfect and never will be. I'm not going into specifics, there's stuff off, it get patched the wrong way so other stuff is off. Or the stuff that was off is now imba. I've bitched about it before and I'll bitch about it again. But not today.

    Because, to return to the title of this post, ELEX is kinda catering to the same 'open world post apocalyptic survival' branch and, well, the fact it's an open world doesn't mean you can actually go anywhere. Stick on the narrow golden path or absolutely everything will kill you. Usually one shot. Problem with stamina in 7DTD. hah. I laugh in your face. Swing a club twice in ELEX and that's your stamina gone, which you need to even swing that club. Against that Raptor. Wait. No. 5 Raptors. Did you stray from the path? Ohh. Can't have that. Go there. Do that. That's the way. The Only Way!

    It's not an ELEX review either. So I won't go on. But the thing that I thought worth mentioning is that I've spent a ton of time in this game, more than in any other (closest is Skyrim on 913 followed by Fallout 4 on 768) because it's fucking engaging. And I'm coming back to it because even more than Skyrim (with the open start mod) it allows me to make and play my own game.

    And that's what I want. My game. My play. My way. Weird as it may be, I wanna be able to do or at least try it. And from some 30 years of gaming experience I think I can vouch that 7DTD is the least restrictive game I've ever played. And am still playing. Contrary to ELIX which was going to try and tell me what to do and when and how to do it. A bit like my mum, may she rest in peace.

    submitted by /u/__Gwynn__
    [link] [comments]

    Broke in to find this guy doing pull-ups

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 11:10 AM PST

    Charismatic nature

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 06:54 PM PST

    Out of all perks in the game, Charismatic is one of less interesting one. I don't like the way it gives some random branch stuff each level. I think it might be more interesting adding new category "Charisma" which would have separate perks and bonuses. My idea would be having something like this:

    Charisma:

    - Gunnery
    --Damage
    --Reload
    --Accuracy

    -Tools
    --Block damage
    --Amount gathered
    --Speed

    -Zombie
    --Headshot damage
    --Stun bonus
    --Cripple

    -Leadership
    --Charisma bonus range (increase range of bonus by 5m per level)
    --Leader bonus (leader gets extra bonus, 20% per level (if bonus is 10% it would give extra 2% per level))

    This is only example but I think you see my point. It may look OP but in fact, those would need extra skillpoints so one have to sacrifice other perks of character. What do you think about it?

    submitted by /u/CMHQ_Widget
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon and tool quality

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 08:36 PM PST

    I got to level 10 intellect and thought I unlocked the last tier of quality (flawless). But nothing changed. Is 6 as high as quality goes?

    submitted by /u/thekelderkin
    [link] [comments]

    What modifications can you put on the bicycle?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 04:23 PM PST

    Google hasn't been able to answer this for me

    submitted by /u/Dank_Meme_James
    [link] [comments]

    Found a weird bug while looking for treasure

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 07:14 PM PST

    Will zombies attack a dirty ramp?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 10:31 PM PST

    I am planning on building a ramp on my base for horde night but the ramp is going to be built out onto a slope. If I level the slope with dirt blocks, will zombies attack the dirt section of the ramp?

    submitted by /u/silvercreek18
    [link] [comments]

    How's the heat map going?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 04:16 PM PST

    Heya gang,

    I don't usually play with dm on but I was curious about the heat map after the first screamer showed up. I put some torches up against a wall some chunks away to check and it didn't change which leads me to believe torches still don't add to heat.

    But then I noticed something peculiar: My heat map percentage dropped from 82% or so to a 26% or so while I was standing at my burning forge and nothing was changing. Empty workbench, empty everything. Just me and the burning (and still happily melting steel) forge. Yet, beng, it dropped.

    I've been trying to get a grip on it ever since. For instance, crafting my very first 4x4 in the workbench while doing nothing else (melting etc, forge off) slowly increased the heat (I could watch because i was waiting for the damned thing to finish) and then it suddenly dropped again.

    So, question: is heat map still a thing? Because I've seen it going from 92% to 5% while nothing changed in the chunk I was watching it in, activity wise. It may be that the dm feedback just doesn't report it right because I had to kill a few screamers. And I think only heat attracts those.

    Any info on this?

    Cheers, be safe

    ~gg

    submitted by /u/__Gwynn__
    [link] [comments]

    Cant open or see enemies items. (PC)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:24 PM PST

    Hey so I finally got around to trying the latest update (non beta) and I cant seem to see or open enemies inventories, did the devs remove lootable enemies or am I overlooking a simple thing?

    submitted by /u/Haroldholt
    [link] [comments]

    Snow Not Gathering on the Ground

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:15 PM PST

    My friend and I started up a new Alpha 17 game a few weeks ago and we noticed that whenever it snows, the snow isn't covering anything like it used to before. Has anyone else had this issue? No matter how hard it snows, the road, our base, nothing is covered in snow. For reference in the picture above, our base is in a snow biome because we like the snow effect so much, which is why the ground outside is white regardless.

    Picture for reference: https://imgur.com/a/i9o5w3W

    submitted by /u/Sparkimus__Prime
    [link] [comments]

    Is the playing doctor achievement not possible right now due to the self-medicated skill not working?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 08:49 PM PST

    I realized I didn't have that perk, so I ingested some glass and used 5 medkits. I died every time, as the bleeding never stopped.

    Perhaps I'm just being stupid. Do the medkits not stop "internal" bleeding? Maybe I need to go toe to to with a pack of dogs instead...

    submitted by /u/Fisher77
    [link] [comments]

    Building a pve fighting arena for blood moons tips

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 07:53 PM PST

    I recently got inspired by a post i saw earlier here of an amazing player made arena as a more fun and dangerous way to fight the blood moon. Now i want to build one. Are there any tips i should know before i start building?

    submitted by /u/HerobrineHunter01
    [link] [comments]

    how can i make mods? i want to change zombie vulture sound to stuka siren

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 05:01 AM PST

    yes i want to make zombie vulture sound to stuka siren

    submitted by /u/BooralKing
    [link] [comments]

    Are gore blocks able to be enabled through the xml files?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 03:51 PM PST

    We're currently trying to change the balance of the game to one we'd like to play through xml editing, including upping the xp rate and trying to reduce the ai's pathing ability.

    Does anyone know if the gore block is able to be re-enabled? I can see several commented out references to a gore block in the xml files though i'm not sure if they're just the containers from dropped loot.

    submitted by /u/Fishfisherton
    [link] [comments]

    Player v Zombies or Player v Dev?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 06:58 AM PST

    I give credit to this idea from Vedui as he mentions it in his fantastic testing videos.

    I want to start off by saying I love this game. Over 2000 hours. Original backer. I will continue to play this game because the modding community is amazing and make this game what it should be.

    Every update makes the game more and more a Player vs Dev feel. I am a builder.....and this Alpha is disappointing me in that regard. At first my dream of an actual tower defense game (Reason I backed the game originally) finally came true. Now we create a design that defeats the AI...devs change the AI.

    Now the zombies have structural engineering degrees and get bored of taking certain paths? It is silly. Are they stupid or working on post doctorates?

    Here are some ideas.

    Make a leader zombie who is a 1/2 infected human that still has brain function. He needs to be targeted down or the horde gets intelligent and has the current functionality or even more intelligent.

    Have the behemoth that does massive damage to structures. He is a straight line zombie....bulldozer type pathing.

    Zombie nurses heal zombies near them but are weak.

    A digger zombie class....not all zombies.

    How about a motherbrood type zombie that infests an entire building. Clear the building and you creat a safe zone. Doing quests in that safe zone eventually can create a trader. Auto defenses can be added with resource gathering and depositing. It can function as a safe harbor like current traders but expandable. Horde nights can destroy your safe zone so you better protect it.

    submitted by /u/tbonepat11
    [link] [comments]

    Drove into a tree, poof it turned into 8 trees! (stable branch)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 07:17 PM PST

    I was on my bike and I ran into one of those small cactus, and immediately like 4 more spawned around me. So then my friend is all 'try it with a tree' so of course I ran my bicycle into a tree and poof! 8 trees!

    submitted by /u/blockminster
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse input lag

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 01:00 PM PST

    I've done as much research as possible, but found no solutions.

    My problem is this: a 1-.5 second delay on all inputs (keyboard and mouse) that is present whether I am on alpha 16, 17, or the unstable. I tried going on a friends server, going on my own world, reinstalling, turning on exclusive full screen, turning on V-Sync, turning off V-Sync, turning my resolution up, down, and the same with my graphics quality. The delay neither increases nor decreases when inside, outside, near a town, not near a town, and basically every other scenario. I got this problem after moving to a new computer that is far more powerful (CPU wise) but I'm still using the embedded graphics chip to run my games. I am using a Z390-E Gaming motherboard, and an I-5 6 core that is 4.1 or 4.2 GH. Any help is appreciated.

    FIXED:

    Apparently my graphics card is shit-tier compared to the sheer terrible optimization this game fields. The resolution was breaking the game. To fix lower the resolution.

    submitted by /u/suicidemeteor
    [link] [comments]

    First 7 days (Alpha 17.1 B8)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 06:38 PM PST

    I restart a new world every new patch, just to see how it effects the leveling flow. This is my current flow based on the recent changes. (Solo play experience)

    Start by finishing all the quests, spend points on 1 int (to build quality 2 items), 1 str, 2 sexual tyrannosaurus.

    Begin fighting and looting while making my way to the trader. Along the journey, aggressively hunt all zombies in sight for XP.

    Once at the trader, I'll scout around for a good base location close by the trader since I like taking quests regularly.

    By day 4, I should be level 10 and I'll start gathering resources and building a base with a forge. This affords me access to iron tools, iron doors, and iron bars which are the backbone of all my bases.

    By day 7 I should have a base set up (I prefer the 'slow the zombies' strategy over killing with spikes as I value all the XP) and would have stockpiled guns and ammo for the night.

    I feel currently gathering resources beyond what is absolutely needed for firewood and arrows is high inefficient in the early game. Without a few points into motherload and iron tools it wastes too much time for too little gain. Much more efficient to fight non-stop until getting enough levels to make mining worth it.

    submitted by /u/contarious
    [link] [comments]

    Oil barrel replication bug/glitch/exploit

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 06:09 PM PST

    7 Days To Die- Day 84 Horde vs the Zombieseum

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:19 AM PST

    Quick question

    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 04:57 PM PST

    Does console (ps4) have anything related to wires yet? This is kinda a short post.. But yeah..

    submitted by /u/iceshard1232
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel