• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 22, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 22, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 22, 2019


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 22, 2019

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first bike(first time surviving this long and sorry can take screenshots)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 01:37 PM PST

    A17: simple safe nighttime mining

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 08:55 AM PST

    Just for those who struggle to keep busy at night: Since zombies can dig I changed my mine layout a bit, and thought I'd post about it here:)

    General mining advise: Look for grey gravel dots on the map, underneath you will find ore. Now regarding the mine layout, trick is to create 2 shafts:

    • First shaft is for players. Simply install a ladder and cover it with a hatch on top, that you leave closed except for when entering/exiting the mine.

    • Second shaft is for Zombies. Leave a 1 block hole uncovered that leads into your mine. Place iron spikes and barbed wire at the bottom of the shaft. Since this 2nd shaft is an unobstructed way into your mine the zombies will path through it instead of starting to dig. And the spikes will then kill those zombies without you having to do anything about it. I recommend iron spikes since the aren't that expensive and just kill more zombies before being destroyed. Two rows has always been plenty so far.

    This way you can gain experience, stone for cement and other resources during the night, without having to worry about your safety. If you want to be extra safe make sure to listen out for random hordes and if you hear one just stop mining until they pass.

    submitted by /u/H4zardousMoose
    [link] [comments]

    Are human turds still in the game?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 03:29 PM PST

    You used to be able to find "human turds" in toilets and such, but alas I have not seen them recently. Were they taken out?

    submitted by /u/ChristianMay21
    [link] [comments]

    Serious QOL problems on Crossbow

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 03:40 PM PST

    The crossbow currently has some REALLY glaring issues that need addressing within the next patch.

    1.) Firing the crossbow locks you into an uninterruptible animation, which is incredibly slow AND slows movement. I can not express to you how incredibly frustrating it is to see I'm in a bit of a pinch, successfully ping the zombie about to cut me off, getting the good RNG for it to stumble enough for me to run past, and then dying anyway because my character is too busy jacking off with a crossbow to actually move.

    Seriously. Give the crossbow at least a setting where it doesn't automatically reload, if not remove automatic reload entirely. It's SOOO painfully frustrating.

    2.) It consumes stamina while ADS which is ridiculous, and not how crossbows work. I get that the bow takes effort to hold back, and that's why it consumes stamina, but not crossbows. This is just silly, and frustrating. It's super annoying to have my stamina not regening whilst I've turned around to snipe a quick headshot, and discover I've got less stamina than I should.

    Seriously, the crossbow is an incredibly non-functional weapon, but as the best option between days 6 and 14, I don't know what to say or do. Fun pimps, please fix

    submitted by /u/Azeranth
    [link] [comments]

    How to kill the green ones?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 07:54 PM PST

    Hello,

    I'm having issues killing the irradiated zombies...

    I get to like level 25 and my good old sledge hammer can't really keep up.

    Should I just use guns for those guys? Then melee the others?

    Any tips are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Quattro01
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer Characters to new map? version 17 stable

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 06:37 PM PST

    It appears copying and pasting the player files from appdata/roaming no longer works with the new version. Anyone got any updates on how to transfer character files to a new server on the latest version?

    submitted by /u/Weishen87
    [link] [comments]

    A17.1 Video Washed Out in Desert

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 08:47 PM PST

    A17.1 Video Washed Out in Desert

    Hi friends-- could use your expertise! I updated to Alpha 17.1 (69) on my Mac about a week ago and I noticed that after updating, the video is so washed out (particularly in the desert/sunny areas) that it's difficult to play. I didn't spend much time in the desert in 17.0, so this may not be exclusive to 17.1. I am assuming this is probably a me problem (how I have my Mac set up/Video settings, or the game) since I haven't seen other posts about it. The colors/video are totally fine indoors or in areas without bright sunlight.

    I did play with the Gamma right after updating, since I like to keep it up a little bit. But even after resetting it back to default, the video was still washed out. I have tried clicking around on every single Video/Display/UI setting without luck. I've tried restoring all video/display/UI settings to defaults without luck either.

    Any suggestions? :)

    https://i.redd.it/p2jieewdq3c21.png

    Specs:

    • Macbook Pro 15-inch, 2018
    • Using MacOS Mojave 10.14.2
    • Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    • Version Alpha 17.1 (69) (I played alpha 16 for about a year with no display issues)
    • No f.lux or other app installed to adjust the brightness, Night shift is not turned on

    Game Video settings:

    https://i.redd.it/gh8vx8akq3c21.png

    submitted by /u/angelfishAD
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else fed up?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 10:33 PM PST

    Let me first start off by saying I love playing this game. It is really entertaining for me to kill some time with my friends.

    But......

    Is it only me that's fed up that this game is so bugged out? I've been playing for a while now and I have not said anything online yet. I tried to play my game with one of my friends and for some reason he can't join the game. We tried everything from restarting our systems to verifying that crap to switching back and forth from different versions. Even though that was annoying and still can't play in the same game as him, I can't tell you how many times we had to restart games from scratch. Even in alpha 17 alone and now 17.1.... If Fun Pimps are charging people to play a alpha version they should at least have more stable platforms to do so. Or better yet not charge until their game is actually out. I understand they probably charged players so that they can acquire enough capital for them as a company to get enough resources to build a fun game. I completely understand that about a company. But at this point 5+ years later after initial launch and still nothing to show (any stability in game) that's pretty pathetic. Before all you guys comment back with "it's still in alpha" bullcrap. I understand. I can read. I just think alpha for over 5 years is starting to be a lame excuse. And the game shouldn't have had a price tag on it at least until a beta version minimum. Because honestly if this game..... Actually let me rephrase that. If this alpha version was free I wouldn't have a reason to complain. It's kind of like an investment into a company when everyone is paying them to make this game. But besides some updates that breaks the current game I'm not seeing any return from this. If anyone is playing on console let me know how that is going. LOL

    submitted by /u/Chr15k421
    [link] [comments]

    Playing a Random Gen with RE2 Soundtrack (Chills) [Image]

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 10:03 PM PST

    Playing a Random Gen with RE2 Soundtrack (Chills) [Image]

    Playing the save room theme at the fort, raccoon police department theme when exploring. Really gives that hopeless feel when all by yourself.

    https://i.redd.it/5efkd4ni54c21.png

    submitted by /u/MightyPainGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion for wider (melee) weapon selection in the game

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 06:14 AM PST

    Okay, the game's in grounded in crafting and skills. At the moment, the diversity for weapons per skill group is too limited. I'll be talking exclusively of melee weaponry.

    Suppose you're an enthusiast of the Heavy Metal perk, which favours "heavy" melee weapons (which are those anyway? The Wiki is vague about it https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Metal_(Perk) ). You'll be able to get the Sledgehammer or the Iron Fireaxe only after building your forge, which requires the Hammer and Forge perk. Your heavy hitter character will only take form after some time, which is frustrating (or is this intentional? maybe the devs don't want you to wield "heavy" weapons early, even if it be a heavy crude bludgeon).

    What I want to suggest here is inclusiveness through diversity of weapons for all play styles. I'll be borrowing suggestions from another survival game, Rust, for weapon options.

    "Light" melee users are favoured by the Flurry of Blows perk and, early on, have access to clubs, in special the Reinforced Club. But late game are limited to the Machete, which clearly favours speed and slashing damage over blunt damage and consequently is quite puny for its cost (Forged Steel). Some suggestions for iron/steel work from Rust https://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Salvaged_Swordhttps://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Longswordhttps://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Mace . In Rust it's a 2 handed weapon; here it would be lighter.

    "Heavy" melee users are not considered at all early on, as you can't craft anything "heavy" with wood and scrap metal (or stone for that matter). This badboy https://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Salvaged_Cleaverwould be a good addition, consonant with the scavenger mindset of the early game. An even simpler suggestion would be a big stick with a rock tied at the end; a good headbasher during the first week. A heavy native american ballclub would also be great, and fitting for Navezgane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OGlAW9TC0 . For a nice selection of heavy weapons, albeit most forged in iron or steel, see Assassin's Creed Unity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PnGY2_iDkM .

    Also, one class of weapon that is conspicuosly missing is the spear - they would offer striking distance over speed; they would be great for striking through holes, bars and slits. The role of the spear/pike/halberd could be tied to either the "light" or "heavy" sides; spears and pikes would be benefitted by the Flurry of Blows perk, and halberds to the Heavy Metal perk.

    Anyway, this is what I think. If the game lets you choose your playstyle via perks, the game should provide to it through gameplay, eg weaponry. If this is too much hassle, scrap the perks and bunch it all in a "melee" skill.

    submitted by /u/apostrophefz
    [link] [comments]

    Melee rework with cleave/stagger and less aim focus

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 07:04 PM PST

    One feature I'd personally love to see added in an upcoming alpha would be a rework of the melee system to something more similar to Warhammer: Vermintide 2. I personally feel melee and ranged combat are currently a bit too similar, since both are very aim intensive and almost always only single target(except shotgun).

    For those unfamiliar, weapons in Vermintide have values for cleave and stagger. Cleave meaning how many enemies a weapon will hit in a swing before stopping, with bigger/heavier enemies stopping the weapons faster. Stagger describes the amount of knock-back/stunning a weapon deals to the enemies it hits. Adding these two values in addition to damage, attack speed, etc allows for a much more in depth melee balance. Some weapons can excel at staggering a horde, but not dealing too much damage. Other weapons might excel at killing single targets, where others with high cleave can damage multiple foes but will struggle more against bigger targets.

    Now for this the hit registration of melee weapons would have to be changed. Currently it seems to me that the game checks the position of the cursor against enemies, as if it was firing a bullet with very limited range, but completely ignoring where you see your weapon swing. This also means that only the position of the cursor in the specific moment where the game checks for the hit matters. So if you're not the greatest at first person shooters melee won't really be any better since you have to aim just as much. If melee was using the actual swing of the weapon instead this would put more of a focus on rhythm and positioning and less on aiming. This could be further improved by adding a "shove" animation that deals strong knock-back and stagger but almost no damage(also present in Left for Dead).

    Naturally this would be a fair bit of work to implement and get right, but I think it would add greatly to the enjoyment and depth of melee combat, which currently just feels a bit lacklustre:(

    submitted by /u/H4zardousMoose
    [link] [comments]

    Trading posts

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 10:07 AM PST

    Have any of the trading posts designs changed in Alpha 17? For me I've seen that Hugh's post and Joel's have not, but I heard that Bob was getting a re-designed post. Has this happened or no?

    submitted by /u/birdnerd4
    [link] [comments]

    seeking player feedback on a tutorial series.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 07:03 AM PST

    Hello fellow survivors!

    I've been an on again off again 7 Days player for a couple of years now, and a while ago i started to make tutorial videos to help other players. For the most part, they were well enough recieved, but it's been a while, and they've not aged well as the game has changed and progressed. So I thought i might whip up a fresh batch.

    Bellow will be a link to the first video in what I'm hoping will become a series in tips and tutorials, but i haven't made one in a long while, and would love some feedback from other players. I'm totally open to criticism, so don't be shy, just be nice about it if you think it sucks :)

    Cheers in advance for anyone who has any thoughts on what i might do better, i'll take it all into consideration moving forward.

    https://youtu.be/lnd5LhznKhY

    submitted by /u/Freddy_Plays_Games
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon mods?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 05:33 PM PST

    Was wondering if there's a meta for weapon mods. Found myself mainly using SMG, Shotgun, AK47. Collected a decent amount but still no idea what I'm doing. Just switching around. I'd appreciate any advice like which mods are musthaves or simpy the best for whatever weapon.

    submitted by /u/bakufun89
    [link] [comments]

    Spawn cars in containers?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 11:09 AM PST

    Could someone make a mod that makes vehicles [drivable, not decorative] rarely spawn in containers?

    It would be cool early game to be able to find a half broken 4x4 and have some mobility.

    Also, if anyone has a link to documentation on modding, so I can try and make it myself, let me know!

    Edit: Would it be possible to mod them into the trader's item list? Buying them does seem a bit more balance than rng.

    submitted by /u/SirEdington
    [link] [comments]

    7DTD - Mods For A17 ?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 03:26 AM PST

    List of recommended mods for A17 ?

    submitted by /u/R3DDR0S3
    [link] [comments]

    The Skill System

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 10:29 AM PST

    I am rather new to 7 Days to Die. I only started playing it about two weeks ago, but ever since then I have been playing it non-stop. So much so that I have 250 hours played already, so I can confidently say that I know a thing or two about Alpha 17 and 17.1. While 17.1 improved a lot of things, it also made the problem I am having a bit worse, and that problem is the skill system.

    Don't get me wrong, I understand that Alpha 16 and previous versions were far worse without the current skill system, from what I've gathered. I think the skill system provides an absolutely necessary way for players to experience the whole game. I've read stories about how people hate the new system, or at the very least have big problems with it because they can no longer stay at their base the entire game, which I think is a shame. There is so much to do and so much to see, which is mainly why I have been so enamored with the game so far.

    That said, the skill system is far from perfect, as is expected in any game. My main concern is that it does not provide enough of a goal to complete any one of the trees. Every game I've played so far has brought with it an internal struggle to continue. I want to play more of the game, but I also find it almost pointless after level 100. Sure, I could go for max level as a goal, but that would only provide minor changes to make my gameplay even easier. And, worse yet, there isn't much of a middle-ground. The zombies are either way too easy, or way too hard.

    Let me elaborate. If you start a game in "nightmare mode," you're going to have a wild time. The game is extremely hard to get into because majority of the experience gain comes from zombies, but you can't really kill any of them without spending 50 arrows on one zombie, and sometimes it's absolutely necessary that you kill the zombies, but there are too many. However, if you start a game with "medium" zombie traits, you're going to get bored after an hour when you can one-shot them with an arrow to the head. This is what I mean when I say "the zombies are either way too easy, or way too hard."

    Furthermore, with the recent changes in 17.1, there is no reason to complete the strength tree, entirely. You're completely okay with just running 7 strength and calling it a day. The additional melee damage is somewhat of a joke because you get to a point where melee is no longer necessary at all, so any points you invested were wasted if you thought about using melee towards the beginning of the game.

    Then, there is the science tree. This tree is so imperative to your gameplay that you might as well ignore everything else until it is fully complete. With the science tree you can make bullets, you can make more powerful weapons, you can make mods, you can make food, and you can make meds. You don't need to worry about anything else until it's completed. This makes variation completely boring. Sure, there are level requirements, but I just spend those points on what I'm working towards in Science (i.e. I want to use the magnum, so I invest points in "Boom! Headshot" and Gunslinger while I level up to get to the point where I can then make the magnum in Science).

    What I would like to see, instead, is the trees spread out across the different "skills" you can do. Strength and Fortitude are really similar to the way the trees should be. Strength gives you physical strength, allowing you to break blocks easier, and you require upgrades to it in order to reduce the stamina usage per swing. Fortitude gives you more health and blocks out the elements. Both of these are unique to themselves, and don't really require anything else in order to properly function. I think that this could be done with all of the science elements, and that would give the game a lot more purpose; you would want to level up a specific tree because it will actually give you what you were working towards. Like in the case of perception all there is, is damage (and loot-find, but oh well). Instead of receiving the ability to make a gun in Science, I should have to level up Perception in order to make or use the gun. This can be done in a number of ways, but the bottom line is that the game should encourage you to level up other skills aside from Science. Maybe there could be a level requirement for the different guns in Perception (like level 3 to use Shotgun, 5 to use the Crossbow, 7 to use the Magnum, and 10 to use the AK-47).

    Of course, I haven't been playing the game for all that long, and I don't know if this has been done before, but it seems like the correct direction if people are going to continue late into the game.

    submitted by /u/BeemerWT
    [link] [comments]

    Quick modding question.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 09:48 AM PST

    If I were to add some mods to my game right now, would I have to start a new save file for them to take effect?

    Seems like actually modding is fairly easy, just dropping files into a mod folder somewhere. I got the instructions bookmarked but can't read them on my work computer...

    submitted by /u/Shots-and-squats
    [link] [comments]

    I have no idea what happened to that house. but it looked pretty cool.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 12:55 AM PST

    How to defend a village style base

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 01:04 PM PST

    Just got the best day 1 start ever with a hunting rifle from a backpack and ak from a loot drop. I built a hidy hole for the night and now i want to make a village style base with big walls and an opening for an xp pool leading into the center, then a tunnel lesding them back out to the beginning. Also tall nerdpoles with eventual turrets on top to deal with vultures. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/HerobrineHunter01
    [link] [comments]

    HELP!!!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 12:22 PM PST

    I need to know how to set up 7 days to die on pc. I need to know what to buy and how to put together I working gaming pc and how much it is going to cost. I really want to play 7 days to die on pc and I need to know how and how much?

    Please, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Davisreapers
    [link] [comments]

    Spiked knuckles 471 dmg. Is this normal?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 08:32 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel