• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 5, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - February 05, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - February 05, 2019


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - February 05, 2019

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Vehicles and the small rocks of death

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 10:59 AM PST

    Can we please please stop the tiniest of pebbles annihilating our vehicles? A 4x4 truck shouldn't be destroyed by a pebble 😂😂 dodging all the small stones makes getting from a to b a dangerous game of dodgeball!

    submitted by /u/Steveagogo
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: 7dtd is on sale on Steam for the Lunar sale.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 02:01 PM PST

    Just picked up a copy for my wife to join me! Do yourselves a favor and get it for this steal of a price if you don't already have all the copies you need.

    submitted by /u/vpxtreme
    [link] [comments]

    Day 100+ Blood Moon survival base on hard

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 12:56 AM PST

    Tips for first horde night

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 06:35 PM PST

    Coming up on my first horde night, any tips for it or a good starter horde base?

    I've got around 800 cobblestones, 1k iron and can get wood no problem. Haven't found any guns yet though, just a compound bow. Level 8 at the moment, not many combat perks taken yet so I'm thinking traps need to take the load a bit.

    submitted by /u/smashNcrabs
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from console to comp?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 08:15 PM PST

    Its like a completely different game! Any tips or anything to help me transition?

    submitted by /u/sasquatch6ft40
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for End-Game

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:01 AM PST

    • Get a mission from one trader to raid another. When you arrive, they're expecting you and have a fully staffed arsenal with non-zombie defenders. If you are able to accomplish it, you get your pick of rare mods or other rewards.

    • Delivery mission where speed is a factor. Have a trader assign a mission to deliver antibiotics to 4-5 spots across the map in a certain time period. If you aren't quick enough to get them all, start from the beginning.

    • Create a "30 minute" base in the middle of nowhere, specified by the quest, then have it overrun by zombies. I'm imagining something like a 7th night, but designed for a base designed on the fly. Picture a school bus rolls up and instead of survivors, zombies pour out.

    • Create a cure for the zombie virus by finding obscure ingredients. Then apply it to scores of the population to win.

    submitted by /u/CaptCurmudgeon
    [link] [comments]

    Dedicated server stress testing

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 04:26 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I have a fairly old hp desktop im using as a server, the only heavy or consistent function is a 7d2d server which i've been trying to stress test, I accept the server is not exactly prime game server material but I'd like to get some insight on potential capability.

    The main parts are:

    8gb 1333MHz RAM

    Cpu: AMD A8 3820 Processor

    TDP: 65WOperating speed: 2.5 GHz (up to 2.8 GHz turbo)Number of cores: 4

    HDD is the stock 2tb HDD with 7200 RPM

    Pretty much stock: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03383082

    I've not actually noticed the CPU or mem run full even after setting maxed spawned zomiies to 120 and animals to 90. Admittedly I'm playing solo, but I jacked up the spawning to try and stress test it, and it mostly runs but going into skyscrapers results in some lag when fighting zombies. I used CM to spawn an assault rifle with a few thousand 7.62 rounds and I was experiencing the odd 1<sec lag fighting shooting multiple zombies.

    For those who have already ran stress tested do you know how this could potentially translate to players with the max spawned zombies set to 60-80 and animals to 50? (roughly half)

    If I was to install a fairly standard read/write speed SSD do we think I could get beyond the default 8 players or do I need to invest in better hardware to make this happen? At this point I'm not sure if I could even manage 8 with the above test.

    submitted by /u/Lor9191
    [link] [comments]

    Question: How do you stop irradiated zombies from spawning?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 07:57 AM PST

    Hello. I find the irradiated zombies found EVERYWHERE in higher game stages to be not very fun and I would rather not see their stupid, green bulletsponge faces in my game. I have heard 7d2d is highly customizable via editing the xml files, but all the tutorials I've found have been out of date; how exactly would one go about to get this done? I've tried using the entitygroups.xml from jbarrio's modlet 'Remove Radiated Zombies A17', but all that does is gives a permanent 'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object' as the game still tries to spawn in the greenies. Pls halp.

    submitted by /u/nogreenzambiespls
    [link] [comments]

    Hi there, question about FPS?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 03:39 PM PST

    So I've recently decided to get back into the game, I really want to give alpha17 a go, and I have a lot of time on my hands this month.

    To give you an idea, I played this game about a year ago, alpha16. My big issue is now, alpha17, I can't even run the game smoothly on the lowest settings. My specs go WAY over what is required, and my equipment is updated.

    Is there anything I can do at this point, to try and get the game to actually run decent?

    submitted by /u/TheSlothWhoWalks
    [link] [comments]

    MAC: Items are invisible

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 03:04 PM PST

    I've a MacBook Pro 13" (late 2012). I've no problems of running this game, except for the items. I can not see most of the items on the toolbar/inventory, so when I pick up something the only thing I see is the name of the item (when the cursor is on the square) and the number or pieces I have

    submitted by /u/Seasly
    [link] [comments]

    Hardly see Zombies

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 01:51 PM PST

    My SO and I are currently playing and have settled into a building that is tucked in an open space between forests, small outcrops of houses down the road. The only issue is we are hardly ever seeing zombies unless it is horde night. We did a pretty good job of cleaning out the trees in the intimidate surrounding area, which leads me to ask does the zombie spawn mechanics correlate with the amount of stuff that is around? We also have a fire/forge that is nearly always going and we are always outside upgrading stuff so we are making a lot of sound. We came across our first screamer ever after like 15 days, never see any roaming hordes and hardly ever get just the randoms that normally would wander through.

    submitted by /u/KillerPandora84
    [link] [comments]

    Super Secret Bunker POI

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 07:37 AM PST

    I walked by this POI more times than I know before i realized what it was. This video is for everyone that didn't dig deep when they should have!

    https://youtu.be/iVsAYsr3eX0

    submitted by /u/TxCelticWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble figuring out vehicles

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:49 AM PST

    So, my roommate and I have been playing this wonderful game the last couple weeks. We started from scratch and have been learning as we go. We are currently playing on the Xbox One. We just reached Day 41.

    We are really trying to figure out vehicles. We have sustained a growing base, weapons, food, etc. We just need to find a means of traveling better.

    After doing some research, I understand you need the Greasy Monkey perk to begin making vehicles. I'm confused, however. You need to increase your Intellect skill to unlock the perk to make vehicles. I've seen many PC versions of this, but I can't find any way to upgrade my Intellect, as well as just find the Greasy Monkey perk.

    If anyone could elaborate or give me any useful information, I'd appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/ItsNotReed
    [link] [comments]

    Some thoughts about game progression and the problems with the game(A17)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 11:48 PM PST

    Some thoughts about game progression and the problems with the game(A17)

    This game was extremely fun and challenge at the start, and it is slowly dying out for us because how ridiculous the fps drop on blood moon.

    At the start, it was really fun. Since we started playing since A7 on and off, my group is well trained and knew exactly what to do.

    Base 1

    Base 1

    Base 1

    Food was a massive problem due to the meat conversion from 5 to 1 during cooking and the lack of animals, but it was still somewhat manageable because of the corn field. Our initial base was about 15 x 15, made of wood. It was reinforced with all the scrap iron we could find and allowed us to survived the first two blood moon with no problem. We used it until the 3rd blood moon when I finally was able to make concrete and made the base about 50 x 80 (Yet a decision I later regret because the upkeep is too much and the lag due to massive electricity output was unplayable for us). One of my friend decided to take on farming task and quickly food was not even close to the problem because farming is very rewarding.

    The church area is also close to the trader which I found out I can rip off with hunting knives,iron clubs and iron tools early game to buy meat(yea 2 gold each with maxed trader perk), mining helmets for mid game and auger/chainsaws for late game. We now have way too much coin with no use besides buying ammo and ammo crafting mats that they have for sale.

    This base served us well until about the 5th blood moon, I had so much lag that my AK got stuck in firing and then I couldn't switch my weapon at all. I was stuck holding the AK, unable to fire until about the last few hours of blood moon and it suddenly started working again. Luckily my friends were there to hold them off and the blades did amazing work to the zombies that spawned in our base.

    This base is consisted of two buildings, one for all the crafting needs and storage, and one with all the electricity traps. Zombies would randomly spawn inside the corner of the walls during blood moon which was solved by replacing all dirt block with player placed blocks.

    After that massive lag, I decided to move onto the next base, this time I made it smaller with all the high end stuff because I hit lvl 100.

    Base 2

    Base 3

    https://i.redd.it/lql4wdzvape21.jpg

    It has 3 layers outside defense, barbed wire/metal spikes/blade traps. It worked great and reduced the lag by so much we had no problem until day 63( I will mention the detail later). At this point in game, we would spend most of our day time searching for mats, looting towns for scrap parts and go to wasteland for brass from cars, and spend most of the night time mining underground for lead/coal/nitrate. After I started making turrets, it made blood moon a lot easier. Shotgun turrets on all sides would shoot the zombies as they are struggling to make it to the metal spikes. When they do, we will just open fire with SMG and AKs to dispatch them.

    This time in order to reduce the messiness of the wire, when I started building the base, I dug small tunnels underneath the base for all the relay to connect the blade traps surrounding the base, it is still messy but it is a lot easier to control with all of the battery banks in one place.

    Everything was going well until the last blood moon on day 63. With everything turned down to lowest possible setting, my fps went from a normal 60 fps to a normal blood moon fps (30 fps) to a ridiculous 2 fps. And at one point, I got locked in the console with nullexception.reference blah blah blah spam. My friends were still able to finish off the hordes while I was getting killed slowly by a invisible vulture that only I can see. This is extremely frustrating and the nullexception.reference bug continued to spam even after a few restart. We all thought the game file became corrupted and is unable to continue, but due to some miracle, it worked again today.

    At this point, we just feel like any base of decent size is unable to continue our journey and we spend another 2 days to build our 3rd base. This time it is a mere quarter size of our 2nd base. We have yet to try blood moon horde on it.

    Base 3

    Base 3

    Final base

    A few thoughts on the current build:

    Our game is hosted on dedicated server with Warrior difficulty and one hour per day, zombies walk at day time and sprint at night time.

    Overall progression:

    Everything is working pretty good and balanced. I do feel like some of the lvl 70~100 perks should be moved to lower level because it is tough getting around with just a bicycle for so long.

    New Quality system:

    I actually really really hate the quality system because how the weapon does the same damage as level one. Besides the little damage mods add onto the gun (which makes none to little sense), there are barely any contrast between a lvl 1 and lvl 6 items, make it of a bigger difference and it will give more accomplishment towards late game.

    Weapon and tool mods:

    Absolutely amazing addition! This does make the weapons more special and you can change it on the go to suit whatever play style you like. But the selection of mods needs some rework on the tools, right now you pretty much have the same mods on axe/pickaxe/shovel because they add more damage.

    Sleeper zombies:

    This is a fun addition, we love going through houses and finding bigger reward at the end. With proper gear, we do have a blast doing these mini dungeons as the reward usually pays off for the effort we put in. I rather have this than going through houses finding nothing useful and with little threats.

    Airdrops:

    These needs a improvement, we are still getting garbage gear with maxed out looting even at game stage 300+.

    Game stage and late game:

    At game stage average of 200, almost 50% of the zombies are radiated zombies, and made blood moon unnecessarily long. By game stage average of 300, it is about 90% radiated zombie that just became bullet sponge. Every blood moon, we would spend 1500 9mm or 1000 7.62mm per person with turrets using about 200 shells or 500 9mm each. It just feels like it is not going to take long before there are no cars left in the wasteland and we run out of brass. The blade traps are great but they do cause lags in game when turned on. At one point, I guess we will just stop since there are nothing left for us to salvage against zombie blood moon attacks.

    FPS drop and graphical lag:

    This is one of the biggest turn off for us. During the normal blood moon, I have 30 FPS and my friends would have constant 60 FPS, I'm ok with it because at least they are having a blast and my specialty is building the base anyway. But when I have lower than 10 FPS, they will have about 20 fps as well and it makes shooting and suppressing recoil almost impossible with even fully modded guns. If the devs can optimize this better we will definitely keep going as there are at least half of the map we didn't explore yet.

    submitted by /u/Buckisop
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to fix the Vehicles breaking on rocks and Schematics being consumed?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 01:29 PM PST

    Like the title says, the vehicles breaking a couple percent over a couple rocks is stupid and we'd like to have schematics not be consumed when making the item.

    Is there a way to do this in the xml anywhere?

    submitted by /u/Compmau5
    [link] [comments]

    The Walking Reddits server is seeking survivors.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 01:23 PM PST

    The Walking Reddits server is seeking friendly, mature survivors for casual PVE play. New and old survivors are welcome. Solitary players that want some company in the endtimes are welcome also. Bag drops on death, normal zombies walk night and day.

    Please read the rules: https://old.reddit.com/r/thewalkingreddits/comments/9ym2cu/server_rules_application_general_info_a17

    Check out our subreddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/thewalkingreddits

    Live map: https://TinyURL.com/walkingreddits

    Interested? Please apply to: reddit7d2d@gmail.com

    Best of luck in the wastelands!

    submitted by /u/--vision--
    [link] [comments]

    Server host

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:01 AM PST

    Can u set up a dedicated server from your network and have it running when offline?

    Sounds kinda obvious but wanna make sure

    submitted by /u/Pjeril
    [link] [comments]

    POI Reset question

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 11:52 AM PST

    Is there a mod or an option to reset POIs to the default state? I know some quests will do this, and you can delete regions from the server, but it would be nice to reset the POIs that don't have a land claim block in them in case they get completely destroyed or become unlootable.

    submitted by /u/Zorix83
    [link] [comments]

    Adding mods to dedicated server hosted from home

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 10:52 AM PST

    Is adding mods as simple as creating the mod folder in the same directory as the data folder and all? making sure that both your client and the server have the same mods in there? in versions below 17 it looks like it used to be different? my server is up and running and has been fine for a few weeks, some of my buddies are asking for mods and we've got maybe 3 that we want to put on there, the gun mod that is mentioned here frequently that adds all sorts of other guns, a farm life mod and i forget the 3rd one... something about zombies doing 1 block damage

    submitted by /u/iamcrohnos
    [link] [comments]

    Zombie loot bag drop rate

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:45 AM PST

    Can you change the drop rate of zombie loot bags via XMLs?

    submitted by /u/sealsfood
    [link] [comments]

    I may have broken 7 Days. No Zombos showed up on day 7 :(

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 08:14 AM PST

    3 comments:

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel