• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 7, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - March 07, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - March 07, 2019


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - March 07, 2019

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Sign wars. I leave them alone for a minute...

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 10:21 AM PST

    Our Canada themed horde base!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 04:29 PM PST

    On zombies being too smart

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:48 AM PST

    Zombies are fictional, true. But they are still not supposed to be smart. They should not calculate complex paths or aim for the weakest block or dig underground. Seeing zombies that smart contradicts the common "zombie lore", and makes it harder to suspend disbelief.

    In Project Zomboid there are hordes of dumb zombies, and the game remains challenging, because there are lots of them. They they can swarm you and force you to flee or even prevent you from fleeing.

    In 7 Days to Die we cannot have that many zombies because of computational costs.

    Is there anything that can be done? Yes.

    Special zombies. Remember Left 4 Dead? 99% of zombies should be dumb, unable to dig, aim for weak blocks, etc.

    But what if there were special "digger zombies" with mighty claws and olfactory sense that would allow for finding player and digging, and thus made it kinda plausible? These special zombies could make path for the rest of the dumb horde.

    "Tank zombies" could have a damage bonus vs weaker walls (wood, sod, scrap iron), and they could make path for the dumber zeds. Exploding and/or acid zombies could be useful against metal doors, hatches, and stronger walls.

    Finding doors could be even made plausible (kinda) by, let's say, smelling. Special zombies could use smell to track where the player went, and if there is a door in their way, they could aggro, perform some special attack or maybe even self-destroy and spread corrosive substance around them. This would attract dumb zombies and make path for them. The dumb horde could then continue attacking the "marked" door.

    We really don't need every zombie in the horde to be a master of digging, door finding, and path calculating. Let them be dumb, but let the horde have a limited amount of special zombies. The necessity of taking them out would be beneficial for the gameplay.

    submitted by /u/drNovikov
    [link] [comments]

    A guy was trying to break a wall in his balcony, and the whole building falled down.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:26 PM PST

    Joel shows off wagon models being used to decorate POI's in A18

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 10:34 AM PST

    Is there any way to disable zombie respawns in A17?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 11:50 AM PST

    It would be great if you could capture cities and have outposts

    submitted by /u/Justin1970R
    [link] [comments]

    Quest only Challenge. Can you do it? What would be your rules?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:55 AM PST

    Do the quest only challenge:

    1. Can only clear quest POIs
    2. No Mining
    3. No Farming (hunting and collecting vegies from quest POIs or open fields are allowed)
    4. No forges (except when the traders are non-operational)
    5. No killing Zeds outside a POIs, unless a direct threat.
    6. No permanent hoard base, must use POIs during hoard nights (note rule #1)

    This challenge really makes traders important.

    I've had a ball doing this, you would be surprised on how much your perk point allocation changes.

    submitted by /u/Lee1776
    [link] [comments]

    New skill idea: Mason's Wit

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 01:59 PM PST

    This skills highlights damaged blocks:

    • blocks with 90-50% HP with yellow
    • blocks with 49% and less HP with red

    Skill only slightly highligts their wirframe, doesn't paint the whole block with yellow / red, but still gives subtle indication that block is damaged. Example: https://i.imgur.com/7OdD9tP.jpg

    This skill is usefull for people who like to build bases, usefull during 7th night horde and also for perfectionist like me who triggered by damaged blocks.

    submitted by /u/SonicSonedit
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone care to join me on my survival stream series? [Image]

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 06:37 PM PST

    Would anyone care to join me on my survival stream series? [Image]

    Its called the Tower of Pain and Im 9 episodes in ATM, everything I've explored in the past 28 days aside from the city that was discovered just recently I have done alone at the expense of 3 lives. (Sorry old map image) Everything I built was by myself. I want to use the tower as a central hub of resources and materials to start reclaiming the land we have lost (if your into the Role playing kind of thing). My next project is to build a Concrete for adjacent to the trader just west of the island etc and make a bridge to connect the 2 etc. But only once im comfortable. I am playing on adventurer but have the zombie spawn rate increased to 150%, so it gets hectic. I really want someone to play with who is preferably into Role playing and can keep up with my stream schedule ( for simplicity I stream this once a week to keep fairly organized, work etc.) My PSN is Holditdown91, who knows. Maybe we can put a end to the zombies. I have a some newly added crops for the TOP to decrease times I need to hunt. Blueberries and corn and potatoes :D. I truly believe this can be a fun and a unique experience for us. Please take the time and contact me if you love this game as much as I do. I know there are allot of players who have played for years, and seem fed up with the game and or bored. If you are one of those people, then dont waste time in the game if your not going to contribute. TY

    https://i.redd.it/dr7knr9w3tk21.png

    submitted by /u/MightyPainGaming
    [link] [comments]

    With all the negative comment of A17, is it possible to go back to A16 with Valmod?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:40 AM PST

    (X-post) Damn zombies knocking down bases again

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:19 PM PST

    Question about The Hunter mod

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Please help settle a debate between my friend and I because Google is not helping. I've found one random Steam thread that says The Hunter increases entity damage/damage towards zombies. I'm a bit confused on that since the description says improves damage towards living beings, and undeath doesn't really qualify for that in my mind. It would be a kind of useless mod if it only worked on boars, rabbits, snakes and bears but I could see why it would be that way for flavor reasons. Is there any way I can verify what it actually does through the code, an .xml file, anything?

    submitted by /u/whatswrongwithdbdme
    [link] [comments]

    New - how close?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 04:15 PM PST

    I'm starting my first base. How close to a town is too close? Can I build a small foundation and build up? As a tower?

    submitted by /u/danielbelum
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for players

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:49 AM PST

    Kind of just getting started with this game even though I've had it for a while. Been playing mostly multiplayer, but when switching to single player its a little boring so I'm looking for more people to play with. I can get on most evenings throughout the week ~6pm EST. DM me if you want to link up.

    submitted by /u/cynrax
    [link] [comments]

    Found the Zombie Loot!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 06:13 AM PST

    Good seeds for large (10k) maps in 17.2 beta?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 01:33 PM PST

    I'm trying to find a better seed with some big cities. We've had the issue on past servers of getting to a higher level, and having little to do in between horde nights.

    submitted by /u/Bladelink
    [link] [comments]

    any mod that adds more weapons and armor to A17?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 01:11 PM PST

    im started A17 3 days ago and i saw that instead of adding more melee weapons it removed one (forgot the name)
    im starting to get bored with only club, sledgehammer, machete, knife option.

    why aren't there bats, swords, axes etc etc in this game? ( im just giving options)

    submitted by /u/delukard
    [link] [comments]

    XP multiplier selection Bar

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:26 AM PST

    I'm really enjoying the new XP multiplier selection Bar. The new feature allows for a quicker or slower paced game.

    In the past, between a raiding a Large POI during the day and mining a Iron vain at night, I could easily level up 6 or 7 times within a 90 minute day. Now I can slow the rate and spend more time in a single game play, before reaching a high game stage.

    This also allows me to receive a Tier IV or V quest, without having receive XPs for all the blocking Tier I-III quests.

    Thanks FunPimps for adding the bar.

    submitted by /u/Lee1776
    [link] [comments]

    Crafting question

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:35 AM PST

    I just started playing again after a pretty long absence, so I'm new to A17. My question is about crafting higher quality tools and such. From what I can tell, the old system of leveling up crafting is gone, so you don't have to craft hundreds of axes to get better at crafting axes. So how do you get better at crafting? I read through the new skill trees, but maybe I missed it. Do you craft better quality tools by leveling up the Hammer & Forge skill? Or do the higher level ingredients (iron, steel, etc.) produce higher quality tools and stone tools will always be low quality?

    submitted by /u/pyrobryan
    [link] [comments]

    Newb question, are sledgehammers supposed to give no resources?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:35 AM PST

    I see these a lot as rewards from tier 1 quests, and they're a great weapon but I think I like an iron club better. They also are great at smashing rocks indecent at smashing through metal, but I noticed I was getting absolutely zero resources. Nothing from damage and also nothing from the final hit bonus.

    submitted by /u/scira
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons of choice

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 03:38 AM PST

    Assuming it's later in the game and you have access to all the weapons, which ones do you walk around with on a regular basis?

    I use a sledge for hand to hand, shotgun with buckshot for close quarter, and a marksman rifle for distance. I used to carry a crossbow for silent kills, but being quiet really isn't my thing so I stopped.

    submitted by /u/KronusIV
    [link] [comments]

    a17 pvp

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 10:32 AM PST

    opinion on a17 pvp atm? and does anyone know any good pvp servers atm? i read the latest patch notes on a17 and i think the fun pimps really did a good job in to bringing pvp back! :D

    submitted by /u/darkspeed17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel