• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - July 04, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - July 04, 2019


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - July 04, 2019

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    7DTD Wishlist

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    It's very simple. This is a wishlist of stuff I'd like to see implimented into the game.

    I've already posted a thread about this on the game's official forums but I figured why not share it with the subreddit, too? So let's get started...

    ----------

    First off I've seen from the forums there's a bunch of stuff that's highly requested by fans that I agree with;

    Fishing
    - Include the ability to Fish- Crafting of required tools, ability to catch and harvest fish, forage for bait

    Animal Traps
    - Include the ability to craft and place traps that over time will catch animals which we can harvest

    Farming
    - Include the ability to raise or capture Farm style animals using feed (Corn, Seeds, vegetables)(Chickens, rabbits, Pigs)
    - Ability for Farm Style Animals to breed to produce offspring which grow to harvest-able adults.
    - Other types of farm animals to be used for Farming lifestyles(Goats, Lamb, Cows - Eat grass, Harvest Milk, Harvested for Meat, etc)
    - Bees - For harvest of Honey, medical research for curing disease and illness. etc
    - More plants and abilities to harvest all grow-able plants to be planted.(Any plant that grows, the ability to harvest them and plant them)

    Signs and Notes
    - Ability to write messages on a plank of Wood or on paper, etc. (Example: Pen and Paper Style, Carved in Wood, Spray Paint)

    Draw bridges
    - Something to bridge across that lifts up so zombies fall into traps below.

    Sleeping
    - Players go to sleep for different time lengths to regenerate health, help cure illness, "Cover up" to help warm up. etc

    Weapons and Tools

    - Tools to better remove larger amounts of grass or harvesting plants and/or seeds. i.e a scythe to begin with, then a motorised weed whacker and maybe even a rideable lawnmower.
    *More accessory and types for weapons

    Wider variety of Zombies

    - Water logged Zombies, Cave lurkers, Postman Zombies and many other styles with loot that match their type.
    - EXAMPLES: Water logged Zombies - Bottle of Murky/Disgusting Water | Postman Zombies - Paper, books, schematics, etc

    Minerals
    - More mineral types

    ----------

    Alright that's all the highly requested stuff, so now let's get to the stuff I personally want to see added to the game.

    ----------

    Let's begin with combat...

    Dual-weilding

    The addition of a secondary hand slot so you can weild a second weapon or item in your off hand. This would lead on to the implimentation of...

    Sheilds

    Attach it to the secondary hand slot and you can use it to block attacks and maybe also somehow bash zombies.
    There'll be a few different types of sheild, starting with a weak starter wooden sheild, upgrading to an iron sheild, a forged iron sheild and a forged steel sheild. There'll also be a riot sheild. That's about all the sheild variants I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more stuff that one can make a sheild out of.

    Swords

    For a bit more melee weapon variety beyond just clubs. Short swords, katanas, broadswords, you name it. All made from cold, hard iron and steel, and all of them dealing quite a bit of cutting damage that inflicts bleed, and can easily chop off limbs and heads of zombies and other enemies.

    Two-handed weapons

    From spears and quarterstaffs to assault rifles, machine guns and flamethrowers. In order to weild these, your secondary hand slot must be empty, the tradeoff being weilding much more powerful weapons than anything you can hold single-handed.

    ----------

    And now to steer the subject away from weapons and combat...

    Boats

    Fishing is a highly demanded mechanic. You know what would go great with fishing? Boats! Plus it'd be a great way to traverse large bodies of water rather than having to swim all that way or try to find a way around.
    I would love to see a manually powered rowing boat, a slow sailing boat, plus a couple of motorized boats, one for cruising and fishing, the other purely for speed.There'd also be a really good reason to use boats, that being...

    Swimming hostile mobs

    Waterlogged zombies are already mentioned in the high demand list, but I feel there can be more water-based threats than that, like zombie piranhas and hungry sharks!

    Working plumbing

    Keeping to the theme of water, I'd like to see the ability to build water pumps and piping for a working water delivery system for if the player builds their base somewhere not close to any natural water sources.

    More general mob variety.

    As well as more zombie variety, I'd like to see some variety with all kinds of other mobs. Especially flying mobs, since right now it's just those dumb, annoying vultures flying around.

    ----------

    And this is where we get to the ideas that are more out there and unlikely to happen.

    Trains? Trains.

    I would *yay*ing LOVE to see trains and train tracks implimented into the game.
    It would be an amazing way to travel long distances across the map quite quickly.

    There'd be a whole train technology teir system.
    First you'd start with a ratty little thrown-together cart of a train powered by wood and coal, complete with ratty little thrown-together wagons which have storage boxes sitting on them where you store a bunch of loot to take back to base.
    Then you work your way up to a proper wood and/or coal powered steam engine, then a gas can powered deisel, and if you're really ambitious, you can build electric cateneries or a third rail for an electric locomotive. The wagons will become more like proper freight cars and passenger carriages as you go along as well.
    Yeah, you heard me, passenger carriages, that other players can sit in while you drive if you're playing multiplayer. Oooh that would be just magic.

    Could also add railway signals to help you know the track is clear...otherwise there could be a nasty, potentially explosive accident if you got more than one train running around on a track!

    Speaking of the tracks, you use wood for sleepers obviously, and at first regular iron for rails, but then you can upgrade them with forged iron and forged steel for lovely high-speed track.
    As for how you lay the track, I want to see smooth, realistic railway curves, not janky right-angles like in Minecraft.
    Let's have it so you lay track point-to-point, with a ghostly preview of what it would look like before you actually place it down, pretty much like how a game called Satisfactory did how you lay it's tracks only the tracks in 7 days to die will be normal train tracks not a monorail.

    Also we could have abandoned train station POIs in the cities, players could fix them up and use them as actual stations for their own trains.

    The trains could essentially act like portable mini-bases. Store up some weapons to defend yourself with and let the zombies come!

    ...I'm a bit of a train nut if you can't tell. Hehe.

    Airfield

    The player can work to build a runway, taxiway, hangar and possibly control tower on a bit of open, flat land, and then build some kind of device that signals THE *YAY*ING AIRDROP PLANE to LAND THERE and drop off it's cargo so you always know where to go for the airdrop.

    What's more, potentially the player could BOARD THE AIRDROP PLANE for a "You survived and escaped to a human stronghold" win condition. Having this as a final objective to work towards could be amazing for the game as a whole and a satisfying conclusion to all your efforts on each map you play.

    As a reward, it could also switch you from survival to creative mode for that map you completed so you can muck about with stuff you otherwise couldn't do in your playthrough and build whatever you like!

    ----------

    And finally...

    Bring back log spikes and zombie body looting!!!

    ----------

    Let me know what you guys think of my ideas and feel free to add your own ideas below.

    submitted by /u/handsome_vulpine
    [link] [comments]

    How to find a coal mine?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    How do you giys find coal mines? Or is there a more efficient way to get coal in A17?

    submitted by /u/hachmeister9128
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Its HORDE- Hoarding is what your mother does.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/WhiteLotusOfKugane
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to change/merge player data?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    Was playing on another account and have the world save from the %appdata% folder but now I'm on my own pc and logged into my account, however I start over from scratch at a new spawn in a random location.

    Is there a way to merge the player data from the other account to mine? I've tried renaming the player files but to no avail.

    edit* oops on pc

    submitted by /u/iwannaaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Pro Tip: Hope Your Game Doesnt Crash While Driving

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:17 AM PDT

    Was driving on my motorcycle. Just made it, did a mission, had some nice loot in it....game crashes mid ride back. Reload the game a few hours later and whoops! No motorcycle. No loot. Nothing.

    So just like... dont store stuff in your motorcycle and HOPE your game doesnt crash.

    (Ps no I dont have any mods and my computer can MORE than handle the game)

    submitted by /u/Oceanviolets
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't there more options for me besides "Debug Tools?"

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    Today’s the day

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    Today's the day I trade in my copy of 7d2d for the ps4 with no publisher console copies won't be getting any updates anytime soon, it's sad because I loved this game and was excited for the update to come to ps4

    submitted by /u/aokigahara_gay
    [link] [comments]

    miraculously, this crazy staircase works. Didn't like how the old stairs ran up against the wall for my base.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    Help me understand AI pathing now

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    I've played a good amount of 7 days with friends pre A17. Those were days where, while stupid AI. I found great satisfaction in building a castle like defense system of walls and moats with spikes and draw bridges and just running from wall to wall murdering stray hordes slowly pushing through different directions. I'd upgrade the material, add a layer, and the next harder horde would push a little farther. It was a good treadmill.

    So we started up an a17 game, and went to try our usual surround the structure with way too much wood spikes to help with the first blood moon, and it was completely useless. The AI broke through 1 narrow block of spike, and then every zombie from all directions circled around to that one point...It sucked and wasn't fun.

    Ok, so we go investigating and apparently the game is different now. You have to play it like a tower defense they say, build a maze...build a kill hallway. It's the only way. Blah but ok. So we decide to build a separate structure from our normal living. we build a 4 high hallway with a ramp up to where we stand and dead-ends at our back. So A U with a ramp down to the middle of the U up to where we stand at the bend. We hear that zombies will take the path of least HP resistance. They'll run around the outside of the U and into the kill hallway. OK.

    Except they don't. A few do. But a majority just bust through the side of the U and kick our ass. There's a clear, walkable path from the outside of the U, to the top of the U and then up to us, why are they deciding to murder the structure instead? What am I missing? All I can find are cheezy youtube videos of people making 100% effective mob farm gimmicks, I don't want that. I just want to understand the rules of the zombies now. I can't find any info.

    submitted by /u/ResplendentOwl
    [link] [comments]

    Here is a meme I just thought about.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Thosands of hoards are surrounding you during a blood moon. "Here comes the sun..."

    submitted by /u/SkillSpider1908
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true we are getting lock picks in Alpha 18?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    I hear talks about it but unsure, does anyone know if Lock picks are coming to Alpha 18?

    submitted by /u/TheHiddenYouTuber
    [link] [comments]

    Just sharing experience with a new world

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    I started a new game on a random gen map. I wish I could remember the seed so I could tell you all to try it.

    Day 1, I made it to the trader. I stopped in to grab a quest before heading to set up base for the night, but I had to close the trader door. I was attacked by multiple hordes, with 4 dogs and multiple birds! It took me until 19:00 to kill the insane amount of zombies. I used every arrow I had on the dogs.

    I'm out of time, so I go to a shitty structure next door and figure that will be my temp base. I'm probably 30 feet from the trader, and I'm attacked by another horde, another couple of dogs, and another couple of birds. Jesus. It's now almost 22:00 and I make it to the top of my structure.

    I've now been fighting so long and such a ridiculous amount of enemies for day 1 that I alt-tab to wait out the night - I figure "Fuck this, there is something wrong with this game."

    Morning comes, I think "Okay, maybe the game is going to act normal." Nope. I ran to a house down the street to clear it out and got attacked from by another horde with birds and dogs AND snakes as soon as I opened the door to to the house. Alright, I've killed them all, so I go in the house.

    I'm killing the zombies in the house, and they are respawning right after I leave the room. Pure fucking insanity. I leave the house and run down the street thinking "I've got to get to another area."

    I make it 50 feet down the street, I counted 4 birds that spawned and began diving for me. I saw them coming down, said "FUCK THIS", and deleted the save.

    I really wish I could remember that seed. Worst god damned seed ever.

    Game on Warrior difficulty FYI.

    submitted by /u/Govtomatics
    [link] [comments]

    7 days to die A18

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:37 AM PDT

    so i want to ask , what is the the release date of a18?(i mean when can we dowload for playing)

    submitted by /u/Mrspy2075
    [link] [comments]

    Motorcycle Bug?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:09 AM PDT

    I made a Motorcycle, thought it had storage from what I was told here and from what I saw online. When I hold E down, there is the refuel option but no option for storage??? From the Wiki below it should be simple, yet I do not see it anywhere.... Did I mess up making a motorcycle? It was suggested here on the forums, but there must be an issue with no storage icon??

    Mouse ← - Steer leftMouse → - Steer rightW - Throttle (move forward)S - Brake (stop) / ReverseSPACEBAR - Handbrake (quick stop)F - Toggle Headlight On/OffE - Mount/Dismount.Hold E to bring up the radial menu. Radial menu actions include: Drive, Access info panel, Access storage, Refuel, Repair, Honk horn, Lock/Unlock, Set Pincode and the option 'Take' which puts vehicle back in inventory.X - Honk hornShift - Sprint

    submitted by /u/Vaerth101
    [link] [comments]

    RWG seed location

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:32 AM PDT

    Is the local multiplayer world seed stored anywhere if you used a different seed from the name of the file?

    submitted by /u/Jents217
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel