• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - October 09, 2019

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - October 09, 2019


    Wildcard Wednesday - October 09, 2019

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to post anything you might have missed from the schedule below

    Day Topic
    Sunday Seedy Sunday
    Monday Modded Monday
    Tuesday Tips n' Tricks Tuesday
    Wednesday Wildcard Wednesday
    Thursday Base Tour/Showcase Thursday
    Friday Friend Finder Friday
    Saturday Streams/Let's Play Saturday
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Some neat roars in A18. Just wait until i get a vehicle then the fun begins !

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    Shock baton + junk turret = pretty useful bug

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    My A18 experience so far...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:04 PM PDT

    PSA: You still have to type "gfx pp enable 0" into the console to get better FPS for A18.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    Can we all just take a moment to celebrate the fact that FINALLY a melee attack out-ranges a zombie punch?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    For some reason I've had terrible luck hitting with sledgehammers, but on day one I got my hands on a 3 quality iron club and I've been smashing heads in for 11 in game days now. No more pre-swing run in/post-swing back up BS, no more magic hits when you're clearly out of range. Honestly it was one of the biggest turn offs for new players I introduced, hope they can be convinced back now.

    submitted by /u/DrThunder187
    [link] [comments]

    What's your most underrated skill (alpha 18)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:20 PM PDT

    I would have to say Parkour.

    The last level you can jump 2 meters high. That's ridiculous and so fun! Add that with run and gun.

    Man oh man. Lovely.

    submitted by /u/Samadams9292
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Where can I find coal easy? Im having a hard time finding it

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    I haven't played since alpha 16 and I'm having a hard time finding coal to craft some wheels and being able to make a bicycle.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Traight
    [link] [comments]

    Farming in A18 is such a PITA now

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    Old way - make a hoe, till some land, plant some seeds and you're good to go.

    A18 - gather 4 wood, 10 rotting flesh, 25 nitrate powder & 100 clay, craft 1 farm plot, plant 1 seed. Now repeat for every seed you want to plant.

    I have to say the A18 way of farming kinda sucks. It's going to be hella expensive to make any decent sized farm now.

    submitted by /u/timmodude
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha 18 is a welcome challenge.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    I just started playing a18 yesterday. I'm really struggling lol! I have a lot of experience with the game, but I've died about 5 times in my first 5-6 days. I feel like the bows don't do as much damage, and I haven't found a water source yet, which is adding to my woes.

    I welcome the challenge, but does anyone else feel like killing zombies is harder?

    submitted by /u/Hillsy85
    [link] [comments]

    So I just happened to spawn in a ravine that was exactly wide enough to fall down

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    Help! I died to the Cardiac Arrest debuff and now I respawn with the cardiac arrest debuff and will die in a matter of seconds. Any fix for this? Alpha 18 experimental build.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    We got ferals and raged zombies now..

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    I think its time to put a shield into the game.

    submitted by /u/Kayvak-R
    [link] [comments]

    Are secure chest the only way to store things now?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    I asked this on the forums but no one replied and I'm hoping someone here can answer this. A17 I liked using the secure crates because I could paint them to help me know what items are in what crate so I could sort my loot. Now I don't see that option anywhere in the building. I'm hoping its an oversight on my part, I do see a gun safe but that's not really going to work.

    submitted by /u/zachwildcat
    [link] [comments]

    Console COmmand to retrieve contents of death bag?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    My death bag is QAWAL, there;s a marker on the map but the bag itself is gone. I suspect it;s fallen through terrain or something. Any way to retrieve it via console or otherwise retrieve contents if you can't access it?

    submitted by /u/Carl_Bar99
    [link] [comments]

    Best early skills everyone will benefit from?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:11 PM PDT

    Vedui gives a really informational preview into using the new powered doors, hatches, and drawbridges in A18

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:09 AM PDT

    Ambient music needs way less percussion

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:54 AM PDT

    Devs have got the right idea by adding more ambient music, it's definitely what the game needs. But ambience is supposed to enhance the atmosphere not dominate it. As it is at the moment it's kind of distracting and annoying. There's WAYYYYYY too many drums and percussion and not enough low slow tones. Get rid of the beats entirely, they are not needed.

    THIS https://youtu.be/PdngeOgbiLU?t=1510 is what the music should be like. Minimal percussion, maximum eerie tones.

    submitted by /u/Bumhole_games
    [link] [comments]

    Friend D/C on hosted server

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Hey all, So my buddy and I are trying to play some A18 together, I'm hosting my game to him. We had played in A17 with little issue though the same thing would happen from time to time but not nearly as often.

    Essentially, he gets booted from the game and usually is unable to rejoin, he gets a connection timed out error or immediately just gets d/c'd after the initializing world and loading character screens come up if he tries to rejoin, It usually requires me to restart my game and he does the same and we start from scratch. I'd say it was maybe a firewall issue or something but as I said, he was able to play with me in A17 and we had a couple of hours of playtime with no issue already during A18 but the D/c's and constant restarts are a big nope.

    Any suggestions on fixes? Anyone have this issue?

    submitted by /u/Tide0z
    [link] [comments]

    A18 update

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    Is there something special I need to do to update to A18? My computer is still stuck on A17.4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no results.

    submitted by /u/Lunarmagus
    [link] [comments]

    A few alpha 18 questions

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    1 Did they change Navezgane? 2 Did they take away the garden hoe? 3 do they still have air drops? 4 are those air drops still mostly canned food?

    submitted by /u/tracersmith
    [link] [comments]

    What I did to improve A18 FPS

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    I'm going to put this out here for people to try if you are one of the unfortunate ones to have terrible FPS/framerate drops in A18 and haven't gotten it figured out yet.

    For starters, switching from fullscreen to windowed mode helped significantly right off the bat, but I was still running into massive framerate drops unless I was indoors, which seemed to get worse the longer I played.

    Also, the game doesn't have a borderless windowed mode, so I had to decrease resolution to I think it was 1600*1050 to fit vertically on my 1080p screen, and take up most of the screen horizontally.

    After watching CPU, GPU, RAM, and VRAM usage, I realized it was using up all my VRAM. I lowered the view distance to medium, texture quality (or whatever it's called) to half, and UMA textures to medium, and LOD distance to 10%.

    It's still using most of my VRAM, but it's not maxxed out anymore and I can play as long as I want to now at a fairly stable 60+ FPS.

    My system specs are as follows:

    Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9GHz 32GB 3200MHz RAM Radeon R9 Fury w/ 4GB HBM VRAM

    Seems to me that the issues are related to how GPU memory is used for the new textures. Hopefully they can optimize it for stable release. Would be interesting to see if people with higher VRAM amounts for their GPUs are the ones not having any framerate issues.

    submitted by /u/Aldakoopa
    [link] [comments]

    How are people using seed just the name of the map to use someone else's seed?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    Hey folks, I am pretty new to 7 days, and 100% new at generating and suing seeds. I am trying to figure out how to utilize a seed someone shared on here or the forum for my server but i can not pin down what actually needs to be done. The support with my GSP stated that I have to download the seed and put it into my save file to use it, or i can also use the seed code in the "WorldGenSeed" field in the config file, but then every post i see sharing seeds they only give the name, but I was told you can't sue the name of a seed to utilize that seed, as it might be a different map?

    Can anyone help me out here?

    submitted by /u/SquirrelTeamSix
    [link] [comments]

    Player times out attempting to connect

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:58 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I play the game with two friends who adore it, and we awaited A18 with barely bated breath.

    When the experimental hit, I began a new server. One player (P2) connects successfully, the other (P3) attempted to connect, but timed out in the connection. The player who successfully connects, the logs identify their username properly. The player who times out, the logs identify no username at all; all it describes is an empty quotation "". I am sorry, but the logs do not allow copy-paste.

    P3 adjusted everything, all needed ports open, uninstalled and reinstalled, still no changes and still drops the same. Ping is ~70ms, so approx. nil. Everyone plays on PC.

    Does anyone know this issue? Any ideas how to resolve?

    Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/Avenus114
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wanna start a new world w me on PS4. Msg back

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel