• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 7, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - November 07, 2019

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - November 07, 2019


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - November 07, 2019

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:05 AM PST

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My buddy and I have named this the Hall of Moria.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 10:32 AM PST

    The cycle of stupidity and A17 molotovs

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:35 AM PST

    Me and my friend love to play this game together and its led to some really amazing moments. I love how cinematic this game can be either when raiding POIs or frantically trying to survive the horde.

    This brings us to the molotov incidents. It started when I made the first few molotovs for the two of us. I decided wed split them of course so I drop half the stack out of the inventory like anything else. As yall are aware if you just drop molotovs they explode, and so they did, sending us sprinting around the house like morons trying to get away and put ourselves out.

    Fast forward to horde night. We have a crows nest set up above a house we had cleared, the plan was to shoot them as they crossed the moat and then use the bottom of the crows nest as a murder hole once they were inside.

    The zed came rushing in, we shot our rounds and then started throwing the molotovs. Only... after a few throws they glitched out and wouldnt throw anymore. I'm screaming to my friend about how they're broken and holy shit.

    He responds with a giggle as he moves to the lip of the hole and says, remember when you tried to give these to me. And he removes a cocktail from his inventory and it goes spiraling down into the horde below. We spend the rest of that night laughing our heads off as we rain broken ass molotovs down below. The cycle of stupidity was complete.

    submitted by /u/westover38008
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have the numbers on Backpack Scraping vs Smelting?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:06 PM PST

    Lets say you have a stack of raw iron and want to end up with normal iron. How much do you lose if you just hand scrap it vs put it in a smelter and then have the smelter output normal iron?

    submitted by /u/ChuunibyouImouto
    [link] [comments]

    Help adding mods (specifically JaWoodles mods)

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 03:48 PM PST

    Not new to the game, but brand new to modding. I want to add some mods that JaWoodle uses in his videos. I've managed to add one that changed 'encumbered' to say 'cucumbered', but the ones that change his HUD and one that adds a sorting feature, I don't know how to do. When you go to the site he links for the mods, it's just code and I have NO idea how to put that into the game files.

    Would anyone be willing to help or sort of walk me thru it? My group and I would greatly appreciate it.

    TIA!!

    https://github.com/Jayick/JaWoodles-Modlets/tree/master/JaWoodleDye/Config

    https://github.com/JaxTeller718/JaxModletsA18/tree/master/JaxTeller718_BackpackStashAll

    https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/145 (the one that just adds food and water to the hud)

    submitted by /u/shawniegore
    [link] [comments]

    Performance in alpha 18

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 08:54 PM PST

    What frame rates are you getting in alpha 18? i have a gtx 960 and i5 4690k 3.5 ghz i get 60 fps in buildings but it drops hard when i go outside

    submitted by /u/Sharp142
    [link] [comments]

    I just got 7 Days to Die today, every time I join a game it says "Not Responding" and then crashes

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:47 PM PST

    I am playing the game for the first time. I'm trying to join my friend's game. I make it into the game every time but after moving around a bit and navigating the menus the game displays "7daystodie.exe has stopped responding". I click "wait" and then it crashes. Any thoughts? I downloaded it today.

    submitted by /u/GamesBoost
    [link] [comments]

    make zombie arvestable for bones and rotten flesh

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 08:24 AM PST

    With A18 and the repair kit, duct tape are extremely important. Glue also required in a lot of mods. Of all the resources, Bones is always the one we're short of.

    The new farm plot taking 10 rotten flesh can take a while to acquire, but it's not too bad once you have a few to get self-sufficient for food.

    Was glad to find a book last night that give a chance to get bones and gems from the destruction of coffins, but I got like 1 bone after clearing an Amigone building.

    making zombie harvestable again for bones and rotten flesh would make total sense.

    submitted by /u/SyraphX
    [link] [comments]

    Turrets not working

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:58 AM PST

    I just spent about an hour real-time outfitting my base with various shotgun and smg turrets in preparation for the horde. They are all powered up, fully loaded with ammo, and are directed towards areas where zombies will be present.

    Much to my chagrin, none of the turrets fired a single shot. All I heard was the beeping targeting sound as they ineffectually track the zombies, but they never shot a single round.

    Am I missing something with turrets?

    Thankfully my trusty junk turrets are dependable.

    Update: you have to "lock" the ammo after you load it into the turret.

    submitted by /u/Impulse350z
    [link] [comments]

    How high you guys have your blood moon count?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 10:11 AM PST

    Default is 8. When I played a test game up to day 21 it felt a bit boring.

    I want to raise the difficulty by one level and raise the blood mount count. 64 sounds interesting but I don't think my PC would be able to handle it.

    I also don't do cheesy strategies. I have iron bars/pillars. If I can't fend against the horde before they break in then that's what I consider a failure. I "love" the feeling I get when a demolisher shows up and can ruin everything with one mistake from ym part.

    So, I was wondering how most of you play. What you think it's a good balance between challenge, fun and not destroying your FPS?

    submitted by /u/Alromn
    [link] [comments]

    Bearded Guys Gaming Raided me and made my day! Thank you from a small streamer!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:34 PM PST

    Are lead car batteries still wrenchable from cars?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 01:45 PM PST

    Haven't found 1 in a while. Must've broke down 15-20 cars by now. Do I need a certain level in salvage operations for it ?

    submitted by /u/CookizMonstz
    [link] [comments]

    I like A18, but since 16 it's been missing something

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:39 AM PST

    So far i'm really liking the changes in A18. I only have a few hours in so far but the difficulty and the schematic system i'm a big fan of, especially the talents. With just a handful of points I can defend myself and branch out to other things of interest. Thanks so much for that!

    One thing that I miss tremendously however is base building. Investing a great deal of time on the layout and organization and having something to be proud of once completed. After the zombie updates I've spent little to no time base building. I've just used point's of interest or a cheesy small horde night layout to deal with them since. My "Base" in all cases is just a small square tucked away that I store items in. Pretty much like a shed.

    I never thought I was the type that enjoying creativity and building. But the change has weighed heavy and it's certainly taken a large chunk of enjoyment from the game. Also efficiency as well, managing your time so when night falls you have list of things to do in your base. I enjoyed that.

    In the future it would be much appreciated if there was a game option of check box that would allow the zombies behave like days past, or less aggressive towards player made structures so building can be a thing again without having it rapidly destroyed in second's, making it worth wild and bringing that fun activity back.

    Thanks for the great A18 update!

    submitted by /u/Divine_Squire
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect to friends server

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 08:29 PM PST

    I know this question has been asked before. But no matter what I do I can join my friends server on 7d2d. Each time I try and connect I get to the "Connecting to server" stays there for a while and then kicks me back to the menu.

    I'm getting fairly frustrated because yesterday I could connect. Now no matter what I just can't connect.

    Have changed the XML file value to LiteNetLib. Have tried restarting many times. Tried launching with or without EAC. (My game won't launch with EAC enabled) Can't connect to any other friends. Have attempted a partial reinstall.

    Any help would be awesome. I can figure out what to do.

    submitted by /u/Tohab51
    [link] [comments]

    Can't seem to get Nitrogen to work any help appreciated

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 04:21 PM PST

    Having trouble with XP gain multiplier

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:33 PM PST

    I've got a dedicated server from AGS and they have been no help. I shut the server down and adjusted the "CP gain multiplier setting the the server config xml file and nothing changed. I looked in the actual server files and changed it there (not sure why it changed in one place and not the other) and it still didn't work.

    I have changed the settings, for how often the air drop happens, and whether it has a marker and that worked fine, that was in the same menu, but the do gain multiplier which was at 100 is now at 300 and there's is no change in XP for harvesting or killing zombies.

    Edit: this is on A18.

    submitted by /u/Drewbixtx
    [link] [comments]

    Help for 2 "new" players

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:34 AM PST

    hey guys,

    me and friend started a new game on the navezgane map shortly after a18 was released,

    were playing on a rather low difficulty, (ive only died once cause i was farming iron in the wasteland and hit a hub cap which turned out to be a mine lol), but were still struggling a bit,

    1. we dont have any food problems but i asked myself how farming works now, first i searched for a hoe but it turns out that thing was removed from the game and i can only plant seeds (except for shrooms) on "farm plot" blocks which are rather difficult to make especially early where youre mostly reliant on farming
    2. ive been wondering what the most effiecient way to farm iron is, ive never mined really much in this game, got most of my iron from destroying those metal piece blocks in the desert (1hit and they give 15 scrap metal), or dismantling cars with a wrench (which nicely gives fuel too)
    3. is there any way to craft lvl 6 items, i want to craft the semi auto sniper but the 4th sniper skill only allows level 5 crafting of rifles and the 5th level of the skill doesnt increase the level of crafted rifles anymore
    4. any tips for building a better base? weve beaten the 21 day yesterday, our base is made out of bricks (the red ones)
      and we always put wood spikes around it but the last bloodmon yielded big amounts of exploders and radiated zombies which dealt some dmg to our base and we dont know how long that wall will last and what to do better about it
    5. for weapons im not sure if we should switch to automatic, im using the hunting rifle and planning on using the marksman rifle (bit smaller dmg but faster rof) so i mostly snipe while crouching on our sniper tower and my mate runs around trying to lure the zombies to him while shooting with the pistol or the double barrel shotgun (weve lost the pump action somewhere) and im not sure if its worth for him to switch to the magnum (the problem here is that we only have a very small amount of bullets for it when compared to 9mm ammo) or the mp5 (which has less dmg per bullet spent than the pistol but higher dps) my friend ran through about 500 bullets last bloodmoon where i spent about 120 7,62mm ammo, so we always have to gather more 9mm ammo after each bloodmoon which would be spent more early if he would use the mp5, and we wonder which modifications are best for it
    6. Is armor worth it, it slows you down but u get less dmg in return but im not sure if its worth it
    submitted by /u/PoiseBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Terrain in the distance bugged

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:54 PM PST

    I started a new map today 15kx15k and the terrain in the distance is bugged. It shows the wrong terrain levels but when I move closer it loads the correct terrain. However if I move away it shows the bugged terrain again.

    Is their anyway to fix this?

    Album of me walking towards some bugged terrain and the last image is me moving back and it showing the loaded glitched terrain. https://imgur.com/a/O5YDn1b

    submitted by /u/_RrezZ_
    [link] [comments]

    Bm base on a cliff question

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:51 PM PST

    I found an ideal spot in pregen01 for this . The base will not be "underground " but on top of the plateau with sloped terrain leading to it , yet one side nearly 90 degree vertical slope, cutting off an access point

    My question is and should apply to most bases on elevated terrain. During bm if they spawn at the bottom of the cliff , will they run around to the obvious terrain incline to reach the top

    Or dig up ? Has anyone had one of these and tested

    submitted by /u/rgoins89
    [link] [comments]

    How many decor blocks are in vanilla survival recipes now? Do you still need custom recipes to make all the decor blocks?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:47 PM PST

    Church Stone - What is it?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I've been playing around in the new Alpha 18 update, and came across a really big church / cathedral that I'd like to clean up and outfit into a base.

    My problem, is that I accidentally broke a block in one of the walls and I cannot find a replacement block in the creative menu. The block looks like a cobblestone retaining wall like this.

    Anyone by chance know the name of it?

    submitted by /u/DaddySanctus
    [link] [comments]

    What is XP Penalty?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 01:15 PM PST

    I died once and it said max HP penalty reached, then died again now I lost 10% xp and have near death trauma.

    Can someone explain this to me I can't find anything on it on google :/

    submitted by /u/CleverCleveland
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find nitrate deposits Alpha 18

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 11:57 AM PST

    Hi,

    I recently started a new file on Alpha 18 and have been looking all over for nitrate deposits, yet haven't found a single one even after searching on every biome for hours. Did they remove them in alpha 18 or something?

    EDIT: found one in the snow biome. I guess they're just super rare

    submitted by /u/temporalthings
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel