• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 10, 2019

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - November 10, 2019

    7 Days To Die Seedy Sunday - November 10, 2019


    Seedy Sunday - November 10, 2019

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 09:08 AM PST

    Have you found or are looking for a good or interesting seed to use?

    If you're sharing a seed please use something similar to this format for others to easily find what they might be looking for

    Game version (A15/16/17/etc):

    Map size:

    Seed:

    Map Coordinates:

    Features/POI's to look out for:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Endgame Idea: Rescue!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 09:29 AM PST

    I'm sure endgame ideas like this have been shared before. If not, here we go:

    There should be a way to finish the game by "winning". It should be completely optional, something you can decide to do if you want to wrap up your time spent in the wasteland. The best way I can think of is to be rescued (or rescue yourself).

    We know there are other survivors out there, far away, with a functioning airport. They drop us airdrops regularly from small planes. They must be in a safe zone and probably have more information about the current state of the world than we do. They probably know the boundaries of the infected world and are struggling to bring as many survivors together to preserve humanity. I think our endgame should be communicating with and eventually escaping to the survivors and their safe zone.

    Step 1: Reach A Certain Game Stage.

    Once you've reached a high enough game stage the airdrops should start to include blueprints for the following 3 items: a long range antenna, a radio receiver and a transmitter. Each blueprint should be tied to a specific game stage, perhaps 150 for the antenna, 175 for the receiver and 200 for the transmitter. Once you have built the antenna and receiver you should be able to tune in a few working radio stations and a survivors' information channel. This channel will replay recorded messages including the location of their safe zone, instructions to contact them on a specific frequency and tips to survive. Building the transmitter should allow you to send a message to that frequency, triggering the big endgame activity. This process can be stretched out (if needed) by introducing codes that need to be deciphered, unique items that need to be found or built to complete the radio system, etc.

    Step 2: Start The End.

    Once you have sent a transmission to the survivors they should confirm receipt and a transmit instructions to build an airport suitable for a small plane to land and take off. The instructions will include a minimum runway length & width, lighting requirements and mandatory defensive system including a surrounding wall and turrets to protect the runway during extraction.

    You (and your team, if playing with others) will need to build this basic airport. It will take time and require resources and a broad set of skills to complete. You'll need to build (or buy) concrete walls, battery banks, generators, lights, turrets and stash of fuel to keep everything powered for an entire week. Once everything has been completed you will send a new message to the survivors asking for rescue. This will trigger the final step.

    Step 3: The Final Horde

    The survivors have received your message and will come to your rescue. Your mission is to protect the airport until they arrive. They will land at 6am on the morning after the next scheduled horde night. The game will activate the Final Horde on the next horde night; a punishing game setting that includes the most powerful zombies the game has to offer in numbers you've never encountered before. Packs of dogs, squads of cops, flocks of ferals... it'll be the hardest horde night you've ever had to deal with.

    If your airport meets all the requirements and is still intact at 6am the morning after the Final Horde, you will be rescued and fly off into the sunrise with the survivors. If your airport isn't the right size or doesn't have enough lighting the survivors will fly off after dropping a standard airdrop that includes the instructions for the airport to remind you what you need to build. If the airport wasn't strong enough to withstand the Final Horde the survivors will simply fly away, assuming you were killed. You can try again at any time by sending a new request for rescue over the radio, triggering a new Final Horde.

    This endgame idea shouldn't require any new mechanics in the game and there are sufficient item models for all new items (antenna towers, receivers and transmitters) already in use as cosmetic items. The big requirements: script, voice talent and new audio recordings for the game to introduce the survivors over the radio system. The Final Horde can simply be whatever the current game stage horde night settings are plus 25% to the number of zombies and how powerful they are (or more, should be tested obviously).

    My original thought was to add an airplane schematic to build and fly out of the wasteland on your own but I think a multi-stage rescue makes for a better ending.

    submitted by /u/RoadieShow
    [link] [comments]

    3 Base Designs that Cheese the AI pretty hard.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 12:45 PM PST

    Absolutely awesome community.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:23 PM PST

    I just wanted to say I'm extremely happy I started to play this game because the community is so wholesome.

    I started playing maybe 2 weeks ago now, I'm still learning the ropes but I got most of the basic stuff. Now it's time for me to move on to the advanced building and and more difficult tactics. It's insane how time just ceases to exist while playing, I mean except for in-game time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I wanted to say thank you, simply for being a great community and providing help when players needed it (such as myself) and I sometime hope to share my adventures here while exploring the future of this game.

    Have a good time everyone.

    submitted by /u/CleverCleveland
    [link] [comments]

    Zombies ruined breakfast. Lol

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 03:47 PM PST

    I'm not telling this story to rent or complain, I just thought someone else might think it's hilarious. I play on Xbox one.

    Morning comes around, and I harvest my garden that has everything but potatoes. I go inside to my kitchen, and queue up 27 blueberry pies, 75 bottles water, and then a screamer lady came around the front yard kicking up a ruckus. So I went out there, and killed her and the zombies she summoned, couldn't find the last one, came back, and saw that the one I couldn't find was in my kitchen, and destroyed my campfire with the days rations inside. Freaking zombies! I didn't know they could do that. Looks like I'm eating yucca today. Oh well. Annoying, but also funny. Yeah, I'm a homesteader.

    submitted by /u/liquidklone
    [link] [comments]

    Here's my minimalist home

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:09 AM PST

    When you haven’t checked the mail in a few days

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 11:06 AM PST

    A proper apocalypse outfit.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 01:07 PM PST

    How do you get the “pretty” doors?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:05 PM PST

    Basically as the title says. Are they creative only? My friend and I are sick of the beat up lookin doors in our house.. that's all. Sorry for the stupid question 😂

    submitted by /u/dlham11
    [link] [comments]

    Uh... Anyone seen my diaper?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:30 PM PST

    My Best Horde Base Ever from A16, now in A18. I'm surprised by how well it actually worked! Electric fences seem much more effective now?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:21 AM PST

    is it worth getting 7 days to die in the state it is in right now for 30$?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 01:05 PM PST

    Can you make a client based server into a dedicated server?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:50 PM PST

    So my friends and I have been playing on a server that my friend hosts. But when he logs off, it kicks us all off. A dedicated server seems fairly straight forward on how to start, but I was wondering if we could continue this server as a dedicated one? This way my other friends and myself can come and go as we please.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated!

    Edit: We have put quite a few hours into this server already, so of course we do not want to restart on a fresh dedicated server.

    submitted by /u/Sneakyfetus6
    [link] [comments]

    Do fetch/clear quests reset POIs?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:13 PM PST

    Basically title, do the fetch and clear quests from trader joes cause the POIs that you may have already cleared to reset when you begin the quest?

    submitted by /u/Berto33
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with "Kill X Amount of X zombie" quests

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 08:58 PM PST

    My last two kill quests have been bugged as far as I can tell. First I had the "Kill 3 football players" one and only 2 spawned...I waited and waited in the designated area but the third never spawned. I eventually gave up and dumped the quest. Today I had the Screamer quest, and again...only 1 of the 2 required to kill in the area spawned...Is anyone else experiencing this? I did try logging out and back in again but nothing still.../cry

    This is occurring on PC with most recent build

    submitted by /u/TheProphaniti
    [link] [comments]

    Looks like Australia's blood moon is on the 8th instead of the 7th. Must be something to do with timezones

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 12:48 AM PST

    Is it a good idea to take over a building for a base?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 10:05 AM PST

    So I just started playing again after an almost 2 year break( computer broke). I'm loving alpha 18 so far and I'm on day 2. I found a neat little morgue I think, and I was thinking of making it a base. It has some nice rooms I could fortify, an attic, and I plan on doing some underground work eventually. Maybe a tunnel system to an escape house. My only thing is that it is close to the city in the desert. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/illusiveman150
    [link] [comments]

    Is the sound in this game busted, or is something up with my computer?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 08:21 PM PST

    I don't know how many have of you have played other games like counter-strike or CoD, but you're typically able to use sound to feel out what's going on around you. But in this game I feel like something's up with the sound engine, you hear a footstep and the only information you can gleam from that is that someone stepped somewhere. Whereas with other games when you hear a footstep and you're listening carefully you can tell what room they're in, how far away they are, if they're below or above you ect.

    What's up with that?

    submitted by /u/LampLanguage
    [link] [comments]

    Does placing bedrolls help control zombie spawning on xbox?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 11:26 AM PST

    I'm taking over a hub city in a creative game to mess around with some base ideas, and after I go through and kill all the zombies I can, how do I keep spawning low so I mostly just have hordes? Is it possible to just put bedrolls down on the buildings I want?

    submitted by /u/MechaBitch
    [link] [comments]

    Installing 64bit

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:23 PM PST

    How do you install/play the 64bit version? Had a look around and it all says its an option in the launcher, but I don't see it at all.

    submitted by /u/Flynns
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I try to load up a world, this happens. I’m on alpha 18 stable, and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing works. Help. I’m on MAC.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 12:21 PM PST

    Wonky spawns on my server... where are my zombies :(

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:52 PM PST

    So, rented a Pingperfect server for a group of friends (all playing on PC). Tonight we had two people playing in a big desert town and two people in a smaller forest town, and the desert people were seeing normal zombie spawns while us lonely forest people had no wandering zombies and just one or two sleepers in buildings. Then as soon as the desert players logged off I turn around and there's a horde right behind me, yay. So I figured 30 was too little and changed the settings to max 60 spawned zombies so maybe there would be enough to go around. But now I'm the only person on the server, I'm at the forest town, and I'm still seeing no wandering zombies and one or two sleepers. Forest spawns were much better this morning... any ideas?

    submitted by /u/msfires
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find blueberries and corn with some degree of regularity/respawn?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 10:59 AM PST

    Best Spear Throw I've Ever Had....

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:37 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel