• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 19, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - November 19, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - November 19, 2019


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - November 19, 2019

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 09:05 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    We disabled horde night, and have never had more fun.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:33 AM PST

    We've come to the conclusion that the only way to beat horde night these days is to cheese the AI, which is no fun. Having a disabled blood moon means we don't spend as much time on the base so we have more time to explore, do quests and raids. Have anyone else done this? I'm aware of the ironing.

    submitted by /u/lambdaball-z
    [link] [comments]

    Check Out Alpha 1.1 (Thanks Capp00!)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 12:46 PM PST

    I upped the loot to 1000% and made the horde come every night

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 12:42 PM PST

    So mych fun playing this game now. I am mowing down zombos like a post apocalyptic warlord!

    submitted by /u/Undead_Chronic
    [link] [comments]

    Do you play in Navesgane or random gen? why?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 08:54 PM PST

    Couldn’t wait ‘til Thursday

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:22 PM PST

    7 Days To Die: Jackass Edition

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:10 PM PST

    Looking for a good mod or XML guide to up zombie spawns and difficulty overall

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:01 PM PST

    Title.

    I've seen people post about cranking up zombie spawn rate to X%. I've tweaked with the spawning.xml file, but I can't get it *just* right. Also have seen posts about gamestage file tweaking.

    I'm wondering if anyone who has messed with these files can show their .xml files so I can transcribe, or point me in the direction of a good mod.

    I've messed around with increasing XP, 2 skill points per level, Survivalist difficulty.. all trying to make a realistic and "fresh" apocalypse and interesting playstyle. (fresh apocalypse means not much has been scavenged yet, zombies bodies not yet decomposed, more durable) I've messed with the givexp command and noticed that post level 100 you REALLY need to grind the XP if you were to play legit, not many will get there. I'm looking for a mod or gameplay alteration to the .xml files that would take whats supposed to be the entirety of the game/levels and condense it to the mid/early-late game and not just the suuuuuuuper late game.

    submitted by /u/MisterDomino15
    [link] [comments]

    Seems to be the best way to deal with end game demolition zombies

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:18 PM PST

    Forced log-off/crashing after opening loot container/inventory

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 09:47 PM PST

    Since I took the hotfix the other night, I've noticed that after playing for about 15-20 minutes, opening my inventory or looting a container causes me to log out of my session and sometimes crashes my game entirely. Anybody else experiencing this issue? I did not experience this on previous verisons of A18.

    submitted by /u/bunkerbuster338
    [link] [comments]

    Newish to the game. Do you all have 2 bases? Horde base and resource base?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:28 AM PST

    This game has bitten me and I'm loving it. I've been watching some YouTube streamers and it seems that they build small bases strictly for horde night and another 'home' base. I wanted to see what you guys do?

    I was told not to user pre existing POIs but I found a big barn with a silo out back that seems to be near a bit of everything (water is close too). So I've been fortifying it and I'm thinking about hardening the silo with flagstone. I've defended it twice. I'll jump from the silo to the barn's low roof and the junk turrents kick on. It seems like a good strategy but I'd love to hear other thoughts.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Sirloin_Tips
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a server to play on

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 04:17 PM PST

    I've gone through discord, google, even reddit, and all the servers I join that advertise that it's a "welcoming server" end up being a group of closed people who don't care to make friends w new people. Every time I log into a new server and try to make friends I get ignored and they all keep to theirselves. (PVE)

    submitted by /u/Verenisse
    [link] [comments]

    Farming Mod

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 01:50 PM PST

    OK, so I have been using the Farm Life mod since I found it earlier this year, and found that it had been broken with A18. That was really disappointing, especially because I can't seem to find any info on when/if it is going to be updated.

    That being said, I wasn't just going to let it go and have spent the past day tweaking and working on it and I now have it working!

    Here is the rub. It specifically says on the page for the mod that it is not allowed for re-distribution, as the creator (Stasis) put a ton of work into it. So now I am not sure how to reach out to him, or what I should do with this information. There are a couple of tweaks that have to be made to the items file, as well as a new location for the images.

    Does anyone still use this mod, or know how I can get ahold of Stasis?

    submitted by /u/buckeye-hawk86
    [link] [comments]

    7days 3d?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:45 PM PST

    Has anybody tried this with the Oculus or Vive? If so, how does it run? I sooo want to run this on a VR rig and it to run fairly clean.

    submitted by /u/Pineapple_Crush
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone to play 7daystodie.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:12 PM PST

    Loot exploit(s)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:06 PM PST

    When you activate a quest rally point, it resets the POI in which the quest will take place to pristine condition. All mobs, loot, and construction will magically return to how they were. So if you have a quest in a POI you've never visited, go through it and completely clear it out before activating the rally point. Wrench the fridges for electric parts, shovel the bags for cement, break the windows and mirrors for glass, wrench the cars for gas and parts. With a chest located nearby(but far enough away that the reset won't erase it), you can carry off quite a haul. When you activate the rally point, it'll all reappear.

    That's probably considered an exploit, but what I'm about to describe ABSOLUTELY is an exploit, and should probably be removed from the game if possible. If you activate a quest rally point, enter the POI, get a certain distance away from the rally point's location, log out, and then log back in, the rally point will reappear, allowing you to reset the loot, mobs, and structure in a POI an infinite number of times. In this way, you can reacquire everything in a POI for as long as you want.

    As I'm not crazy about the new XP setup, I feel semi-justified in exploiting this issue. Though if TFP removed it, I would not blame them at all.

    EDIT: This is only confirmed on single-player. I would think that for it to work on multi, all the players would have to log out. Maybe someone could test it.

    submitted by /u/bahua
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha 18.2? I dont see any patch note

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 05:02 PM PST

    Hey guys! Can you help with this? I put the game on unstable build and now 18.2 is available. But i dont find any information on it

    submitted by /u/Meme-Survivor
    [link] [comments]

    Modding

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 11:56 AM PST

    Does anybody know of some good tools for learning to mod? I have an idea for a mod that would fix my biggest gripe, but so far don't see any like it on the lists.

    Basic idea is zombies deal less damage to blocks, and take damage from attacking stronger materials, but also makes crafting stronger blocks much more expensive. Maybe make my own darn push-able wheelbarrows and shopping carts.

    submitted by /u/goodsnpr
    [link] [comments]

    HD?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:27 PM PST

    What do I need to have video card and ram wise to run High Definition like 1080 or higher? Just trying to figure out before I buy a new parts this holiday and will my rysen 5 support it or do I have to upgrade that too. Keep in mind I only bought a pc too run this game only.

    submitted by /u/zachw21
    [link] [comments]

    what a beautiful sight

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:12 AM PST

    (ask) Would anyone know where I can find paint cans?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:26 AM PST

    As title says I am searching for paint or paint cans so I can label some boxes and get serious organization happening. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/SquishPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    A18.1 Blade Traps Not Working

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:04 AM PST

    I've seen a post or two about blade traps not working at a depth of 24 but not really anything else anywhere.

    Quick description of our base is a square compound made of concrete with a 5-block-wide trench around dug all the way to the bedrock (drawbridge used to cross the trench). About 4 blocks above bedrock we have a layer of concrete beams covered in metal spikes (so we can go underneath the beams and repair the spikes).

    Also spread around are some blade traps that we have powered and are spinning. However, last horde night, when a zombie fell into the trench and landed on the blade traps, they just stood up and were able to run. The blade traps seemed to do no damage (since they had no durability loss/couldn't be repaired).

    We also have some electric fences placed on top of the spikes that didn't seem to trigger either (no repairs the next morning, and I can confirm zombies crossed the powered wires). However, when I walk into the electric fence, it shocks me, but not the zombies.

    Has anyone run into stuff this?

    *Side note: Sometimes the zombies fell onto the spikes. The spikes then damaged them and "knocked them down" and sometimes they'd glitch between the spikes into the safe/walkable path underneath the beams. Not relevant to the post but just thought I'd share in case anyone else ever had a similar idea and should watch out for it.

    submitted by /u/Doctor_Pho
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel