• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - December 17, 2019

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - December 17, 2019


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - December 17, 2019

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:04 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When you need to repair after horde night

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:05 AM PST

    Open road

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:22 AM PST

    28 Days Later Challenge

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:08 PM PST

    Zombies set to sprint at all times of the day, with blood moon set to every 3 days. During blood moon, zombie move speed is set above sprint to 'nightmare'. 24 hour day cycle set to 60 minutes. If you can survive to 28 days without a single death, you win the challenge.

    Yeah, its gonna be hard as hell. Its gonna be more like fighting infected than your typical slow moving zombies, like in The Walking Dead, Dead Rising or State of Decay for instance. But if anyone can manage to do this (preferably without using cheap tactics) and post proof, it'll be badass.

    submitted by /u/Immarrrtal
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one that doesnt turn their gamma up?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:29 AM PST

    I feel more immersion if everything is super dark and forced me to become reliant on torches and flashlights or my headlights on minibike

    submitted by /u/CoolDudeBroseph
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded the base.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:44 PM PST

    Loving Alpha 18!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Death from above! I love the Gyrocopter :D

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:36 AM PST

    Ridiculous idea #394: burial of zombie corpses for sanitary reasons

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:59 PM PST

    Get this, cats nowadays dig realism, so here it goes: zombie corpses will bring disease if not dealt with. Debuffs will be applied to whoever hangs around the (ever increasing) piles, and consumables will also become tainted. Plus, zombie activity will be increased in the area.

    OK OK, the game engine doesn't support corpses, so they disappear in time. With this in mind, each corpse will leave an invisible "signature" in its place. To counter the increasing weight of these "signatures", a player must dig a ditch, and select it as a mass grave. For visual effect, zombie corpses - and flies and stuff - would appear there, as long as zombies keep dying in the area. By doing this, the player prevents the sanitation debuff.

    Or maybe implement a crematory mechanic, but I have to think this one through.

    submitted by /u/apostrophefz
    [link] [comments]

    Horde night not activating after changing time via console commands

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:51 PM PST

    My friends and I play on a dedicated server via GTXgaming. At one point to test a structure we had made, i used the admin commands to change the day to a future horde night, then changed the time back. However, ever since then, all the horde nights leading up to it have failed to occur.

    As in, we were looking at night 56 horde night, i moved ahead to night 124 to test. Now nothing happens on night 63, 70, 77, etc.

    However, when i go further in time, horde nights still occur. I have backed up, wiped and reloaded the server. I have changed the game version back to 18.0, and tried it with latest experimental. Issue still occurs.

    Anyone else had this occur? Or know how to fix it short of starting over?

    submitted by /u/Kazzad
    [link] [comments]

    Heavy GPU usage

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:28 PM PST

    Anybody else experiencing 100% gpu usage in RWG towns

    I play for 20mins then the game just tanks in towns from 60fps-8fps but out in the open it's fine

    submitted by /u/Captainweirdo54
    [link] [comments]

    Obtaining a Coffee maker

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:00 PM PST

    Hi everyone

    Recently I have built a bar/diner in my base and to help make it feel perfect I wanted to put a coffee maker/ coffee pot behind the counter. I have seen them in some POI's around the map and I was just wondering if anyone knows of ways to obtain this object.

    Thanks in advance, Noisy

    submitted by /u/yrnNoisy
    [link] [comments]

    Demolition Zombies

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:27 PM PST

    I was doing different experiments, in testing the best ways to kill these guys, without them blowing up. I noticed that dart traps work very well but still take time to kill them, which gives them enough time to bust through before they die. I then found something that works even better. I killed one, with one shot in the head from my 9mm, with an AP round... OFF COMES THY HEAD! Anybody else find a good method?

    submitted by /u/1AngrySoldierGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Graphical Issue

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:46 PM PST

    So up till the last update, I was able to play on high textures, etc, and get 60+ FPS. Now, I have to play on half graphics/textures and I get 80-100 FPS but it kinda looks cheesy. If I turn it up to high like I could previously run, I get 15-25 FPS and it gets choppy standing still. Any idea on what transpired from the last update to this one (18.5 I think).

    Here are my specs, just in case:

    Cpu: ryzen 5 1600 Motherboard: asrock b450m pro 4 Ram: 8gb ddr4 hyperx 2400hz Power supply: 500watt thermaltake 80plus certified Gpu: gigabyte windforce gtx 980 Nvme: 256gb Hdd: 2tb

    submitted by /u/dmanchrist
    [link] [comments]

    7D2D Mod Launcher won't run

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:42 PM PST

    I've sent the below info to the "need more help?" support email link, on the github page

    I've used this mod launcher for a couple of years now. I've been running DF on it, with my last play just last week.

    I got an error the last 2 times I played it, but when I did, I could click on the "x" or the ok and it would launch. Today, I am unable to open the launcher at all. I've deleted it and re-downloaded a couple of times. It keeps erroring and won't open.

    This is what it says (I can't copy it, so I'm typing it out):

    Error Starting Application:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex
    as System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(int32 value)at_7D2DLauncher.frmMain.LoadAlphaLIst() in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4148 at_7D2DLauncher.frmMain.InitializeScreen() in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 438 at_7D2DLauncher.frmMain..ctor(String[] args) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 176

    at_7D2DLauncher.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 38

    It shows up no matter what. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Undeniable_1
    [link] [comments]

    Misplaced POIs in random gen(A18.2)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:36 PM PST

    Started a random gen map a few days ago, and specific POIs have been a little off on placement. One type of fire station and an army base is always 4 blocks too high, and another army outpost that's 2 blocks too high, there's a house or 2 that's 1 block too low, a car lot that's 4 blocks too high and took the road with it, and random corner buildings and small water towers that are spawning in the middle of the roads. Is this a universal problem or just our seed?

    submitted by /u/iHaxxu
    [link] [comments]

    A change for 7.62

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:57 AM PST

    I would really like if you could stack 7.62 in stacks of 300 instead of 150. With a low carring capacity this would be an amazing change.

    submitted by /u/Viking_in_Disguise
    [link] [comments]

    What tools are best for what?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:16 PM PST

    I am new and I have looked on the wiki tables, but I do not fully understand it.

    What is the best tool type to destroy and to harvest each type of item?

    Is higher block damage best to destroy? If so what value do I look at for harvesting?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/paxilpwns
    [link] [comments]

    XP Sharing on multiplayer question (Traps XP and Building)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:38 AM PST

    Hey all! I run a good old fashioned LAN Party every New Year for three days, and 7dtd has become a staple for us.

    With the introduction of trap xp, I was wondering if that kill xp is shared as well and who gets the majority of the kill xp?

    I also was wondering if the xp was shared for building as well? I've noticed a significant boost in xp when working with cement, and I was wondering if that xp was shared as well?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Abzug
    [link] [comments]

    New wood piles

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:16 AM PST

    So it doesn't really make any sense that you have to chop already chopped wood. You should just be able to pick it up

    submitted by /u/Killswitch2584
    [link] [comments]

    Expressions of Interest for a Solo/Duo server [AU|NZ] [PC]

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:59 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    With the new A18 update I have recently gotten back into 7DTD and have been thoroughly enjoying my time spent in-game. I have been playing with friends and sadly they have been restricted to playing only when I am on as I host the server off my PC. Through a brief discussion, my friends and I thought of setting up a dedicated server would be a good idea. Like many games the more people you play with, the more fun it becomes so I thought it would be a good idea put the offer out to anyone who would be interested in joining us in our little community.

    As stated in the title, This server will be hosted near Australia and New Zealand however this does not mean that only people in that region can join. This server is open to anyone and everyone. This server will also be a solo/duo server meaning that group sizes are limited to yourself or one other person. You may become allied with other groups with trading and other positive interaction encouraged. There is a more in-depth and well-explained list of rules on the server discord (https://discord.gg/pZygFJ).

    Due to a lack of numbers, I cannot justify hosting the dedicated server at the moment as it is a waste of money (even though they aren't super expensive). With an increase in numbers the server will be set up ASAP so if you're interested please feel welcome to join the discord and say hi!

    I hope some of you will be interested in this idea and I can't wait to meet those who join the discord.

    Kind regards,
    Noisy

    submitted by /u/yrnNoisy
    [link] [comments]

    How to repair iron tools in A18?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:03 AM PST

    I must be missing something. I have all the material to build iron tools (pickaxe, fire axe, claw hammer, shovel) but I cannot repair iron tools, only build them. In A16 these were repairable with forged iron (IIRC). What gives?

    submitted by /u/fuzzybad
    [link] [comments]

    Forge issues...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:29 AM PST

    As of a18, I have a new problem, which is also a server side only issue, and that is, if I look into my forges and workbenches, I will have to quit the game (not all the way, just to the main menu) or there will be a constant rhythmic hitching. This issue does not affect the client side players in any way, they experience no degradation or increased lag. Also this issue was not immediate, it developed after many hours of play, which leads me to believe it is related to skill based discounts and skill based increases in speed causing the system to hitch because its not storing integers but decimal values that likely get into floating point really quickly, which is causing my system to hitch when it tries to figure out how much time is left on my recipe with a percentage reduction in remaining time...

    Any ideas out there on Reddit?

    submitted by /u/fexfx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel