• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 07, 2020

    7 Days To Die Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 07, 2020


    Tips n' Tricks Tuesday - January 07, 2020

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Have a tip you wish someone shared with you when you first started playing? Have you discovered a tried and true method of survival?

    Share your secrets with your fellow survivors and help those just getting started!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not sure if I like being able to do this or not with pistols...

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:51 PM PST

    Level 6 quality

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:53 AM PST

    What's the best way of obtaining level 6 items since you can no longer craft them?

    submitted by /u/iron_toby
    [link] [comments]

    Cruising on the Gyrocopter at sunrise

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    How to lower/edit the distance Cities will render/come into view?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

    My PC is now sub par for this game sadly. I'm working on building a new one soon. In the mean time I would love to be able to play the game!

    The problem is 100% the distance at which the cities and buildings come into view/render/load. When I am inside a building or off far from anything my fps is >60 and has no problems. The moment I come up over a mountain or look in the direction of a city, my fps bogs down into single digits and 50 buildings come into view. It simply too much on my screen for my pc to handle.

    No matter how low I set my resolution, remove weather/fog/smoke/rain/snow, lower all setting and textures, lighting effects, the problem that remains is that cities are rendered/loading in way way way off in the distance and cause my fps to drop significantly. I have played with almost all of the options I can find in the 7d2d registry editor, and looked through all config xml files.

    Even if I could enable some sort of a fog to block this extreme draw/render distance of buildings and cities. There is absolutely no need for me to see each building off on the horizon. Preferably I would see nothing beyond the distance I can shoot. I am able to disable distant terrain generation, but buildings are still there.How to lower/edit the distance Cities will render/come into view?

    I'm sure I'm just missing where I can customize this. If anyone has an idea, console command, or knows where I can change this , please help me out! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/S-isfor-Salt
    [link] [comments]

    Treasure room in Holme Depot POI?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:14 AM PST

    I've done this POI 20 times in Navezgane and it feels like I'm missing the treasure room. There's a secret stash crate on roof but normally t3 POI have a bigger pile of loot at end. It's a great POI for materials but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

    submitted by /u/Qwertysaurus1
    [link] [comments]

    How does everyone else play the start of the game?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:38 AM PST

    I'm new to the game and only really play single player therefore I don't exactly interact with other people who play this game besides this subreddit, but I was curious to how other people start out this game, what skill tree do you guys max out and what's your favorite weapons? I'm reaching day 21 and I maxed out intelligence with the perk where you can choose 2 quest rewards and I just spam quests since they give so much xp so they help level up

    submitted by /u/WarwickTop
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for players

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:59 PM PST

    Looking for players to start new world

    submitted by /u/Shoulder_guy420
    [link] [comments]

    Poor performance help?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:18 PM PST

    I've always had pretty poor performance on 7DtD and I figured that now that I'm getting back into the game, I'd like to see what I can do about that. Specs are:

    • AMD R5 1600
    • GeForce 960 GTX 4 GB
    • 8 GB RAM
    • 1 TB NVME drive

    I tend to game at 2560x1080 but I've dropped this game down to 1920x1080 just to make it playable. Settings are pretty low, see here: https://imgur.com/Qtf3TIt

    Should I be getting better than 30 FPS (sometimes lower)?

    submitted by /u/benutne
    [link] [comments]

    Full POI list

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:14 AM PST

    Is there a list somewhere that shows all possible POIs with corresponding name like house_old_whatever? I would love to just browse through that and see what I have seen so far and what I want to search for

    submitted by /u/TheRickinger
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:41 PM PST

    I'm somewhat new to the game and I'm about to start a new world on random gen because I'm already somewhat bored of navzegane and I'm turning it up to the 5th difficulty. Is there anything I should mess with in settings before like the seed or anything else? Every comment helps thanks

    submitted by /u/WarwickTop
    [link] [comments]

    When you finally mine past Stone and hit Iron.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:24 PM PST

    Transferring existing characters to a new multiplayer map

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Ok so we have a group that play on a hosted server but the seed really sucks and we want to start a new map. We know how to transfer the characters but what data gets copied? Just stats, hot bar, inventory, nothing? Everything? Anyone know or know where to look?

    submitted by /u/Darkchyylde
    [link] [comments]

    Chainsaw

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:14 AM PST

    Powertools are hard to find, so I'm happy getting an auger. It speeds up mining greatly at the cost of fuel and noise. But a chainsaw? Why would you use that? Especially when you can onehit almost everything with a steel axe, except trees. But you don't need much wood after midgame, you can go straight for cobblestone or even concrete. I think the chainsaw should be a legit melee weapon, otherwise it's the only weapon/tool in 7dtd that has no use.

    submitted by /u/mrtn17
    [link] [comments]

    Computer freezes when i generate a new random world

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:26 PM PST

    my new computer freezes whenever i generate a new random world. it always freezes on the "generating detail height data" step at various percents. pre-generated worlds work fine, so does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/suit-spider-22
    [link] [comments]

    Kill box help?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:49 PM PST

    Hello everyone. I play on xbox and was wondering if anyone had any good tips on building a kill box for the 7th night. Normally, i'd surround myself with wooden spike traps and a bow but I wanted to try something a little different. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/Spadeblackwing
    [link] [comments]

    Auto miner assistance?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:49 PM PST

    So, my friend and I are getting to the end game equipment, and want to get into making auto miners. However, we already leveled up our Miner skills to tier 5, and were wondering if theres still a way to make level 1 (cheaper) augers for said miners.

    submitted by /u/Gemini_Storm8
    [link] [comments]

    What are some fun play styles?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:03 PM PST

    I'm mostly solo and was wondering what is a fun way to play?

    Would love some build advice as well as base locations/crafting?

    submitted by /u/Secret_Edge
    [link] [comments]

    Can I craft mechanical parts?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Can someone please answer this so I don't go crazy anymore. (literally pulling hair out as we speak),
    Are you able to craft Mechanical Parts anymore..or did they nerf that in Alpha 18?

    submitted by /u/VengevineROM
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:53 AM PST

    Do cars and stuff respawn after being broken down to scrap or will I eventually have to move? I found this awesome well that im living in and its central to some stores works out real good.

    submitted by /u/unclenick314
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone link me all the craftable items in the game with image and how to build them please

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/Sprucevirus2976
    [link] [comments]

    Grace it at it again, shotguns at the ready!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:59 AM PST

    Trying to update a mod to A18

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:35 AM PST

    https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/173

    I'm trying to get the impact wrench to work in A18. It functions fine but the icon will not appear and the item doesn't appear in your hand. Anyone have some insight as to what tags actually need to be changed for A18?

    I have replaced the

    <insertAfter xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolStoneAxe']"> and </insertAfter> tags

    with the <append xpath="/items"> and </append> tags

    and have tried copying the icon to the 7d2d icons directory but still nothing, any help would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/elmogrita
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel