• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 29, 2020

    7 Days To Die Let's Play Saturday - February 29, 2020

    7 Days To Die Let's Play Saturday - February 29, 2020


    Let's Play Saturday - February 29, 2020

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Looking to share you're gameplay videos with everyone or for an audience when you go live?

    Post here with a link to your Youtube/Twitch Channel or whichever video/playlist you're looking to share!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    As I promised.. I made another and better version of Block upgrade screen, With Names, HP and the amount of required items to upgrade. (I hope it will help everyone ^^ )

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:01 AM PST

    Our last pyramid base grew quite a bit. Ended our game at day 210 on Insane difficulty for the last blood moon. We'll be back for the next major update :D

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:50 PM PST

    The honest truth about mining in 7 Days to Die

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:18 AM PST

    Stability issues

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 04:13 PM PST

    We got another runner...

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:01 AM PST

    The infamous toilet pistol

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:34 PM PST

    alLrIgHtY

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:03 AM PST

    LAN Server Issues (A18)

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Alright, having some issues here. I'm no stranger to hosting games remotely or on my own system. Hell, even this poopy HP laptop in the corner of my room has hosted a few Minecraft, ARK, and other servers. But this game is giving me a massive headache. Here's the problem:

    I'm 'hosting' a survivalmp game (not dedicated) for me and the woman. Same room. Same LAN. Same version. Same mods. Everything has been working somewhat decently the past few weeks. I've taken the liberty of adding a few (I lied...it's a lot) mods to my game to spice things up a bit (I really like that Thumper mod. Makes me want to play Firefall again). Why in the everloving hell does she have a latency issue all of a sudden? I can be at the base cooking up some forged steel and concrete mix while she's out driving around the cities looting things...then she'll just freeze, rubber band back about 200m, then her latency jumps up to 900-1200ms when it's usually 5ms. This has caused quite a few problems, especially with vehicles getting stuck in the terrain due to the 'lag'.

    Things I've done: Static IP table in router. Set myself as the DMZ. Reset the router. Different router firmware. Even went into the NIC properties on each system and ensured the transmit rate was properly set. IPv6 disabled. Tried quite a few other things that probably go further than anyone needs to do for a simple server host. No other games lag (whether it's LAN hosted or global servers), just 7 Days.

    Things I'd Like to Know: Where...the...hell is the Listen Server configuration file? I see the serverconfig.xml file, but that's for dedicated servers. None of the info in that file matches up to what I have in the game when I load it up from the main menu (and it shouldn't, since I'm not using that file). So where do I go to change the Network Protocols for a listen server? I'd like to disable LiteNetLib as a test, but I'm not having any luck. I've come to my own conclusion that you cannot edit/disable the same settings on a listen server that a dedicated server can. Can I just change the serverconfig.xml file to reflect my world/save/settings and load up the dedicated server? I'm asking this because for most games, running a dedicated server on the machine that's joining can cause some massive performance issues, and I'm already having to run this game at 1600x900 due to 2GB of VRAM. 20GB of RAM and 6 Core AMD CPU. Is it my HDD? 7200RPMs of FURY...which has probably been thrashed to death over the years. What am I missing here? Is it the mods? Do I have to turn enemy spawning off or something? Is a 6k Map too big? Is it the dense cities I generated with Nitrogen? Is it the UH-60 Chopper mod making me lag? (Pls no...I love my choppa...) Game is very stable when I play solo (which is rare), but immediately goes to crap if she joins. Even had quite a few times where she just straight up disconnects to the title screen with no error or anything. My console shows a standard client disconnect when it happens, so nothing to troubleshoot there. Keep in mind that she has a 4GB GPU and 10GB of RAM, and her game runs quite a bit smoother than mine at higher quality settings.

    You may now reply and tell me to get a SSD, better CPU, and a better GPU, or just uninstall all these silly mods I have. Or, you can show me some magical setting/trick I haven't tried to make this LAN SERVER stop lagging. (I've noticed the lag gets worse as more of the map is uncovered and the further apart we are in-game...so I'm definitely leaning towards a hardware bottleneck on my end causing her to lag)

    submitted by /u/StrifeRaZoR
    [link] [comments]

    Guide to Machineguns! Ak-47 and the M-60!

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:04 PM PST

    Who's ready to go looting?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Steel Tools

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:56 PM PST

    Hi all.

    Can someone please remind me what perks i need to craft Steel tools? I have all the Parts that I'll ever need but i'm not sure what perks i'm missing.

    I've been playing this game for years but i'm drawing a blank here! :)

    oh, i'm playing 18.4 b4

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/demonholme
    [link] [comments]

    Coolest POI

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:07 AM PST

    I just discovered a POI in my random gen world and it blows all of the other POIs out of the water. It's called Bobs Boars and Carl's Corn IIRC. The loot and resources are insane but the surprise in the basement is what 7 days needs more of. If you run into the POI do yourself a favor and check it out

    submitted by /u/prkchpsyring
    [link] [comments]

    It's been a while

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:01 PM PST

    I haven't played the game since the latest update came out. My group had a couple nights of ass kicking when A18 dropped and then we never touched it again. Have I missed any big developments lately?

    submitted by /u/Flash_Frignon
    [link] [comments]

    Iron heaven

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:15 AM PST

    FPS issue.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:42 PM PST

    I've been trying everything in my power to try and get a steady 60 FPS, but nothing seems to work. I only get 20-40 frames max on low settings. Any ideas? Also I have a RTX-2080, 16gb of ram and a I9-9900.

    submitted by /u/Aidanxx214
    [link] [comments]

    7days docker container

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

    Hey If anyone here is into hosting their own srveror thak kind of stuff, I made a docker container to run it and a compose-file:

    https://github.com/karlyan17/docker-ubuntu-7days https://github.com/karlyan17/docker-compose-7day-server

    Feel free to ask any question

    submitted by /u/karlyan
    [link] [comments]

    I could really use some (mostly melee) combat tips

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Just unpacked my new rig last night and coming from console, combat is totally different. I've been following the newer Alpha builds of the game a couple years now, but I'm seriously struggling.

    When I started my first game I didn't load in zombies so I could get a handle on the overall controls. It's been over a decade since I've gamed on a PC so it's a bit of a curve getting back on a mouse and keyboard but I'll adjust eventually. Once I loaded in zombies, the first one I fought just about killed me. I was having trouble actually connecting my attacks and I just don't know the strategy for melee fights. I'm used to swinging and backing up, which obviously doesn't work anymore.

    I used to be able to take out a whole gaggle of zombies with just melee before but like I said I'm struggling with just one now. The spear is definitely nice but I'm having issues picking it back up after throwing it. It can be hard to see sometimes.

    submitted by /u/lulzPIE
    [link] [comments]

    Help me list as many #7daystodie POI's as possible to go into #romeromall. I did have the real shop names that existed in the 1978 #dawnofthedead but think #7dtd names would work better.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Help with stability

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I am currently building an inverted pyramid, and one corner just keeps falling off the other 3 corners at the same height with the same structural support underneath are fine but one corner just the outside top most Corner 3 cement blocks won't stay on, they will attach they will upgrade and they will dry but as soon as I walk on them or place another Block in their vicinity they fall, WTF

    Edit: a word

    submitted by /u/transfer6000
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods / overhauls that add NPC settlers to the game?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:13 PM PST

    I want to start my own colony but I don't even know if that's a thing in the game and if its not I'd love to play modded. :) Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Nova_Physika
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for dealing with ferals as a low level player

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:13 AM PST

    I spent the last hour looting and ran into a feral and 2 dogs on my way back to base. As I'm not even level 5 yet and had a broken leg I died pretty quickly and can't even get my stuff now, thanks to the feral that killed me and the ADDITIONAL feral that showed up when I went to retrieve my loot. Any advice on how to deal with them? I tried disabling enemy spawns but they're still there and I'm starting to get a little salty.

    submitted by /u/OfficialSherk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel