• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    7 Days To Die Modded Monday - August 17, 2020

    7 Days To Die Modded Monday - August 17, 2020


    Modded Monday - August 17, 2020

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Looking for advice or help on where to start with modding for 7 Days to Die? Are you having trouble finding a particular mod, or opinions of what mod to play next?

    Post below with what you're having trouble with or what you're looking for!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Finally able to play PC instead of Xbox! Can anyone give me some tips since the game is much more updated?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Them ultra graphics be legit

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Spike Traps vs. Barbed Wire (Zombie Pathfinding - A19)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Spike Traps vs. Barbed Wire (Zombie Pathfinding - A19)

    Apologies if this is already well known path-finding behavior, but I tried searching it and couldn't find the answer so I tested it myself to figure it out.

    In the A19 game my friend and I are playing, we have a horde night base with a T-shaped killing corridor leading to the platform that we position our characters on for the blood moon. The zombies can enter the corridor via stairs at each end of the top of the "T". (We specifically used a T shape because I was concerned if the corridor entrance was too far away that the zombies would not pathfind to the corridor but would instead come attack the foundation of our platform).

    The corridors themselves are filled with blade traps, electric fences, and dart traps that "crossfire" from both directions. We would then fill the corridor with barbed wire to slow them down and keep them in the kill zone for as long as possible. Just for a bit of overkill, we would place wooden spike traps all around the exterior leading to the corridors.

    Typical Horde Night Setup

    All of this worked great for many horde nights (we are currently on day 90-something). But on our most recent night, we decided to make a change and upgraded to the iron spikes - both on the exterior leading to the corridors *and* in place of the barbed wire itself... just to see how it went.

    Iron Spike Upgrade

    Well, only a fraction of the zombies tracked through the corridor. The vast majority decided to attach the foundation of the base platform. A very stressful 6 in game hours, and thousands of rounds of ammo later, and I figured either there had been update that changed the pathfinding behavior or our iron spike traps had been enough to impact the zombies' pathfinding calculations.

    So I made a copy of the save and ran some tests - thanks to having a T corridor setup I was able to set one side with iron spikes, and the other side with barbed wire. What I found was that even zombies that spawned on the far side closest to the Iron Spike corridor would pathfind all the way around to the side with the barbed wire.

    What I still find odd is that they don't have any problem killing themselves on the spike traps laid out around the exterior of the corridor in order to get to the corridor... it is only once we fill the corridor with spikes that they stop seeing it as the best route... I'm guessing that means their AI views each spike in a given path as a preset value, and filling the corridor basically tripled or even quadrupled the number of spikes involved in that path, causing another path (attacking the base itself) to appear preferable.

    So, TLDR:

    Don't fill your killing corridor with Iron Spikes if it is particularly long - stick with Barbed Wire!

    submitted by /u/Phoenix3579
    [link] [comments]

    help a noob grow

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    Hello, I want to cultivate because the lack of food is bothering me a bit but I am really noob, I suppose I put the blocks to cultivate and without water they will grow? ah es la alpha 19 por si es que cambio algo

    submitted by /u/BlakoDoso
    [link] [comments]

    STEEL CLUB FTW

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    For those who are following glock9gaming on YouTube, he recently posted this video where he pitted against each other the steel sledgehammer and the steel club, in a horde setting where he tried to keep much of the variables the same for both weapons.

    #TLDR the steel sledgehammer dishes out such a devastating power attack, while one can keep swinging power attacks wildly with the steel club.

    Agreeably, the difference in performance between these two weapons boils down to play style and circumstance. There are even more variables that have not been considered in the experiment, but it was nevertheless enlightening to both sides of the fence.

    Now that's out of the way, the real purpose of this post:

    What mods would you install in your level 6 steel club? :D

    submitted by /u/aplcrz
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days To Die | Alpha 19 | Hunger Management

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    New to PC, and having so much input lag.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    I love 7 days on the Xbox. So obviously I had to buy it for my new PC because it's way better on here. But I have had terrible input lag. I've tried many suggestions from forums, and nothing has improved. It's about a 1-5 second delay depending on the quality of settings I choose. I read my PC specs before I bought the game, and my settings surpass the recommended. Below are my specs:

    -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHZ, 3401 MHz, 4 Core(s) -12 GB of Ram -Windows 10 -x64 Bit

    Any other information I can provide, let me know. Just looking for some tips as a noob PC player

    submitted by /u/MrMetaIMan
    [link] [comments]

    Release of A19 Official Version, anybody know when that might be?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Asking for a friend. She wants to know if anyone knows when the official version (not the experimental) will be released, have tried googling this but only info about experimental comes up! TIA 😊

    submitted by /u/littlepumpkin116
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Xbox one controller not working on MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    My dad and I have tried everything so he can use his controller on pc to play with me but we can't figure it out. It's connected and working as a controller, but just not for 7days. Controller is set to enabled in options. Any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/KazimierzDabrowsk1
    [link] [comments]

    Bleed xp

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Do I get xp from bleed deaths?

    submitted by /u/xJerkstorex
    [link] [comments]

    Worked hard on some content, please enjoy

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    Stuck in Command Console

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Hello, playing on my server for Alpha 19 (b180)

    I tried running a command to spawn a zombie, and it backfired.

    Stuck in command console now, with the following message spamming.

    (Filename: <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1> Line: 0)

    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

    at LegacyAvatarController.Update () [0x00127] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0

    at AvatarZombieController.Update () [0x00000] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0

    Tried rebooting server, uninstalling the game from steam, and re logging in. Still can't get out of the console to play the game. All other players on the server are unaffected. What can I do? I really don't want to have to wipe the server.

    submitted by /u/EIGRPBelieveInMe
    [link] [comments]

    How do i open a gun Safe?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    (Playing on the ps4) Just start playing for the first time, on the 10th day. Already found 3 safes, how do i open them?

    Also, is there a way to craft a torch i can put on the wall? My house is really dark

    submitted by /u/LilDova
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days To Die A19 - The Junk Sledge Corridor Horde Base

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Save with 20+ hours just got griefed by a hacker and i lost everything

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Left my game open to public, some asshole hacker joins, says hi, then seconds later blows up my whole base with all my loot in an instant and then says "winner winner chicken dinner" and leaves. Everything is gone and i have no backup. This happened literally seconds ago and i just wanted to vent. Im so pissed

    submitted by /u/ThatBoySteven
    [link] [comments]

    I was already too far away once I remembered it might be underground :/

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    a19 - anyone actually manage to collect all the perk books in a group?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    I think I'm sitting on 6 of 7 for pretty much every single perk book. Is there any way to increase the odds of getting that last one? The traders all just keep offering up repeats of old ones.

    submitted by /u/natethomas
    [link] [comments]

    If I switch to Alpha 19 and don't like it, can I go back to 18 and pick up where my saves left off? Or does it delete the 18 saves once you go to 19? Thanks

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Door Base Test GETS WEIRD

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Looking into renting a server

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Howdy 7dtd reddit, me, some family and friends have been playing 7 days to die quite a bit recently, and I've been hosting the server but i don't have quite enough ram to do that properly, and as a result I've been thinking of renting a server.

    I needs to have mod support, and I need to be able to edit server files directly, I would also like one that has a free trial to see if we all like it, we are also located in southwest canada, so a server that hosts near there, maybe seattle or vancouver, would be ideal

    Does anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Saucy_Bagel
    [link] [comments]

    VR Support?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if they're gonna be adding VR support at some point? I feel like one time I read somewhere that they were thinking of doing that, but now I can't find anything about it.

    submitted by /u/Cheeks2184
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel