• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday - October 09, 2020

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday - October 09, 2020


    Friend Finder Friday - October 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Are you tired of surviving alone? Ever wish you had a friend help you through horde nights? Have you ever been so lonely you spawned and placed a zombie corpse in your base to keep you company(You know who you are!)?

    If so, you've come to the right place. By posting here you can find friends to play and survive with! Remember, you don't need to be faster than the zombies just faster than your friends ;)

    Please leave your Steam/XB1/PSN name, what time zone you're in and works best for you, and (If you're on PC) any mods you may be using.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry for the bad quality

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    For the love of all things holy can we please get an animation for doors before we place them!!!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    All I need is a simple animation or even an arrow that says which way the damn trap doors, normal doors, and garage doors open! Early game those garage doors aren't cheap and I've thought about changing my entire base layout because the vault hatch I put down opens the wrong way!

    Just a simple thing like that.... that would make me a happy zombie killing monster

    submitted by /u/Fun-Psycho
    [link] [comments]

    Small trick - how to harvest corpses faster (pre-machete)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Alpha 19 keeps kicking my ass...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    In the world of 7 Days 2 Die I play with a zero death policy for each play through... I had a recent playthrough go until day 52... this week I have had three not go past day 5.

    Death #1: I was introduced to a very rude flock of vultures.. on day 3. I swear there was more then 5. It was a quick death when you are on your rooftop base going from storage boxes to crates with a full inventory and a sludge hammer.

    Death #2: I kicked the hell out of a day 5 horde to stroll in late evening, to then get chased by a coyote on minimum health and ran right into a f'ing cactus..

    Death #3: For the first time in A19 I have died to infection, despite my absolute best looting abilities.

    This has been a shit week for living..

    submitted by /u/JWilson0711
    [link] [comments]

    I know the console edition is essentially abandoned, BUT...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    As it stands, 7 days to die will be playable on ps5, and that's great news for anyone upgrading in the near future.

    Like everyone else, I'd love to see the game get an update on console, but at least there may be faster loading speeds and minor improvements on the next gen consoles.

    Anyway, I wanted to pass on what I'd heard to this community.

    submitted by /u/jmd7340
    [link] [comments]

    My bird enjoys 7 days to die

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    New players discussion?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Just thought I'd post something to see if there are many new players lookin around on reddit like me trying to dig out little nuggets of info between the memes.

    Personally my GF and I just started this last week and have already restarted a couple of times because we learned a bunch of stuff and realized we'd sorta screwed up... also, the start of the game is super fun. All that initial gathering while you're undergeared, the zombies feeling like a serious threat, etc.

    Some things I've learned that might be useful and/or completely wrong.

    The books and stuff you pick up have a little book icon on the top left corner, if it's "open" you know it, if it's "closed" you haven't read it yet... I saw this somewhere else on here and it's so obvious, but I never noticed it in game until someone pointed it out here.

    If you're gonna do quests and are early basing near the trader, putting points in barter / daring adventurer is massively useful. I'm getting really good rewards and already have some pretty amazing stuff showing up in the secret stash... I can't afford any of it yet, but it's giving me goals.

    Sledgehammers are amazing if you have some sexy trex, less amazing without it lol. One whiffed power attack and you're runnin for the hills. The spear has been my favorite day 1-3 weapon just because of the range. If you don't get lucky with antibiotics/honey and catch an infection early on, it's rough if you're trying to play without dying. I know some folks don't care as much about dying, but we're personally trying to actually survive not just dump anytime it gets rough.

    If you die early in the game, xp penalty isn't that bad. If you're not trying to do a no death run or dont' really care, dying with a bedroll down somewhere is basically a shortcut home that ditches all your negative effects, fills up your hunger/thirst, and the xp penalty is like 5 minutes of smashin rocks or a few zombies to get rid of. I feel like it's a little cheesy to do that, but there you go.

    Those "buried supplies" or w/e quests... you have to dig I think 10 spots before it shrinks the circle, you 'can' find the thing faster if you get lucky just digging straight down, but I've found that just clearing the surface layers first to get it narrowed down has been faster and more consistant. Usually I'll shrink it twice before I start digging deeper.

    Check EVERYWHERE at the traders. I found an underground cave thingy in one of them with some goodies. All the main "crafting stations" are present, most of them are broken, 1 or 2 might be functional. If they have a functional forge it can give you a leg up on starting your forged iron. But either way, search the whole place, there are goodies all over the trader outpost and it's all safe looting. Also, you can sometimes reach a safe thats behind the counter. You can't break it, but you can try to pick it if you have lock picks.

    Dogs Bad. Run from dogs. They do not want scritches, they want your soul and they plan to remove it forcibly from your body with their mouth parts.

    If you find a wrench, don't worry about not being able to repair it if you don't have repair kits, use it on every car/washingmachine/mechanical thingy you find. all those parts are super useful. If you make the wrenching motion, you can get special bits and bobs, if you just whack it, that means nothing special is gonna pop out of it so just use your stone axe/whatever.

    The sledgehammer breaks stuff fast, it can be tempting to use it to break things down... you don't get nearly as much 'harvested' materials from breaking things with it though, I use my stone axe / shovel to breakdown anything except safes so that I get the most extra goodies.

    I think that's it for my nub perspective tips for now. I'm loving the game, I wish I'd started playing this earlier... I've been looking at this game for years and never pulled the trigger, I feel like I've wasted so much time on other, crap games when I could have been playing this!

    submitted by /u/SteamMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Remember when food items had their own models? (And when the beginner quests were needier than the ones nowadays?)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    can you build a base on the lake?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    me and my friend are new to the game. we just went through our 4th horde night and they kinda fucked us up a bit. theres a lake right outside out base as we were wondering if we could medieval castle that shit.

    submitted by /u/MOONMO0N
    [link] [comments]

    These days I did this to pass thru blood moon in my public server. To play alone or in two it's fine and they even almost collapse our base sometimes (all steel), but when I have three or more friends there it's a little overkill and spawn a lot less zombies. Any advices to catch zombies attention?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    When No Man's Sky uses 7DTD's Random Gen Map.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    1week in, Obv Pro, have suggestions.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Since I've played for about a week now, I'm obviously a pro and my ideas will be bulletproof and self evident*. Below are my suggestions.

    Primitive Int weapon. In my current play, I've been diving headfirst into Int. I'd done str before and it felt like it had a nice flow. The fact that the other trees have 'something' in the primitive range is pretty noticeable. Int has nothing that can be repaired with a base material. This means something that uses wood/stone/grass to craft and can be repaired with one of those things but fits in with the INT theme... Well, what's the most technologically advanced thing in the primitive theme? Fire. My suggestion: Increased Torch Damage. Improve the torch as a primitive weapon. Requires nothing but a number tweak, no new items or mechanics needed.

    Wheel Barrow: Mobile storage earlier in the game. Works like a vehicle as far as "mounting" but only moves at normal walking speed, no sprint.

    Requires secure storage chest + X Grass Fiber + 1 Wheel + X Wood to craft. 36 slots (you lose half the chest slots for various attachments and what not :P ).

    Cartography Table: Crafted with paper, wood, lead, grass fiber. When you use it, you have 1 crafting option: use X paper to craft a consumable map that allies can "use" to unlock all the cleared areas of your map on their own. A method of sharing map data with each other. It annoys me that my GF and I can't see what each other has explored and it makes sense to be able to come home, compare maps, and share data.

    ZomBait, I think it'd be cool if you could use fresh meat, and maybe grass fiber, to make a bundle of smelly goodness that you could throw down to distract zombies. Give it a durability and it attracts any zombies within X range and makes them forget about you until it's destroyed.

    Fishing. Every survival game needs fishing. :P

    Manned Turrets: Top tier turrets in the Int Tree that you get in like a vehicle but are stationary and you can aim and fire.

    Mobile Base: This is a long shot as the mechanics would probably be a nightmare but... I'd love to be able to have 1 level higher of vehicle. A Big Rig with a trailer that you can build inside of. Put work stations, storage boxes, etc. It could also serve as a mobile 'respawn' location.

    That's all for now. I'll sit back and wait for them all to be implemented. Thanks!

    *if you didn't detect the sarcasm, you probably also don't know how a footnote works and this is probably pointless but /s.

    submitted by /u/SteamMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Things I would really use in a zombie apocalypse...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    There are a few things that I think would be really useful to have in a real zombie apocalypse that aren't in the game yet.

    1) Flamethrowers. I don't mean man-portable things, but like a turret-based trap, or even a mine that spreads something like napalm all over the area. Molotov cocktails are great, but they're hardly the only way to set something on fire. It's too bad that fire doesn't spread, too...

    2) Bear traps. Carry some around and drop them on the ground around your pit when you start mining. Put some in front of your horde base and reset them for the next one. They don't have to be literal bear traps...though the game does have bears.

    3) Deadfalls. We have triggers. What we don't have is a release mechanism for a gravity-based kinetic kill. Think of the AT-ST getting smushed by logs in the Return of the Jedi.

    4) Rainfall collectors. It rains. It snows. Yet I have to trudge over to the neighbor's swimming pool to get some dirty water to boil.

    5) Animal snares. While you CAN hunt rabbits with a gun or a bow, having a trap that spawns meat, bone, hide (or feathers) and animal fat from time to time would be very useful in the early game. These would be for small game, obviously.

    #2 and #5 would be good specs to add into the perks for tracking game, and #4 could be part of the farming or engineering tree.

    submitted by /u/damurphy72
    [link] [comments]

    "Bedrock" now at +3 elevation?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    I encountered this earlier today on a multiplayer map generated by NitroGen. Thought it might be an issue with that utility's generation algorithm. Generated a brand-new single-player map from within 7DTD itself and hit "bedrock" again at +3 elevation. I'm putting "Bedrock" in quotes because it looks like regular stone, but makes that sound that bedrock does when you try to dig through it. I tried going through it with the super digger dev tool and it remained in place. Anyone else encountering this? I looked at their 'known bugs' list and their forums and didn't immediately see anything.

    submitted by /u/GreatlyUnknown
    [link] [comments]

    New Update!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Zombie bollards

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    For A19.1 I've found the zombie AI is pretty fixated on smashing up blocks rather than trying to path to me - probably an attempt to fix kill corridors, but whatever. I've taken to placing several two block high pillars as bollards for the zombies to chew on.

    They spend about 50% of their time trying to smack them down rather than going after my base, which is nice. No idea how long this tactic will work, I'm only on say 28 of my A19.1 playthrough, but it seems to help so far.

    submitted by /u/Zarimus
    [link] [comments]

    Was looking through some of my old screenshots and saw this.. "Oh, thats why I stopped playing.."

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    7 Days to Die Mod - Darkness Falls EP03: DID SOMEONE SAY ZOMBIES!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Easiest way to tear down a building?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Hello all, I'm still a fairly new player to 7d2d, and I was wondering what the easiest way to tear down a house is. I tried removing the bottom layer, hoping the rest would fall down, but it unfortunately didn't. Is there an easy way to remove a building? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/atomicmapping
    [link] [comments]

    Shoots and Ladders (A19 pathing question)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I'm tweaking my horde base, and am wondering about pathing as it relates to stairs, ladders, ramps (45 degree incline), and wedge inclines.

    Do zombies care about what they are walking on, or is it just shortest distance?

    For instance: Are ramps and stairs equivalent as far as AI pathing is concerned?

    Are ladders problematic in any way? It seems like they are more likely to get broken than stairs or ramps. And once the ladder is broken, they tend to start block breaking.

    I really like using wedges for an gentle incline, but I am afraid the zombies won't path up them unless they are already coming from that direction.

    I've been experimenting around with it, and ladders seem to be the preferred path for the zeds.

    submitted by /u/Steelspy
    [link] [comments]

    7days to die or Dying light

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    whuch one of these games should i buy idk anymore between dying light or 7 days to die

    submitted by /u/HendRexYT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel