• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 5, 2020

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - November 05, 2020

    7 Days To Die Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - November 05, 2020


    Base Tour/Showcase Thursday - November 05, 2020

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Want to show off your base or a build you're particularly proud of? Want to show off what helped you make it through horde night?

    Take a video or some screenshots and post them here to share with your fellow survivors!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    An RPG, you say?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:45 PM PST

    How do you guys keep interested?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:46 AM PST

    First off, I love this game and I've got about 500hrs in it spread over the last 5 years.

    But I run into the same problem every time. I get bored when I start to do well. I see many posts of people on day 150+ but I've never personally made it much past day 40 because most this aren't very threatening anymore

    I've tried many different mods and cranked up the difficulty but I still hit that point where my base is a good construction and my gear is in a good place. Where I finish a horde night and within an (irl)hour I'm ready for the next one but it's 5+ (irl)hours of gameplay away.

    So when you've more or less "beaten" the hordes what do you guys do to keep interested?

    Edit: thanks everyone for a ton of good suggestions. I'll definitely get some extra play out of trying many of these ideas.

    submitted by /u/RabidDiabeetus
    [link] [comments]

    A small (but utterly meaningless) rant on A19 loot progression

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I'm going to summarize this. Toilet pistols and the Lucky Looter perk aside, you're not going to be finding any guns for the first week or two. So there is little incentive to loot until that time; the first couple hordes are relatively tame so you can easily defeat them with a blunderbuss. So you loot kitchens in houses for almost a week flat, eventually starting to loot reinforced chests and the like on days 6 and 7 to hopefully find a decent blunderbuss.

    Once you find your first gun (which will be crap), let's say that level 1 pistol or AK, what do you do for the next week or so? Well, you can continue to loot the same tier of guns, scrap them into parts and craft a better one, or you can just avoid looting until after the next horde. By that point you're finding level 3 or level 4 firearms. Well, now that you have those, you know that like the last time, you're not going to see a drastic, meaningful change in loot quality until your gamestage/lootstage rises. Unless you play with loot respawn/are doing quests all of the time, you're literally wasting the loot rooms of POI's until you increase said gamestage/lootstage by a substantial number. So you sit at home and mine until that day arrives. Following that, level 5 and 6 variants of the first tiers of firearms begin to drop. Now you're getting somewhere! This is like day 21+ by the way.

    What's that? A level 1 SMG? A level 1 pump shotgun? A level 1 tactical assault rifle? Compared to your level 6 versions of your previous tiered weapons (shotguns/rifles aside, maybe), they're... kind of garbage. So now the logical course of action is to sit around for the next couple of weeks until your gamestage/lootstage increases. No surprises are coming; everything is so linear now, as you may have guessed by this point.

    Fast forward a couple weeks to level 1 M60's and level 1 auto shotguns and the like. Kind of sub-par to downright inferior compared to your level 6 firearms of the second tier of firearms. So now what? Well, you'd might as well sit at home until your gamestage/lootstage increases to the point where it's worthwhile to go out looting again. By that point, you've reached end game! Yippee!

    ...Or you could have just crafted everything weeks ago. Or accepted trader quest rewards where, let's face it, are grossly overpowered in A19 compared to the rest of loot, and for me not in a tempting kind of way, but in a "I'm not upgrading from a level 1 AK-47 to a level 4 tact" kind of way.

    I respect people who love to craft and prefer it over looting. Doesn't mean I have to understand y'all. :P

    Anyhoo, rant almost over. I've played and loved 7D2D for years. Thousands of hours later, A19 hit the market, and my interest in the game has gone from 100 to about 2, maybe a 3. Enough that I can force myself to keep playing... to an extent.

    We know we're getting gamestaged biomes in A20. Hopefully they add in a gamestage/lootstage slider as well.

    submitted by /u/SagetheWise2222
    [link] [comments]

    Blood Moon Weather Mechanic Stuck?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Random Dead Bears

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 09:11 PM PST

    Hey everyone, new to 7DTD. Currently I'm playing on a server where a couple friends and I had a challenge for ourselves. The first seven days we had creative mode active, and made a base (The underground chapel area), from the 8th day on, we play the game normally without upgrading base defences to see how long we can last. No mods.

    That being said we keep having a weird thing happen. Random dead bears will spawn, but it's only the model, not an interactable corpse. The models never despawn and we can't interact with them as far as harvesting. Anyone else experience this or know of a fix? We have a couple dead bears in our base and they're a bit annoying to look at.

    submitted by /u/ztakk
    [link] [comments]

    The Dart-O-Matic 3000 Horde Base

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Hiya!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Just want someone to play with, I'm new and I play on PC. Add me on discord OmegaSandshrew#0686

    submitted by /u/ShpeedyBoi
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Don’t place chest too close to POI

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:52 AM PST

    I played 7DtD for about 500 hours pre-A17.. Just came back, and wow the changes!! (I don't like not looting zombies, hate the vultures and wow that was a big black wolf..)

    Anyway. Had my first mission from the trader, clear a house. I cleared it before realizing you were supposed to hit the yellow exclamation mark, first. Happy with my loot, I placed it all in a chest at the end of the driveway. Hit the exclamation mark.

    The entire proper reset. My chest was gone.

    TLDR; don't place anything in or near a POI if you're going to do a mission regarding it, or might. Place your chest in the middle of the street/path/away from the POI. Don't lose an hour's worth of loot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    submitted by /u/AimHigh935
    [link] [comments]

    I found some Flag Stone IRL Today

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Missing cooking pot?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Do these get used up after cooking? Logged in today and it was gone. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/fwambo42
    [link] [comments]

    Error Code: 10022 (Unexpected Error. (0xC0030004))

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:06 PM PST

    wat do?

    repaired easy anti cheat, uninstalled reinstalled. Cannot get passed the first little splash screen.

    A19.2

    played fine last night

    submitted by /u/FurkinLurkin
    [link] [comments]

    Self hosted home server?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:53 PM PST

    I wanted to know if anyone here is self hosting their own 7dtd server (I want to play with 4 of my friends on our own server). I have an old pc that I want to install ubuntu server and try to self host, what guides did you follow & how do you handle the days passing while no one is logged in?

    submitted by /u/Yung_Lyun
    [link] [comments]

    Need People for Perma-Death Playthrough

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:46 PM PST

    Hello everyone. I was wanting to start up a perma-death playthrough on some pretty difficult settings but would need people to play it with for the best experience and immersion.

    I am 22 and have a central Us Time zone. I preferably play late nights - Can play every night. I use discord as well. If anyone is interested please let me know asap so we can get started!

    submitted by /u/PatTheWraith
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox 7 days to die clan?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:56 PM PST

    Hey yall so im tired of playing 7 by myself and was wondering if any of yall would like to get together and make a clan and build our own empire I think it would be fun but let me know if any of yall wanna. And my Xbox gamer tag is RatingThunder39

    submitted by /u/Ratingthunder39
    [link] [comments]

    Some railings refuse to be painted... Is there any trick to it? I'm pretty lost here lol

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:34 PM PST

    It didn't let me upload the picture but the tittle is pretty clear I'm trying to fix a bunker but the paintbrush just won't work on some of the metal railing I made. I have no idea how to make it work :( any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/HiranoRokuta
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have trouble building bases?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 12:41 PM PST

    I always end up dying in the later days due to lack of base knowledge. I fortified a house once with cobble walls, spike floor out back, and a few blade traps. Horde took it out in seconds, leaving me disappointed. It amazes me how glock9 and some other people can shit out a base design and have it survive a nuclear Holocaust

    submitted by /u/worship-peanut
    [link] [comments]

    Who do y’all play 7 Days to Die with?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:09 PM PST

    I'm just curious. I always play alone, but wish to be able to play with others eventually.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/UBJohnny
    [link] [comments]

    No randomness in random gen

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Have spawned in the same location in the same map my last four new games in the ps4 version. Anyone have any idea what determines the randomness of the map generation ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/crabbelliott
    [link] [comments]

    How do you level up tools on PC?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 11:45 AM PST

    I know that the level my tools craft at is tied to your skill points, but I see youtube videos of people who have like lvl 600 tools.

    submitted by /u/Comfortable-Bet-7428
    [link] [comments]

    Hey I'm looking for some one to play with me on darkness falls

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:17 PM PST

    If you do hmu

    submitted by /u/anditgoeslikethis1
    [link] [comments]

    Zombies in abandoned houses?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 12:50 PM PST

    So, I just started playing this game for the first time. I've noticed that every time I go into an abandoned house to loot, I will be attacked by hidden zombies. I know they are there waiting for me and sometimes I even hear their sounds before the actual attack. However, no matter what I do to prepare, whether crouching to be stealthy, having my weapons out, and looking everywhere before I enter a room or go up the stairs...I will see nothing. Then, as soon as I look elsewhere, that is when a zombie or pack of them suddenly materialize out of thin air and attack. Is this a game mechanic or am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to catch these zombies "sleeping" or just standing around when I break in to these homes?

    submitted by /u/BBQ_Ninja
    [link] [comments]

    Check out my 7 Days To Die Series ��‍♀️

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Questions on RAM

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:47 AM PST

    So i currently have 16GB of RAM and I am wondering if there is benefit to running 32GB of RAM with this game. I do know it uses quite a bit of RAM.

    I generally do have 60fps with settings on (HIGH)

    Ryzen 5 3600

    RTX 2060 Super

    Just wondering if anyone has tested 16 vs 32GB of RAM FPSwise

    submitted by /u/itsquiteshady
    [link] [comments]

    (returning) newbie need advice

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 03:26 PM PST

    after being abstinent for 4 years I started to play with 2 other newbies to the game. The game changed quite a lot and we are a little overwhelmed. Okay, we found a ruined hose and started to fix it, founded a base and started exploring but we could not find any firearms except for blunderbuss. We are at the 5th days already and honestly, I thought we would have plenty of weapons already. Do we have to look in special locations? Get luckier? Craft them ourselves? Do you have and tips for total beginners? Most I find online is very outdated.

    submitted by /u/Neniun
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel