• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday - November 20, 2020

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday - November 20, 2020


    Friend Finder Friday - November 20, 2020

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Are you tired of surviving alone? Ever wish you had a friend help you through horde nights? Have you ever been so lonely you spawned and placed a zombie corpse in your base to keep you company(You know who you are!)?

    If so, you've come to the right place. By posting here you can find friends to play and survive with! Remember, you don't need to be faster than the zombies just faster than your friends ;)

    Please leave your Steam/XB1/PSN name, what time zone you're in and works best for you, and (If you're on PC) any mods you may be using.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wandering hordes suck now, and nights are always uneventful. How can we improve things?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:28 PM PST

    I have been away for about 2 years, and I must say, the game is looking more polished than ever. A lot of things make more sense now, many issues have been ironed out.

    But one thing that somehow seems to have disappeared along the way is the feeling of danger you used to get during nighttime. I remember way back where there was always a scramble to get a makeshift shelter up by first nightfall, and add spikes and defenses asap by day 2 / 3. But nowadays, the sun sets, and..... nothing happens all night?

    One thing I noticed is that wandering hordes are now extremely rare, and so few in number. I remember there used to be at least two wandering hordes every day in the past. (Remember those day 6 dog packs?). Now I consider myself lucky if I see even one horde per week. I tried editing the xml's to increase their frequency, but none of the numbers I changed seemed to have a noticeable effect.

    It could also be partly due to the fact that we are always traveling nowadays, so even if a horde does spawn, we never run into it. I think if you are traveling, then the game should either spawn the horde in your path, or at least wait until you are stationary.

    Speaking of traveling, I hate that all we encounter are single wandering zombies sprinkled across the map. I think zombies should always spawn in groups of at least 5-10, maybe even up to 20. I once again tried to edit some xml files to accomplish this, but didn't have any success.

    I also noticed that the heatmap is completely broken in the current version. We run 3 forges, 3 workbenches, 2 cement mixers and a chem station nonstop, and I have yet to see a single screamer the entire game.

    I play with a friend, and what we have decided to do is set it to blood moon every night, day length to 90, and set the night length to 2 hours, to get some mini hordes every night. But this means we don't get the nervous excitement of preparing for a 7-day horde. Oh and also, you can't actually do this on singleplayer either, as you're stuck with 18 as the maximum day length option.

    So, any recommendations on what else we can do to make things more dangerous at night, or just in general? I'm open to mods, xml editing, whatever. I just want to feel like the open world is more than just a bunch of empty roads acting as background scenery while I travel from quest to quest.

    submitted by /u/WarpingLasherNoob
    [link] [comments]

    I finally see the light...

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:40 AM PST

    One word... Lantern.

    Granted, they are a little expensive for early game, but these things are brilliant. I've been using wires and incandescent bulbs until today. I recall seeing a post in this sub about lanterns, so I thought "lets try."

    So much more light than the bulbs.

    That's one thing I love about this game. 200 days in, and I am still learning better ways to do things.

    submitted by /u/Steelspy
    [link] [comments]

    Me trying to destroy Dishong tower with a rocket launcher.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:33 PM PST

    Spent this week setting up a new PVP server. Tried to balance tough survival with good rewards. Not doing it for donations, just cause I love the game. Look for Ogwaldia.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:57 AM PST

    Please check out "Ogwaldia" this weekend. Dedicated server and 1000Mbps fibre internet, should be very fast with no lag at all, the 7dtd server is literally the only thing on this connection. I've added some fun, carefully chosen mods. Zombies are a bit tougher than normal and there are some bosses around, but their melee reach is shorter and loot is better, and there are some new, rare weapon options to dispatch them with. Awesome air drops, but everything drops on death (bag and belt). And I've got a custom 8k NitroGen map that I am very pleased with. It's the server I always wanted to play on but couldn't find.

    We'll be building arenas, race tracks, and other random stuff for contests & prizes (shark blimp anyone?)

    It's my first 7 days server and I am more than open to suggestions (and sorry for any hiccups), and it's online now!

    Update: There seems to be an issue for some people finding it in the server browser, though a couple are connected currently. I'm at work but trying to look into it.

    In the meantime try and connect to 97.107.179.140 on port 26900 (but for some reason ServerRanks lists it at 26902)

    submitted by /u/grade_a_friction
    [link] [comments]

    Hopefully doesn’t get lost but do you have to play multiplayer for this game to be good?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 05:50 PM PST

    I've played like maybe 4-5 hours when the game first came out but that was hardly anything and I don't remember it at all. Is it similar to like rust/dayz or can I play solo and have fun

    submitted by /u/caged345
    [link] [comments]

    Hadrcore challenge

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:59 AM PST

    Game settings:
    -Difficulty on Insane
    -90 minutes day cycle
    -Other settings must be default

    Rules:
    -You can use only 10 inventory slots (ignoring armors on your character, etc)
    -You can die only one time
    -You can choose only One skill tree (perception, strength, Fortitude, Agility or intelligence)

    I tried make this challenge for 40+ hours playtime and It require you high inventory managment and playing very safe

    If you have suggestions how to make this challenge even harder or you just want to discuss, feel free to leave a comment

    submitted by /u/UberDemo
    [link] [comments]

    second server not showing up even in LAN, help pls

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:36 PM PST

    I followed a step by step video, explaining everything, but its only for getting the server up and running but not as a second server, I did many things to try and fix this issue but none have worked and cant think of anything else that might be the issue so im asking here.

    I portforwarded ports 26900 UTP/UDP and then did 26901-3 UDP, and first server works through the steam dedicated server, while second server im trying through steamcmd which isnt working so far and i at first just deleted and reentered the 26901-3 to add 5-8 so 26901-8, then saw another video explaining and thought o ya last video showed 26900 that the game is set to being separate from the other ports, so i then deleted the 26901-8 and redid the 26901-3 and then did a separate 26905 UTP/UDP and then another separate for 26906-8 UDP, it didnt work.

    I did change the server port in the server file to 26905 didnt work, I recalled I turn EAC to false for the other server so I though to try that, didnt work.

    Are there other area's that I need to change the ports?

    I also tried Logmein Hamachi, and server wouldnt show up in LAN either, so i kinda do not think its a port issue but i have no clue so i wouldnt be surprised if it was.

    submitted by /u/Moonpig13
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on creating character when loading into a game

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:01 PM PST

    Whenever I join my friends game it just says creating character, it isnt frozen I can move the mouse around and go through the tips but it just doesn't load. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Pleasantly_Mixed
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck this game, one power outage and all my vehicles gone

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:06 PM PST

    Discussion / Suggestion - Dear FunPimps - Please give us back the Timesinks

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Heya Reddit

    Heya FunPimps

    After a bit of a longer time off the game due to IRL issues I came back to the most recent update and noticed a change once again steering away from how it was implemented.

    I want to say a few words about this as a whole and not just because of the feature. This goes out to both the devs and the community.

    First things first: I love the game. It looks good, it can be quite fun at times and it has something a lot of long term development games dont have: An active dev team that wants to actually make a game instead of running away with the money like other devs have in the past.

    Now that the positives are out of the way, I need to say this.

    FunPimps, with all the love for the game and you guys as devs in my heart:

    If you have an idea for the game and want to change the game to be harder as the initial thought, please stop listening to the community. We have lost some really cool features because of this and even now as I entered the latest update we lost yet another feature to be replaced with a full on new one instead of it just being improved.

    I get that not a lot of people will like difficulty spikes. Such as actually needing to maintain your car or crafting up your weapons proper. Actually needing to invest time into making gear or even blocks like with the sawtable. But believe me, if you actually give players something to do, like a timesink, your game will become a lot more interesting and a lot more fun in the long run.

    For instance:
    Vehicles worked the way that you could switch out parts and actually improve them over time. Same as with guns. These were really cool features making it so that you could make your vehicle and guns better. It wasnt extremely indepth and only featured the obvious stuff but it was enough of a timesink for people to care about it as now the stuff actually began to work better and gave you more of an advantage.

    The Sawtable, similar to the way the workbench and the Chemlab works, gave you access to blocks you couldnt otherwise just make. This replaced the before known craftingsystem and was then replaced again by a full on "choose me option" that made everything just easier to begin with. Let me make this clear: Easier doesnt mean more fun. You took away a timesink which was neccesary for players to invest time into their base and base designs and then made it so its done in an instant via one block that can be changed into any possible shape. Yes you could do the same with cob-rocks. Which was fine because that worked differently. Every person can slap a bit of clay and rocks together and make a shape. But not everyone is a born carpenter.

    And the newest issue? Well it certainly isnt the last issue but the newest issue consists of quite literally taking out a feature you had just implemented only for it to be replaced by a new feature entirely making previously added items completely and utterly useless. Illness was something people were worried about in the previous version so they tried to make better food, steering people towards a skill that was either neccesary or useless depending on how you played. Because you could still buy canned food.

    So what is it now? Its gone. No more illness apart from rotten stuff and murky water. Where the latter can obviously be negated by using the purifier but unless you wanna waste a slot in your attachments, that is an option no one will choose because of the aforementioned waste of a slot in your attachments. Why? Throw it on a fire and make it into normal water. No more danger afterwards. Even purified water, while it does give you a buff, is something people wont spend the time making because first you need the recipe and second it isnt something that amazing to begin with.

    Guns is another issue, even tho I did mention it above. Its nice that now you changed the way guns spawn. But the issue isnt fixed by this. Because yes I can find only a Blunderbuss in early gamestages but I am on day 3 and I am already Level 11 due to slight powerleveling because I got nothing else to do. What does that mean? I already have a pistol and enough ammo to spare. Its Level 1 only sure but its enough to take care of animals and some Zombies if I really wanted to. Not only that, I also recently found an Iron Axe at level 1 and I am only on day 3. Sure I can craft this stuff up but honestly there isnt much point to crafting it if I can just find the stuff even if its low level.

    I love your game. I really really do.

    But please, give us back the Timesinks. Make the game that you want to make and stop listening to the community if a feature you want to implement is "too hard" unless it is literally the entire community complaining and not just the vocal minority that barely plays the game to begin with. And on top of this: IF the community is actually complaining as a whole, dont just outright rip the feature out. Improve it. Make it work better. You did that in the past with the skill system and I am sure you can do that with other features too.

    And to the aforementioned minority of the community. I get that not everyone will enjoy a hard difficulty spike. And not everyone will enjoy the sawtable feature, Vehicle care or gun crafting and maintenance. But lemme be fully honest with you here: This game is trying its hardest to be a somewhat Zombie RPG and lot of the RPG elements are stripped for your convenience in standard mainstream gameplay.

    Instead of actually looking at your stuff and upgrading it with time you replace it with the next best tier that you get. What does this remind you of? Diablo? Borderlands? Other lootbased games? Where none of the tools you have or items you own actually matter and become currency or crafting materials after the next lootrun.

    submitted by /u/Gikame
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for guidance

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:56 PM PST

    I would like to set up a server that has ravenhurst mod on it to play with my kids. I am not greatly educated on this kind of thing and would love some advise on where to host and any other thoughts you all may have.

    submitted by /u/ChetamistaNoud
    [link] [comments]

    This is our second try at making a 7 days video. Cleaned it up a little, maybe a little boring, but check it out and maybe give me some feedback.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:03 PM PST

    Undead Legacy - What a Good Place to get Research Data

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:03 AM PST

    Reset death count?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:02 PM PST

    Hey I like playing hardcore (Death = Delete) and normally I'm strict and if I die to my stupidness I will delete, but I just died cause a bug caused me to fall through the world. I'm only a few in game days in, but I've had a pretty good run so far and as it was down to a bug I'd like to continue, only thing I there is now a death counter on me and its lowered my gamestage, any console command I can use to remove the death count?

    submitted by /u/NehtAyemSeht
    [link] [comments]

    How to LAN play only?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:58 PM PST

    Ok the game does not make it very clear on how to do LAN only. So how do you set it up where there is technically no online involved whatsoever? The only way me and my wife seem to be able to do it is by inviting each other through steam which tells me its online and is a server other people can see. I feel like even if you use the not listed option it is still technically a server online. With actual LAN you don't even have to have internet to do it. Just a router.

    submitted by /u/Prairiedog225
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days To Die | Alpha 19.2 | Let's Test the Animal Tracker Perk

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:26 AM PST

    Did a Stream for 7 days, here's me and my friends talking about Myspace

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:39 PM PST

    Whats a good place to build?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:41 PM PST

    I don't have alot of time it this game and I'm not sure where I should build in the map. Im not on navesgane so I can't just looks up the map so any help in what POI would be good to build next to would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/clohesy123
    [link] [comments]

    Clutch PVP North America 300% XP / 200% Loot RWG Started 11/18

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:09 PM PST

    Hi Survivalists! Few friends and I set out to find a PVP server but couldn't find a good balance of population, stability of the server and friendly/fair admins. Now, I am sure there are servers out there like this but unfortunately I couldn't find one.

    So, being that I have 6 buddies that were willing to go wherever, I decided I should just start my own. I spared no expense on this server and so far it runs like butter. I am posting the server details below along with the mods we have installed already. Our Discord server info will be in the servers description by the end of today.

    Also, if you are joining our server because you saw this post, just type "ClutchPost" in Global Chat on our server and one of our admins will drop a bicycle off to get you started :)

    Last but not least, you may come across a massive structure with "The Arena" written on it. This is an area of the map that the admins and I are working on. The goal is to hold an event where everyone gathers at The Arena during a blood moon and you'll be able to choose any weapon, ammo and gear you want to use. Ultimately we are looking to create a really fun event but it is also going to give us the opportunity to stress test the server (aka kick the s*** out of it lol)

    I hope this post gets a lot of attention because it would just be so cool to start to build a community of gamers that can grow together as this game grows and as we all dive into other games. For those that are curious; Outside of 7D2D, I play a lot of Rocket League (Champion), First Person Shooters (Escape from Tarkov and Warzone were my most recent) and anything that's pretty hot at the moment (CyberPunk 2077 will definitely be one).

    TL;DR Built a brand new beefy server for PVP. We'll be doing fun events like "The Arena" to differentiate ourselves! Type "ClutchPost" in global chat and one of my admins will deliver a Bicycle to you to get you going :)

    Server Details:

    Server Name = Clutch PVP North America Wiped 11/18

    IP Address = 185.150.190.224:26900

    Game Difficulty = Warrior/Hard | Enemy Difficulty = Normal

    Zombie: Move = Walk | Night & Blood Moon = Sprint | Feral = Sprint

    XP Gain & Loot Abundance = 300% & 200%

    Server Mods:

    submitted by /u/CaptainClutch90
    [link] [comments]

    running 2 severs at once, using portforwarding do you need 2 separate port ranges or can you do one long range?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:51 AM PST

    Like title asks, if i have say ports 26900-26902 already for first server, do i need to make another "listing" with ports 26903-26905 or can i make it one "listing" of 26900-26905?

    Edit: or do i just need ports 26900-26902 to run 7days, but for 2nd server just make it use port 26901 and its fine and same if i want a 3rd server to use 26902?

    submitted by /u/Moonpig13
    [link] [comments]

    Do I no longer have to purify water?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:09 AM PST

    Hey reddit

    I recently installed the newest update after a longer pause due to IRL issues and I came to notice that I dont seem to have to worry about illness from food anymore?

    Its all down to 0% and I doubt its file corruption as it is a completely fresh install with all files prior deleted. And before anyone may come to this conclusion: No I am also not using an old savefile that I may have saved somewhere just to continue on it in the new update.

    Playing on the newest version of Navezgane actually.

    If this feature was taken out, I admit I find that kinda sad. It brought some neccesary difficulty to the game that I dont feel in normal gameplay all too much :/

    submitted by /u/Gikame
    [link] [comments]

    Can gtx 1050 4GB VRAM and 8 GB RAM run this game?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Dous this game run decent on gtx 1050? (at least 50 fps and above), quality is not really something I care about, if it is playable.

    Edit: I already bought it, based on people help and it runs pretty good, thanks everyone for the help ^

    submitted by /u/TwilightOn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel