• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - December 09, 2020

    7 Days To Die Wildcard Wednesday - December 09, 2020


    Wildcard Wednesday - December 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Please use this thread to post anything you might have missed from the schedule below

    Day Topic
    Sunday Seedy Sunday
    Monday Modded Monday
    Tuesday Tips n' Tricks Tuesday
    Wednesday Wildcard Wednesday
    Thursday Base Tour/Showcase Thursday
    Friday Friend Finder Friday
    Saturday Streams/Let's Play Saturday
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    7DTD

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Just switched to PC, first thing I did was download Steam and buy 7DTD and OH BOY it is a huge difference playing the game with Ultra Graphics and at 60fps . I feel like it is a completely different game and I am quite lost with all these new skills. Any suggestions on a content creator that I should watch for tips or a guide? Also can you not loot zombies anymore? I killed two and I couldn't loot them.

    submitted by /u/AIrrelvantHomosapien
    [link] [comments]

    Any experience using the steel I-Beam for building large span rooms?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:01 PM PST

    As the title.

    submitted by /u/bkreddit856
    [link] [comments]

    New base. My changes to a classic horde base.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:16 AM PST

    BACKSTORY:

    A few weeks ago I posted about trying different tactics during horde nights. I had been regularly using an obscene amount of ammunition during the Blood Moon (Insane / Nightmare / 64.) In an attempt to be more efficient, I was toying around with traps and being less trigger happy.

    My changes were somewhat successful. I am able to complete a horde night using less ammo. But I also noticed that I also am achieving less kills, which means less XP and less loot.

    One thing that wasn't affected by my changes was the amount of damage to my base. Repairs continue to increase every week as the hordes become tougher. Demolishers are more and more frequent, and I inevitably trigger one, if not several.

    This base was incredibly effective for a very long time. I took someone else's idea and made changes that allowed the base to withstand everything the game could throw at it. I imagine I could continue using this base for many moons to come, but I am tired of being a slave to this base. The amount of resources and time that go into repair, darts, and 762 ammo has sucked the joy out of the game.

    LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW:

    What did I want? I wanted to kill more Zeds and consume less resources.

    In response to my post, /u/alien333 suggested "Explosives are the way to go if you want to be efficient." This stuck with me. Could I get away from the grind of bullets?

    So I started skimming youtube. I want to call out two videos I originally took inspiration from:

    Iron Curtain Gaming: Whack-A-Mole https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aomVmDqiKfg

    Nerdlette Gaming: EXPLOSIVES ONLY HORDE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6J2Y5Q_eb0

    I really liked the whack-a-mole idea, as well as Nerdlette's "fire in the hole" concept. When I watched her video, I thought "This is what I want." Zeds in an enclosed area, suffering explosion damage. I spent considerable time and resources trying to create something original by melding these two approaches. In the end, I didn't get anything working as well as I would have liked. C'est la vie.

    GETTING DOWN TO IT:

    While I had been mining and building, I continued to hole up in my old base every blood moon. This was no way to live.

    I decided to just build someone else's design and see how it worked with explosives. So I began construction:

    Iron Curtain Gaming : a19 Pit Base! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0g2klmxLo

    Let me start of by saying that this base is a huge time sink of a build. The amount of mining and building is significant. I think in their video ICG undersells the amount of time it takes to build this monster (I built this traditionally, without fly, god hammer, or creative menu.)

    Initially, I implemented some minor tweaks to their design. 1. Steep wedging instead of ramps at the mouth of the pit. 2. One generator instead of two. 3. Fence posts moved outward from the pit, with shielding to prevent damage from spit. 4. Some additional fenceposts to add some diagonal wires. None of these changes were of any real consequence.

    I lined the bedrock floor with iron spikes. I was ready for horde night.

    And it kind of sucked. No shade on ICG. The design worked exactly as advertised. Don't get me wrong... I survived. I took very little damage. Maybe it was my execution. Maybe this design works better for a team than as solo. Maybe I needed to keep a constant barage of explosives going in the center. Maybe my aim was for crap. What I found was that the zeds ended up scattering to the four walls, and as a single player, I had to constantly reposition myself to be able to get at the groups that were behind and under me.

    So I started examining the fruits of my labor. 1. My number of kills was down by a third. Where I usually kill 500-600 zeds with my old base, I was under 400 kills for this first horde night in the pit. Less XP and less loot. 2. The base took a lot of damage. I had to replace and repair significantly more blocks.

    **I hadn't tracked ammo / explosives, as I had originally planned on all explosives, but started switching it up in the middle of the night.

    The flaw with my approach / implementation of this design is that after the zeds fall, they could scatter.

    NARROWING MY FOCUS:

    The answer came to me quite quickly. CONTAIN THE ZEDS. I was back to Nerdlette Gaming's concept. I was above the Zeds, I just had to contain them.

    I toyed with a few ideas, but the simplest one was the best. I extended the walls of the drop shaft to the bedrock. The Zeds would fall through electric fencing to land in a 4 x 4 cell. I added some wedge slots to allow me to lob in whatever explosives I choose, and voilà! I had my no-cheese horde base.

    Fast forward to the next horde night. The horde came in full force. I was a little stingy with the explosives, trying to maximize my yield. They beat on the walls, and some time toward morning, they eventually broke through. But many of the Zeds that left kept pathing back into the shaft. I killed just shy of 900 Zeds that night. Roughly 50% more than my original base, and over twice what I was able to manage using the original Iron Curtain Gaming pit design. Furthermore, the amount of repairs required was trivial compared to anything I had dealt with before. When the repairs are limited to a 4 x 4 area, it's nothing compared to the stacks of cement and steel I was used to consuming.

    It is worth mentioning that the ICG original design has a green line indicating where to stand to encourage the most Zeds down the pit. The changes I made appear to have impacted the pathing. As such, I found that standing a bit farther back yields more Zeds entering the pit.

    I've reinforced the bottom several layers of the pit with steel, and doubled the wall thickness. At this point, it's total overkill, but I was having fun.

    I put together a small gallery for anyone interested. https://imgur.com/a/i5gRddu

    Thanks to Iron Curtain Gaming and Nerdlette Gaming. Couldn't have done it without you.

    submitted by /u/Steelspy
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for someone to play with, newbie or veteran, doesn't matter

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:34 PM PST

    I just got the game and have played around a bit, but I would like to have someone to play it with. I don't know a whole lot, so if you're a veteran please be patient and willing to teach. If you're a newbie, that's great! We can learn together. I'm chill and just want to have fun playing the game. Please hit me up.

    submitted by /u/KushieMonsterz
    [link] [comments]

    How to build base that also can be defended with melee weapons?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:59 PM PST

    I was desperate in a run just now, and had little ammo. i tried having a door that was open with a block in front of it. This sorta worked as the zombies climbed the block and i would club them in the genital area. Problem was that i could not hit their head to get the head shot dmg bonus, also since there was a 1x1 opening the dogs could come through. And good suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Captein_Boswollocks
    [link] [comments]

    Yellow loot boxes disappeared

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Hey. Is it only me? My yellow loot boxes are disappearing during horde night.

    I had around 15 on my base recently, when I went down after 4 am there were only like 3 or 4 left. It is third horde night I have noticed that and now I am sure that they evaporated. This is not something I have seen on youtube that people had a sea of loot bags after a night.

    I am playing a PC, vanilla settings. I am using a bow. Maybe it is because of my hundreds missed arrows on the ground? Anyway it really takes the joy from the game. I have spend hours of designing and building the base for the hordes.

    submitted by /u/fortunateson888
    [link] [comments]

    Random Gen Nightmare Mode

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:05 AM PST

    On about day 43, anyone want to join me? I have a base between two traders with a town just a stone's throw away.

    Xbox only.

    submitted by /u/VforVendettaR
    [link] [comments]

    7 days files

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:20 PM PST

    How do I find if I have a mod installed. I used a mod during alpha 17 and It caused me loading issues after 18. I thought I had removed it but my brother is recieving loading issues when joining saying object reference not set to instance of an object. So how do I check to see if I still have the mod installed? I do not have a mod folder in my files.

    submitted by /u/BasicSquare
    [link] [comments]

    Writable crates blinking

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Version 19.2, all the writable crates have started blinking depending on viewing angle and proximity to them. Sometimes they are invisible, somethings they are normal, and sometimes they rapidly flash between the two states. Happens for every player on the server. This started happening a few days ago. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/TEKC0R
    [link] [comments]

    Joining a new server preferences..

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:17 AM PST

    Hi all, I've been playing 7DTD for years now. But can never decide, when joining a new server should I join a fresh wipe, or is it better to join a server that's been running for a few hundred days. On the one hand there will be more established players, on the other hand it shows the server is stable and won't disappear in a few months? What are your thoughts, please share your own preferences too!

    submitted by /u/flamingcalcifer
    [link] [comments]

    Is my world screwed?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:02 AM PST

    Hi, so I'm playing on ps4 version 1.18 and I've ran into a problem. My world I've been playing on the past couple of weeks is crashing the moment it loads up. It will load and I'll be standing in my base but as soon as I take two steps it blue screens. It doesn't crash if I don't move but like I said 2-5 steps in any direction it instantly crashes. I've started another world to test it and the new world works fine. So is my old world just unplayable now? I've built alot of things and explored alot of my map so maybe that did something and it's running too much data? Idk I just made alot of progress and I hate to just scrap it on day 77 but it looks like it's reached it's end. Any ideas would be cool. It's a random gen and my seed name is "DanDevito69" if that matters to anyone.

    submitted by /u/DickPenisMan1
    [link] [comments]

    Stutter/Freezes when Hosting DF Server

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:12 PM PST

    Hello,

    Hosting a DF server with 6 other friends, occasionally, the game will freeze for everyone especially during a blood moon. I've noticed dips in my FPS as well. Does everyone elses game freeze because its my system trying to keep up? If so, if I adjusted my settings would that help others on the server or just me? I am using 16 gb of RAM too.

    submitted by /u/PURPLEMERCENARY
    [link] [comments]

    New buildings and structures?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:22 AM PST

    I heard the other day that there's some tool? or mod? that adds new buildings / houses / structures in the game? Can anyone give me a lil tutorial how to do so, and would it work on an already existing world? (MULTIPLAYER)

    submitted by /u/ily69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel