• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    7 Days To Die Zombie Horde Base: Pit of Pain!

    7 Days To Die Zombie Horde Base: Pit of Pain!


    Zombie Horde Base: Pit of Pain!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:50 AM PST

    Thank god for nailguns and rebar frames.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:56 PM PST

    Day 69, 7pm. I decide I'm going to add a blade trap to the walkway that leads to my elevated horde base. There's some fences I put up to keep zombies and myself from falling off the wrong side that need to go before I can build the overhang that the blade trap will hang from (at head height, ofc). I remove the first fence block, ok. Second block, ok. Third block, oh fuck. Collapse. The ENTIRE BASE. EVERYTHING. My best weapons and best armor, all kitted out with optimal rare and not-yet-craftable mods. Gone with the swing of a sledgehammer. Level 6 AK with rad remover, gone. Level 5 autoshotgun, gone. Level 5 and 6 full military gear with movement and sound mods, gone. Now it's 7:30pm and I've just lost about 30 hours worth of looted gear, I have literally no base to mount a fight in and horde night begins in just over 24 hours.

    I just walked home and exited. Contemplated uninstalling, because it's going to take more than a while to get all that shit again. But after the shock wore off I fired it back up and with the magic of nailgun, rebar frames and thousands of concrete I mixed without any real plan to use I have the whole base rebuilt better than it was before and it's not even noon of day 70. Even managed to figure out why it collapsed, the fences I broke were a later addition and my "clever" idea to place them abutting the concrete blocks rather than directly on top caused the bottom one to act as structural support rather than just a fence. As the game saw it that was actually holding the whole north facing wall of the structure up, once it was gone everything else slid after it.

    What a nightmare. I even had OBS open with replay capture running and the shock was so enormous that I completely forgot to save it. At least I'll probably survive the night and can rebuild my arsenal later. And I learned that I shouldn't keep my best everything in one crate, or at least not in one crate atop a questionably sound structure.

    submitted by /u/goodpostsallday
    [link] [comments]

    Undead legacy question.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:44 PM PST

    I just got a bike and I put a bunch of items on the bike and now I cannot drive it because it is overloaded. I took all the items off and now it still says overloaded.

    I've picked it up and placed it again. Overloaded. The worst part about this mod is that there is no info anywhere about anything.

    BIG EDIT: so the 200 lb is combined weight of everything. I just got rid of a bunch of stuff and I can ride it again. I'm gonna leave this up for jerkoffs like me who can't navigate a forum to save my life.

    submitted by /u/dhoomsday
    [link] [comments]

    I’m having a very hard time with this please help

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:02 PM PST

    How do you make it so two switches open the door from one side and the other switch closes it. i'm so confused i'm trying to make a bunker for my bikes and it's not working someone please help me out.

    submitted by /u/ChefIswick
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best skills to get in the console version?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:32 PM PST

    I've been leveling up my blunt weapon's damage to be blunt cause I like saving up my resources and the iron sledgehammer with the cross bow has been working good for me up until Day 50 so far. What should I use the rest of my skills points on? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/sadweathertoday
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Does "Rule1: Cardio" (increase stamina regen by x% when sprinting) apply to pedalling on a bicycle?

    submitted by /u/SmellyFrenchFry
    [link] [comments]

    Is the paint brush in the console versions?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:54 PM PST

    I doubt it but you never know. It's frustratimg since the wiki doesn't help with anything outdated so I have to find vids that are around Alpha 15.5 (since they added some Alpha 16 stuff). Anyways thanks for the answers!

    submitted by /u/sadweathertoday
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to move your base using teleporting ?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:47 PM PST

    Hey all ! Is there any way to possibly take a base I've built in one world and move it onto another ? I'm not sure on these type of things. I'm looking to simply take a base I've built and move it over to a new world. Can it be downloaded somehow and then spawned in on the new world ? Any help appreciated:)

    submitted by /u/xKFS_
    [link] [comments]

    Shotgun Messiah Factory shit loot twice in a row

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:42 PM PST

    So I raided the Shotgun Messiah Factory on a18 and again today on 19. This time my friend had lucky looter lvl 4 and we got a single gun from the whole factory; A lvl 1 pistol. This is actually even worse than when i did it without lucky looter. why?

    submitted by /u/TheBlaze_3104
    [link] [comments]

    Should I mostly max out a skill tree before moving onto another one?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:24 AM PST

    I am planning on going Strength / Perception. Should I finish getting most of the Strength skills maxed out before I start picking up secondary Perception stuff (like the loot perk, lock picking, etc)?

    submitted by /u/XBgyManX
    [link] [comments]

    Finding mushroom spores

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:09 PM PST

    Hi I'm playing the latest 18.4 on PC. Trying to find mushrooms/mushroom spores. The guides say in caves but I haven't seen any... other than trying to find houses with basements with spores in them or the trader offering them has anyone found a good source for either?

    submitted by /u/ThinkVenue
    [link] [comments]

    How powerful does my computer need to be to get above 30FPS in this game?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:52 PM PST

    I have an 800 dollar ASUS notebook laptop but the game runs like shit on it

    submitted by /u/Crimson_Carp748
    [link] [comments]

    Is the water from a water tower infinite?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:31 AM PST

    Just wondering if it respawns or something. What about small ponds? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AlehUnity
    [link] [comments]

    The Perk System is Trash

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:42 AM PST

    The perk system in this game has become pretty trash. I returned for a serious play for the first time since A16. Game has improved a lot, with 50 hours so far.

    The perk system is pretty bad though. Fixing it should be priority number 1. They either need to redo it all together, or make 2 seperate perk groups. In multiplayer it isn't AS bad, because people in your group can take turns biting the bullet to get stuff that is needed. Single player is damn near impossible to be self sustaining. So many perks are needed and leveling is SLOW. It has basically become a massive time gate to keep you from advancing to the next level of your crafting too fast.

    For instance. On a new character you need to get some stamina and health/food so you stop running out as well as miner 69er for the xp gain. As well as whatever specialization you want. But wait! The workbench and electricity are blocked behind perks. A bunch of levels into the category and subgroup. Then you need to be able to feed yourself. You cant make anything sustainable without the chef perks. So there goes even more. Because somehow you cant cook a piece of meat without a perk.

    I want to start a new game. But the thought of having to get all those perks again just to get to mid game makes me sick to my stomach.

    It is cool they want to make the character into a specific type. But locking mandatory shit behind the same perk system is insane. And it isn't like you can just go find the books instead. There is 200 books and the book stores are spread apart in dangerous areas. The odds of finding what you want is minimal.

    Edit: It isnt about difficulty. It is about it being incredibly time consuming.

    It dont even make sense. Why does my toon need a perk to be able to cook a piece of meat? Did he hit his head too hard?

    submitted by /u/ThatSlyB3
    [link] [comments]

    Crash landing

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:27 AM PST

    The gyro-copter sucks

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:55 AM PST

    That is all

    submitted by /u/userj4m35
    [link] [comments]

    Darkness Falls FPS Issue

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:32 AM PST

    Greetings all!

    Prior to installing Darkness Falls I would get consistent FPS around 60+ however since installing it drops to only 20 and stays there. It's not a hardware issue as my CPU tops at 70% usage and GPU at 30%. RAM also sticks around 45%. Vsync is off and I'm running the game on high at 1440 on single player. Latest drivers and optimized with Gforce Experience. Not quite sure how to boost the FPS as I've also dropped all settings to low as a test and it still stays at ~20.

    Specs: I7-7800X 1080TI 32g Gskill 3600

    submitted by /u/CaptnMako
    [link] [comments]

    Server Tools Issue

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:49 AM PST

    So I don't know too much about DLing server tools, but I install mods all the time. I rent a dedicated server and the instructions say to paste the mods folder into the server directory. I already had a mods folder, so I just put the server tools folder in. It said that it worked on load up, but I don't know where to access the options from here. I don't see a generated folder anywhere. Please help.

    2021-02-09T10:51:02 1.353 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: ServerTools
    2021-02-09T10:51:02 1.354 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Server Tools (19.3.2)

    submitted by /u/RCNman
    [link] [comments]

    Can't join friends server and he can't join me. (Alpha 19.3) (PC)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:53 AM PST

    Upon him trying to join my game, my console pulls up with this specific error message: ERR Task_CommReaderSteam (cl:76561198970599388, ch=0): ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'. Parameter name: chars

    When I attempt to join his, it connects me to one of my worlds on Day 1 at midnight... I walk like 50m away from where I was and I just fall through the floor into the void.

    submitted by /u/Predictable_User
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial on keybinds?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:38 PM PST

    So I know I know, stop being a newb. Look it up! I'm just not sure how to do that... what words n all... ya heard? I'm a stupid newb. I'm sorry. I apologize to comments in advance. Prissy Kr ic y stop bothering me! I'm busy.... tryin da lurn! Remember I'm a Zombie. No Sovereignty over my own Life at all. The o ly enjoyment web I get is da Grind. And Wee Dee OKAY NOW HERES MY QUESTION...(S) WHAT ARE THE FUCKING KEYBONDS MAN!!! It took my 3 weeks to learn how to rotate blocks! I Am Serious Does anyone have a keybinds tutorial for the shit you can't control, don't know you need to (or could, or should) know about? What's the quirks in this game that aren't looked at or appreciated till later on? Or only by advanced/veteran players? I got to understand some older things from Glock9 and also a few other videos but mostly what I'm getting is playthroughs and, well, that's alot. I'm trying to get a different grind. Block, Rev Motorcycle Engine, Punch Zombie thru Car window. Roll Joint, Stab with Fender Knives, Double Kick, Light on Fire, Run to Water! Fast, Put Self in Water! Don't. Get. Bit. By Zombie Shark! Infected, Eating Shark that's Eating Me. Remembers Grenade, Goes Out with BANG!

    submitted by /u/firematthew
    [link] [comments]

    Do fall pits still work?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:14 AM PST

    I want a make a base with a fall pit and some traps. but i just wanted to know if zombie are still dumb enough to fall down it. i don't want to spend time making it for it to not work.

    submitted by /u/ChefIswick
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel