• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday

    7 Days To Die Friend Finder Friday


    Friend Finder Friday

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Are you tired of surviving alone? Ever wish you had a friend help you through horde nights? Have you ever been so lonely you spawned and placed a zombie corpse in your base to keep you company(You know who you are!)?

    If so, you've come to the right place. By posting here you can find friends to play and survive with! Remember, you don't need to be faster than the zombies just faster than your friends ;)

    Please leave your Steam/XB1/PSN name, what time zone you're in and works best for you, and (If you're on PC) any mods you may be using.

    You could also join the Official 7DTD Discord and post in whichever (PC,Xbox, Playstation) LFG channel you're looking to find people to play with!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Even long loading times are enjoyable with this music :)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    Night 48/Morning 49: I have found a pumpkin seed

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    Night 48/Morning 49: I have found a pumpkin seed

    In case some of you are unaware, I previously posted a sub titled "Day 35: Still no pumpkins" or something like that... WELL...Ladies and Gentlemen, Doges and Furries alike, I FOUND A GODDAMN PUMPKIN SEED!

    https://preview.redd.it/vj9g2j2nvxu61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a364da860b3a1de5baef5b8da520b475a924abfc

    submitted by /u/ani671
    [link] [comments]

    Base Game Overhaul - Mod? Kind of?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I found the base game to be WAY too easy and just messing with the basic settings can get a little boring after a while so I overhauled the base game to give the game a more "co-op survival" feel. Here's some of the things I've changed:

    - I've removed some annoying grindy things

    - Zombies harder to kill, and do more damage, making headshots basically mandatory

    - Only gain enough skill points to max out a full tree and a half, giving co-op gameplay more of a "role based" experience.

    - Gain more resources from farming / gathering, so the "chef" of the group actually has something to do without wasting perk points

    - Perks now scale with points invested better so you can FEEL each point invested (headshots scale better, stamina useage on your chosen weapon etc...)

    - Made the spear not a terrible weapon (slightly more damage and attack speed)

    - Mining / Farming tools can be used faster and are much more efficient... (nobody likes spending 3 hours just collecting clay)

    - Lower base character health making stealth play a more viable and actual useful option

    - Traders restock every day

    - The Bellows in the forge works about 5x faster than normal, so finding / crafting them has a bigger impact on production

    - Attack speed increase on some farming tools (stone axe, pick axe, shovel)

    - Sledgehammer uses slightly less stamina

    - Stun baton does more damage

    - Much more zombies in the world so it doesn't feel so empty in places

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I've started a public server to test these settings so I can further refine it based on player feedback, hopefully I'll be testing tonight with one other person to make sure all the settings are working properly then I'll open it up to the public(:

    Let me know if you guys have any ideas on how to improve things or what other things I could change.

    submitted by /u/IBreedBagels
    [link] [comments]

    New player question here.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Hello, i bought the game at the sale - and i am playing with friend. We are at day 6 and we have lvl 6/7. I was wondering if we are doing something horribly wrong because i seen vids that people on day 7 have lvl 50. Any beginner tips are welcome too :)

    submitted by /u/Melfiodas
    [link] [comments]

    Never-ending ferals

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    Day 26, 2-player private server. PC

    Went to the wasteland trader (random gen) and was doing some quests. Finish one after nightfall and decided to hit up "Special Totz" POI while we wait for the night to be over. At this point we're pretty geared up so we can fight through the night.

    Clear it, decided to wait around for the morning. Suddenly, a ton of feral zombies started spawning. I'm talking wights, cops, screamers, construction workers and a plethora of other feral zombies. Plus a couple infected bears. We did our best to fight them off but I didn't have a good automatic weapon with me and my friend only had the revolver and the pistol.

    We killed a ton of them but they did not stop spawning and eventually destroyed the staircase. We were hiding in the ceiling. Decided to go to the roof but there were a ton of ferals up there as well along wirh vultures.

    We fended them off only until my friend was killed (we didn't have any healables with us aside from a regular bandage) and I managed to make it to my minibike with a broken arm and leg.

    Once away from the area they all despawned.

    Any idea why this happened? It was NOT a blood moon night.

    submitted by /u/nintendo_d_s
    [link] [comments]

    Tools and Block Types?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    I recently found out that shovels do a ton of block damage against the blue stone bags and bags of cement you find in POIs, seemingly because they're coded as dirt. Not only is this a great source of cobblestone, it's a pretty decent chunk of XP.

    This made me curious if there are other potentially lucrative tools to carry/blocks to hit when exploring POIs? I know wrenches do bonus to metal but I'm already using that to scrap stuff.

    submitted by /u/Kantusa
    [link] [comments]

    Horde night thunder scares me everytime.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    Every. Single. Damn. Time.

    submitted by /u/MrBrousseaux
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to setup up a dedicated server on my computer for the 50th time in the last five years and I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    My best guess is there is something I'm not doing in the config file that's keeping it from working.

    I've followed this guide. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server

    I've tried turning off windows firewall completely just to see if that was the problem but still can't connect.

    I've setup a static IP. I've gone into the router and forwarded the ports. The tool i used from the guide to set the static ip says the ports are open.

    The console window for the server looks like everything is running. When ever I try to connect to it I just get a error the says "Can not retrieve server information"

    I've done a clean windows install since the last time I have tried this a couple months ago. Anyone have some ideas I can try out?

    My ip is 71.218.233.127 port 26900 password "ilovelamp" if anyone wants to see if they can connect.

    submitted by /u/OneSchott
    [link] [comments]

    Hub Cap Land Mines appear around my bed and round my base

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    Hi guys, first of all, it's my first post so if I made any mistake, please let me know. And also English is not my mother tongue.

    I've only had around 20 hours in 7DTD, I am currently playing version A19.4, single player with no mod, I built my base based on a building near the docks (North West of the map, next to a big lake with two island inside), my problem is that today (Day 18), when I was placing traps inside my base (lots of them) and rebuild some broken walls, I suddenly stepped on a landmine and die (I don't have any mine placed). Then when I respawned on my bed, I found out that there were 6 other Hub Cap Land Mines placed around my bed. Then I heard explosion outside and my base starts to fall apart, everything broke down and fall through the space under my base (I have not dug it). Then I see about 20 zombies running toward my base while it was during the day, I just stood there and watch my hard earned stash falling underground. I also saw a red transparent sphere floating next to my base, sometime it turned blue and back to red.

    I understand that my base collapsing could results from me building too much traps inside the building, but the other things I don't understand: landmines just appeared next to me, zombies rushing to my base in broad daylight, and the weird floating sphere. I have done a quick search on google but only find tutorial and stream videos. If you guys know what happened, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Andrew506
    [link] [comments]

    Barbed Wire?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    So you know the barbed wires in houses that block off ateas, forcing you to go around? Can we make just the barbed wire vs the barbed wire fences? Cuz my base looks hella dumb with the wooden barbed wire fences.

    submitted by /u/ani671
    [link] [comments]

    Another annoying question about mods

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:09 PM PDT

    I installed 7 Days to Die today through steam, I downloaded only 1 mod - Weaponry by mayic.

    I extracted it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\mods\<mod location>

    When I boot up the game, I create a new game and I get an error :null reference exception object reference not set to an instance of an object

    What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/prysmatik
    [link] [comments]

    "A new ambient sound system with new content"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    This quote comes from the highlights of the 19.4 stable update, but I have noticed no changes, except MAYBE I've heard spider zombies make a different sound. Does anyone have any further information?

    submitted by /u/endingonagoodnote
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox One Group

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Who here plays Xbox one and is interested in maybe getting a group together from here?

    submitted by /u/Cr1mson03
    [link] [comments]

    Nitrogen world generator on 19.4?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Hi! Good day to all of you!

    Back in 19.1 I tried using nitrogen world gen and the outcome was very much to my liking. But then I had to drop the game for some viruses infected my PC and made my CPU ran on 100 Celsius while gaming. Now that it got sorted out I'm back to the game, however, I see and I hear that Nitrogen world generator is highly outdated. Have any of you managed to generate a custom, good looking and well working map with Nitrogen world gen on 19.4? If yes, could you share the steps with me? Or should I just give up on it?

    Thanks a lot in advance for everyone the answers!

    submitted by /u/SirMephistoPheles1
    [link] [comments]

    How to find a bobs boars in random map?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    Digging a Tunnel: Do I need to support the "roof?"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    I'm planning on digging a 3-wide tunnel between POIs through clay soil.

    1. Do I need to support the roof of my tunnel at all.

    2. If so, does the 7 block rule apply? I.e should I place wood frames as support every 7 blocks horizontally I dig?

    3. Is there an optimal depth to dig down vertically to minimize screamer/zombie attacks?

    Any tips or insight are welcome!

    submitted by /u/Kantusa
    [link] [comments]

    Prefab Menu?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Hi, is there any way to re enable the prefab menu? I want to move some pois around but i saw TFP disabled the K menu. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Not_Zamiel
    [link] [comments]

    7 Days to Die Local Server

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    Me and my friend are deciding to buy the game since it's currently on sale and we were wondering if local servers are a thing since we would have a hard time finding dedicated servers with decent ping.i If there is local servers I would appreciate your answers or suggestions

    submitted by /u/AsianDominic
    [link] [comments]

    Very weird Day 7 hoard night. Only got to fight ONE zombie all night long.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    So I was inspired to try an idea that I had on a randomly generated map that I had created about two weeks ago. This is the same map where I found the house on a hill that I pitied the poor mailman. There was a snack shop made out of concrete that had two public bathrooms attached to it right next to a basketball court and a playground. I thought it would make a great hoard base! As a matter of fact, the window where the cash register was located seemed a great place to stand and bop or shoot zombies.

    I demolished the cash register and placed a bunch of wooden spike traps around the perimeter of the building but left the spot in front of the food pick-up window open. I thought that it would encourage the pathing of the zombies to come around the building and approach the window from that side.

    Didn't seem to work. Only one zombie approached the food stand from the side that I wanted. As a matter of fact, very, very few zombies seemed to spawn that night at all. I didn't change my hoard night settings though. Everything was set for a default solo PvE game.

    Some of my spike traps were damaged or missing, but no damage was done to the walls. Nearby, there is a stone wall around the playground and I found two nurse zombies futilely pounding at the wall. That was it.

    Any ideas as to what happened? It seemed like something in the game was broken or didn't work right. Partway through the night, I even broke part of the take-out window wall and replaced it with an iron hatch to open and close. I thought that might encourage more zombies to approach me.

    I think the game was at an okay stage. I had a 9mm pistol and a blunderbuss all ready to go.. I dunno.

    submitted by /u/airmaildolphin
    [link] [comments]

    Zombie Pathing: Distance vs. Block HP

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    When the blood moon horde attacks, they take the path of least resistance to the player. The formula used includes aggregate block HP and distance required to reach the target. In theory the zombies should avoid a 5,000 HP block in favor of a 1500 HP block, but at a certain point they will prefer to hit the 5k hp block if the weaker block is too far.

    I'm a fan of having 1 base to live in and defend, so I'm trying to have a soft funnel towards the main gate, without going full-on death corridor strat. My perimeter wall is 20x20 and consists of 1500 HP blocks for now. I've kept my door purposefully downgraded as the weakest link, but I'm afraid that if a horde spawns behind the furthest wall from the gate that they'll prefer to hit the wall instead since it's closer.

    I was wondering if anyone has puzzled out the exact values or "cost" that the game assigns to movement vs. Block HP when calculating the path of least resistance for hordes. Also, would a sufficiently wide/deep trench (3x3?) around the perimeter disrupt the pathfinding enough to funnel them to my door?

    submitted by /u/Kantusa
    [link] [comments]

    Underground Base Question

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    So before I start making one in my solo world I was wondering if they are still viable. Thinking of having a wide ramp leading down to a kill room with traps on either side but I heard zombies dig instead of going down the ramp. Would having layers of reinforced concrete above deter them from doing so? or perhaps building underneath a deep lake?

    All I see on this are outdated post about A18 and below. So I was wondering if any of you have any experience with making a viable horde base with the same concept.

    Edit: Saw another post and seems the general consensus is not to make underground base which is unfortunate because I think they are a cool concept.

    submitted by /u/MarkusKidd
    [link] [comments]

    Seed with lots of flat space

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    How would I go about find a seed with a lot flat open areas?

    submitted by /u/PEBKAC-Live
    [link] [comments]

    Freshhh Server

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    ---=== ITS FRIDAY ===---

    Join a freshly wiped server today and start a new PVP

    adventure this weekend.

    200% LOOT 150xp

    Server Name: Undateables

    Platform: PC/Steam

    Region: UK

    Mods: Brilliant HUD

    Playtype: PVP

    Password:

    Server IP: 45.92.36.58

    Port: 26920

    Wiped 23rd April

    https://discord.gg/vFzUx2mg

    submitted by /u/joejoe364
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel